App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Congratulations! On the day your counterfoil number appeared on your gc account, did you get any email update that your account had been updated?
I Just Received Pickup Mail from AVO.. the finish line is near!!!!! :cool::):):)

Reactions: 9jaflower

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
N
Congratulations! On the day your counterfoil number appeared on your gc account, did you get any email update that your account had been updated?
No i didnt get any email hat my account was updated...i just kept checking...its been updated for some time now...basically got updated the second day the passport arrived their office.

Reactions: Ugoswife

larrykay247

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
we are in the same boat. Except in our case, we are waiting for them to tell us to send the passport to the country of residence. They have everything else since the 13th or 14th.
It's tiring and pls let me know when you hear from them,to know that people we did medical together has received pick up mail since last week

jennyu

Jul 1, 2017
@jennyu please was there any changes on your gckey on the medicals section when you received request. Please let me know, thanks and hope youve gone for it
Yes gckey changed to “we are reviewing the results of your medicals”. No my husband will be going next Monday. He’s out of town now for work.

Reactions: me2605

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Had an idea - there are a lot of similar questions that are been asked in the forum. Because there are so many pages in the forum, it's hard for new people to find the answers, and all the same questions that may have been asked previously.

Maybe we can work together to create a faq page for new people? Like listing email addresses, and other questions often asked.

Reactions: jennyu

K_p_

Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
08/02/2017
File Transfer...
16/03/2017
Passport Req..
20/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2017
A day barely goes by without checking this thread and I must say that have found everyone's post useful. Welldone guys!

Firstly, I have just got my passport back with the issued counterfoil and would be in Canada in a matter of days. But would like to share my experience as it may be useful for someone out there.

My application was received in February 2018 and was transferred to Accra in March. I was initially worried that my application went to Accra instead of London, since I live in England but the whole process turned out in my favour. As usual, no further correspondence was received but I sent one via the webform in September notifying Accra of our new born. Last week, I was asked if I could be in Canada in December before the expiration of my medical. My response was yes and I used the opportunity to requested that the COPR be issued in London, given the short timeline. I received another email immediately requesting that I send my passport to London via VAC. I followed the instructions and received my passport today (all of which took 6 working days). My status shows completed and in my experience, the on-line service tool was updated when the decision was made and the completed status only reflected in myGCKey after my the issuance of the counterfoil.

Advice

If in doubt before and after submission, seek for more information. I looked at people's experiences (there is nothing new, someone somewhere have gone through your situation before) and I also used a lawyer in Canada to go through my documents before submission.
All fees paid upfront (and medical) to avoid additional processing time.
If you are the prayer type, key into in...........in my case, I believed that the process works without glitch if Accra has all the documents required to make informed decision....

Congrats to those on the finish line and good luck to everyone still waiting for their goodnews

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
A day barely goes by without checking this thread and I must say that have found everyone's post useful. Welldone guys!

Firstly, I have just got my passport back with the issued counterfoil and would be in Canada in a matter of days. But would like to share my experience as it may be useful for someone out there.

My application was received in February 2018 and was transferred to Accra in March. I was initially worried that my application went to Accra instead of London, since I live in England but the whole process turned out in my favour. As usual, no further correspondence was received but I sent one via the webform in September notifying Accra of our new born. Last week, I was asked if I could be in Canada in December before the expiration of my medical. My response was yes and I used the opportunity to requested that the COPR be issued in London, given the short timeline. I received another email immediately requesting that I send my passport to London via VAC. I followed the instructions and received my passport today (all of which took 6 working days). My status shows completed and in my experience, the on-line service tool was updated when the decision was made and the completed status only reflected in myGCKey after my the issuance of the counterfoil.

Advice

If in doubt before and after submission, seek for more information. I looked at people's experiences (there is nothing new, someone somewhere have gone through your situation before) and I also used a lawyer in Canada to go through my documents before submission.
All fees paid upfront (and medical) to avoid additional processing time.
If you are the prayer type, key into in...........in my case, I believed that the process works without glitch if Accra has all the documents required to make informed decision....

Congrats to those on the finish line and good luck to everyone still waiting for their goodnews
Feb 2017? What day please?

Reactions: Skod

jennyu

Jul 1, 2017
Had an idea - there are a lot of similar questions that are been asked in the forum. Because there are so many pages in the forum, it's hard for new people to find the answers, and all the same questions that may have been asked previously.

Maybe we can work together to create a faq page for new people? Like listing email addresses, and other questions often asked.
Good idea. I started an FAQ tab on the 2017 spreadsheet but haven’t had time to pull together some questions. Maybe everyone can contribute and upday that section.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Yes gckey changed to “we are reviewing the results of your medicals”. No my husband will be going next Monday. He’s out of town now for work.
Okay... thanks for the reply.