20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
hi everyone,
After checking with my husband, we have both agreed to share our story about our Accra experience. On March 24, as I was preparing to fly to Ghana, I checked my email and was overjoyed to see a letter inviting my husband for an interview on April 15. His application had arrived in Ghana on Nov 15. We practiced all the marriage related questions we found online over and over, and he got them all right. I had to leave on the 12 and was not able to stay for the interview but we were very confident. So confident in fact, that I brought a suitcase of his clothes home with me. The morning of the interview, he was asked to go into a very cold room, the vo started her statement with I have the ability to reject you, so you better be honest. For the next three hours he was harassed by her. 90% of questions were not related to our marriage at all. She threw questions at him like why had he not attended his sons mothers funeral 12 years ago , did he have sex with women in the years prior to our marriage, does he have lots of girlfriends, her quote was then "Ghanaian men always have lots of women, they love too many women". She said to him, did you bring your old expired passport, he told her no, that it was not needed but that he had his current one, she screamed at him accusing him of trying to get visas before (he has never traveled). I was there in 2007 and he came to see me, but only as my friend, she dwell ed on the fact that he didnt have alot of information why I was in Ghana then (I was there marrying my first husband at the time, as my current husband was just friends with me). She asked him who raised his son, he stated he did along with his sister, she then told him he was irresponsible and not a good dad as he had help raising his son and didn't do it alone.. when she asked how we met, he told her originally online in 2000, she then criticized him for talking to me online as he had a girlfriend at the time, he informed her that we were penpals only, but she continued to throw insults at him. I have a 24 year old son , she kept asking why my son doesnt see his father, what happened in that relationship, he informed her that was long before we were together, and it had nothing to do with his relationship with me, she did not like any of the answers, and just kept saying she is not convinced of our marriage. Another thing she asked was if he knew I had a loan, there is no way she would have known this unless she pulled a credit file on me, he told her yes he was aware of it. Over and over again, she brought up that Ghanian men love having women, and that there is no way a man of his calibre would go without sex for extended amounts of time.

We have known one another 14 years, married for two. I've taken 3 trips to Ghana 3 years in a row to see him. My family and friends know about him, as does his. We planted a tree in his fathers village for our wedding, I stay at the family home with him,, we dont leave each others side when Im there. All his work documents list me as his spouse, as does his sons school information. At his sons school, they recognize me as the mom. My application package was overfilled with photos, email chats, love letters, phone records, etc. I spent hours and hours organizing it well. I knew we would be flagged as this is my second sponsorship and marriage, but the questions the io did had virtually nothing to do with our relationship, and only focused on things prior to us being together. My husband doesnt drink, or do drugs, he works in transport for another embassy, and is a christian, we are similar in age (im 44, he is 47), both of us the same religion, and similar education levels. We even have land together in Ghana.

I wanted people to know our story, in case there is anyone out there that had a similar interview. I will of course appeal, but I also think its high time this officer be brought to task, I see online there are other complaints on her, so now I sit and wait and cry every day until we succeed,

:'(

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
boatswife said:
hi everyone,
After checking with my husband, we have both agreed to share our story about our Accra experience. On March 24, as I was preparing to fly to Ghana, I checked my email and was overjoyed to see a letter inviting my husband for an interview on April 15. His application had arrived in Ghana on Nov 15. We practiced all the marriage related questions we found online over and over, and he got them all right. I had to leave on the 12 and was not able to stay for the interview but we were very confident. So confident in fact, that I brought a suitcase of his clothes home with me. The morning of the interview, he was asked to go into a very cold room, the vo started her statement with I have the ability to reject you, so you better be honest. For the next three hours he was harassed by her. 90% of questions were not related to our marriage at all. She threw questions at him like why had he not attended his sons mothers funeral 12 years ago , did he have sex with women in the years prior to our marriage, does he have lots of girlfriends, her quote was then "Ghanaian men always have lots of women, they love too many women". She said to him, did you bring your old expired passport, he told her no, that it was not needed but that he had his current one, she screamed at him accusing him of trying to get visas before (he has never traveled). I was there in 2007 and he came to see me, but only as my friend, she dwell ed on the fact that he didnt have alot of information why I was in Ghana then (I was there marrying my first husband at the time, as my current husband was just friends with me). She asked him who raised his son, he stated he did along with his sister, she then told him he was irresponsible and not a good dad as he had help raising his son and didn't do it alone.. when she asked how we met, he told her originally online in 2000, she then criticized him for talking to me online as he had a girlfriend at the time, he informed her that we were penpals only, but she continued to throw insults at him. I have a 24 year old son , she kept asking why my son doesnt see his father, what happened in that relationship, he informed her that was long before we were together, and it had nothing to do with his relationship with me, she did not like any of the answers, and just kept saying she is not convinced of our marriage. Another thing she asked was if he knew I had a loan, there is no way she would have known this unless she pulled a credit file on me, he told her yes he was aware of it. Over and over again, she brought up that Ghanian men love having women, and that there is no way a man of his calibre would go without sex for extended amounts of time.

We have known one another 14 years, married for two. I've taken 3 trips to Ghana 3 years in a row to see him. My family and friends know about him, as does his. We planted a tree in his fathers village for our wedding, I stay at the family home with him,, we dont leave each others side when Im there. All his work documents list me as his spouse, as does his sons school information. At his sons school, they recognize me as the mom. My application package was overfilled with photos, email chats, love letters, phone records, etc. I spent hours and hours organizing it well. I knew we would be flagged as this is my second sponsorship and marriage, but the questions the io did had virtually nothing to do with our relationship, and only focused on things prior to us being together. My husband doesnt drink, or do drugs, he works in transport for another embassy, and is a christian, we are similar in age (im 44, he is 47), both of us the same religion, and similar education levels. We even have land together in Ghana.

I wanted people to know our story, in case there is anyone out there that had a similar interview. I will of course appeal, but I also think its high time this officer be brought to task, I see online there are other complaints on her, so now I sit and wait and cry every day until we succeed,

Wow! That's really terrible, I'm sorry about the way your husband was treated boatswife and we wish you all the best. I'm sure you will win your appeal but I hear its a long process :( .This is my worst fear, knowing our relationship is genuine and proving that as best we can, only to get some rude ignorant person like this who only seems to want to see people fail. I pray that my husbands interview is waived but it seems that isn't very common with Accra so I pray at the very least he isn't interviewed by that woman.. Are they interviewed by Ghanaians? or Canadians living there? We are still in the beginning stages, (impatiently) waiting for AOR and SA to come from Mississauga hopefully by next week.

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Hi Obronibini, in our case it was a white canadian who interviewed him. This is my second sponsership (my ex husband went through in 2008 without even an interview), so I knew we would be flagged, however I figured we would have an interview about our marriage, not about our past relationships or things that had nothing to do with our marriage. I expected an interview not three hours of harrassment, I pray that yours goes smoothly as it should...

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
This is rather unfortunate.
If the Visa officer is Karren Salloum. then I am not suprised. She has a reputation for being AN ASS. She has been qouted using some profanity at her interview sessions. We spend tax $$ on single women like her working in ghana to Harass us. I am guessing she must be from a small town in Canada. not very open minded. The appeal process is long and reapplying though costly is the best option at this time. My neighbours are from India and they continue to bring people here through the PNP program and charge them $20,000 per head. His wife has quit her full time job and stays home. free money coming in and they deny honest people that want to reunite with their spouses in Canada. The govt can be so lame sometimes.
The Canadian govt will rather spend $40,000 a year on a criminal in jail, grant him or her access to medicare, Tv, food etc and deny others the right to reunite with the loved ones.

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
Hello Boatswife
I will urge you to get your local MP involved in this. You can also go public, go to CBC and tell them your story. Once it is aired, you will be surprised how many people will get involved. I have seen a similar case like yours go public and the response was so massive accra had to cave-in and reconsider.

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
its about time something is done about the Accra office. we cant just sit and accepted this baseless decisions they come up with. In other countries if your spouse has a "pulse" or a heart beat, he/she is granted a PR visa.
Why do we have to sit and accept these decisions from these heartless VO's. I am sorry I sound this way , but I am pissed about the way Boatswife situation was handled.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
boatswife said:
Hi Obronibini, in our case it was a white canadian who interviewed him. This is my second sponsership (my ex husband went through in 2008 without even an interview), so I knew we would be flagged, however I figured we would have an interview about our marriage, not about our past relationships or things that had nothing to do with our marriage. I expected an interview not three hours of harrassment, I pray that yours goes smoothly as it should...
was your ex also a Ghanaian ? You started the process around November 2013? That's just 6 months right? I mean from when you sent it till the unfortunate interview ? I don't see what the main reason for denial is to be honest .. We pray everything goes ok for you , Hopefully your mp does something about it. And hey guys can one say they don't want to be interviewed by a particular person there?

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Chubster33 said:
its about time something is done about the Accra office. we cant just sit and accepted this baseless decisions they come up with. In other countries if your spouse has a "pulse" or a heart beat, he/she is granted a PR visa.
Why do we have to sit and accept these decisions from these heartless VO's. I am sorry I sound this way , but I am pissed about the way Boatswife situation was handled.
I can understand how you feel, it so sad people have to deal with that, how is the process going for you ? How long is/ was your case if you don't mind me asking ? Thank you

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
boatswife said:
hi everyone,

how is it possible to find out you are on loan ? Is that legal thing to do ? Pull credit file ? It a bit someway he didn't know why you were in Ghana the first time though, because you guys were friends at the time , aside that the rest of the questions are not normal at all, am sure they will send you full report stating why they denied him. I know it doesn't matter but maybe you should have extended your stay to attend the interview with him , I've read of that helping someone in the past, I know it doesn't matter now , focus your time on appealing , keep us posted , all the best

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
I applied to sponsor my wife in January. Her file is currently in Ghana
If chic want to play games with me. I will take things to the supreme court if I have to.

ama1978

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chubster33 said:
This is rather unfortunate.
If the Visa officer is Karren Salloum. then I am not suprised. She has a reputation for being AN ASS. She has been qouted using some profanity at her interview sessions.
It was indeed Karen Salloum. I think we all need to stand up to VO's like this. If this happened in Canada there would be HUGE repercussions. No person should have to endure harrassment and racism like this.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Chubster33 said:
I applied to sponsor my wife in January. Her file is currently in Ghana
If chic want to play games with me. I will take things to the supreme court if I have to.
oh ok you and AMA are with us a well, we are looking up to you guys :) do you have any idea how to check what month of application Accra is working on ?

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
@ Obronibini
I'm not sure if Accra discloses this information , but I could be wrong.
I have also been informed that personal information like credit checks etc can be accessed by VO's. The Option C print-out states social insurance number. That is all the VO requires to pull your personal info if they have to. I personally don't mind them doing that. I have never even had a parking ticket living here 24 years.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Chubster33 said:
@ Obronibini
I'm not sure if Accra discloses this information , but I could be wrong.
I have also been informed that personal information like credit checks etc can be accessed by VO's. The Option C print-out states social insurance number. That is all the VO requires to pull your personal info if they have to. I personally don't mind them doing that. I have never even had a parking ticket living here 24 years.
oh ok that's right, some people in the Manila thread know which month their vo is processing maybe they check by following other threads monthly. All the best guys I will keep you posted on any development on our case.

Yinkuzi

Feb 9, 2011
Is it possible for CIC to not locate medicals? They have given us 10days to reply. Any suggestions?
Can they still request interview after medicals?