+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
Sugarcoconut said:
AVO has provoked somebody...lol. But I believe this too afterall few years ago this application took just 3-4months but look at we now.

I can only imagine the feeling of being apart for so long when I feel the way I do even though the longest i've been apart from my spouse is just 3months, feels like yrs.
It is well...God won't let us see or do evil.
Our application only took 4 months and 1 week. Good luck to you guys. Just always make sure you package your application well well

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Timo, Timo,
Amen,
Thank you sir...

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
Egwejemu said:
Hi Teamcmore,
With the trend that has been going in with AVO it takes from 9 to 11 months. They have Been really fast lately. What's your timeline?
They are much better now. Our application took 4 months and 1 week and my hubby was asked to send his passport. No interview was required

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
So the 6 months is really from the time I sent application to Mississauga - so in reality Accra only took 4 months to process my papers. Had they not requested further documents in November (copies of children's birth certificates) then it might have only taken 3 months. They were super fast with our application (probably helped that I work for the Canadian Government)

spacepmi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA THEN TRANSFERED TO DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
13-03-2016
uCHEMAMA said:
Not sure you saw my response...I was asking if you yourself were sponsored by a previous spouse before you submitted this new application? How long have you been married and do you have children?
Hi Uchemama,
We have been dating since 2011 and we finally got married January 2016. We do not have any kids yet. I was not sponsored in getting my permanent residence and more over I am already a citizen of Canada. She had applied twice before to come to Canada as student and was refused a visa. Do you think that might affect the delay? Anyways I ordered the gcms notes and so I am waiting to see what it says.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
spacepmi said:
Hi Uchemama,
We have been dating since 2011 and we finally got married January 2016. We do not have any kids yet. I was not sponsored in getting my permanent residence and more over I am already a citizen of Canada. She had applied twice before to come to Canada as student and was refused a visa. Do you think that might affect the delay? Anyways I ordered the gcms notes and so I am waiting to see what it says.
Spacepman...never mind all this ...every application are not process by one officer.. Each case are different, stop allowing people to be increasing your Blood pressure.. Every one wouldn't get ppr samw day,same week,same months, if AVO need something from you ,they will tell you,don't calculate others application with yours to avoid adding more anxieties ,I have seen people with a lot of regflag but they made it,I have seen a Muslim married a Christian but they made it,I have seen people with low evidence but they made it,go and check momaobasi and Samola timeline and get hope,Samola is more than a year now,but he got DM just yesterday, moma obasi got has In 14 months,I myself my SA takes 5 months to be approved.. Yet its just 3 months at AVO ,I know when my time comes I will get ppr like others.. Stop disturbing yourself when your times comes you made it,sometimes people in forum forget that all this they are telling you ,you would have do this way or the other way are medicine after death because you have already sent out your application, just be patient and pray ..when your times comes you get ppr ,those ones that get it fast shouldn't expect that every one application should be fast as there's,case are different, names are different, officer's are different too..AVO never reject any application that I know of since last year,rather they keep requesting all the documents they need from until they get all they need and approved it ,so they wouldn't start it with our own...stay strong man or woman ,the time you have endure is bigger than the one left,Infact time left is reduced.. When its your turn you smile like others..be courageous be strong!

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Timosky99 that was very beautiful . I couldn't have said it better myself. certain circumstances are also roles in obtaining approval such as pregnancy, small children etc. We all shared good news here when we heard/read that the government has added more resources towards Spousal sponsorship applications especially for family reunification to finish up the backlog. The Canadian government understands that families deserve to be together, for it is families that make up society. We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. Perhaps some officers have more experience than others and know what to look for etc. I don't think where you work is a factor to obtain a quick response from them. I have a good job too but that's besides the point... regardless everyone has its time. our time will come and we shouldn't try to upset/worry/depress ourselves for something we don't have control of. Sure we can help one another by giving pointers and directions as to what works and what does not work. But let us not get wrapped up in each others timelines. Yes we can use it as a guide but it shouldn't be our last resort nor should it be our full hope.

We have done our best let God do the rest. if additional info is required give it , let go and Let God. it is in His time He makes all things beautiful. Cheer up. and thank you Tim for that beautiful reminder. We are all in this together. WE all want to see each other succeed. We are happy for those who obtain their passport request and PPR. Surely one day we would ALL rejoice together. No situation is permanent. This mountain shall be removed. IJN

Peace and blessings to all Happy Friday. :D

Reactions: Akissi18

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
spacepmi said:
Hi Uchemama,
You definitely have nothing to worry about then - however, be prepared for her to be asked to attend an interview since they already know she had previously applied as a student. Make sure you submit all your emails, chats etc. The time you began dating to finally getting married is realistic. Shows you waited to get to know her before finally getting married so clearly this is not a "rushed" marriage. Another point is it it easier for women to be approved than men.

Good luck and keep me posted.

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
Timosky99 said:
Spacepman...never mind all this ...every application are not process by one officer.. Each case are different, stop allowing people to be increasing your Blood pressure.. Every one wouldn't get ppr samw day,same week,same months, if AVO need something from you ,they will tell you,don't calculate others application with yours to avoid adding more anxieties ,I have seen people with a lot of regflag but they made it,I have seen a Muslim married a Christian but they made it,I have seen people with low evidence but they made it,go and check momaobasi and Samola timeline and get hope,Samola is more than a year now,but he got DM just yesterday, moma obasi got has In 14 months,I myself my SA takes 5 months to be approved.. Yet its just 3 months at AVO ,I know when my time comes I will get ppr like others.. Stop disturbing yourself when your times comes you made it,sometimes people in forum forget that all this they are telling you ,you would have do this way or the other way are medicine after death because you have already sent out your application, just be patient and pray ..when your times comes you get ppr ,those ones that get it fast shouldn't expect that every one application should be fast as there's,case are different, names are different, officer's are different too..AVO never reject any application that I know of since last year,rather they keep requesting all the documents they need from until they get all they need and approved it ,so they wouldn't start it with our own...stay strong man or woman ,the time you have endure is bigger than the one left,Infact time left is reduced.. When its your turn you smile like others..be courageous be strong!
I agree Timosky99 but this forum is also to encourage and support all of us. I dont think anyone would intentionally try and make anyone feel stressed, rather to make everyone comfortable. Yes, every officer is different but I personally learnt a lot from this forum before I submitted my application. Good luck to all

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
uCHEMAMA said:
You definitely have nothing to worry about then - however, be prepared for her to be asked to attend an interview since they already know she had previously applied as a student. Make sure you submit all your emails, chats etc. The time you began dating to finally getting married is realistic. Shows you waited to get to know her before finally getting married so clearly this is not a "rushed" marriage. Another point is it it easier for women to be approved than men.

Good luck and keep me posted.
But honestly Uchenna you are making peoples mind fly,Even immigration lawyer wouldn't say this to client,
That some one have apply For students visa is not a most that you will be given interview No,ikema have apply that, he got ppr no interview, he is Canada now,Gahofa have apply and refused too,he got ppr last month,so having applying for students visa and refused does not mean that you will get interview during your family sponsorship it's a different thing, applying for visa and getting refused is not a redflag..lets be positive...
I read that what what bring interview is if the officer doubt your relationship to be genuine or marriage of convineince ,or may be fake identity or they want to see you to prove some doubt .people hardly get interview at avo since I join this forums 7 months ago.

Carla2016

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2016
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
Re medical request 14-nov-2016
Med's Done....
Up front November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
spacepmi said:
Hi Uchemama,
Hey What Timosky99 said is totally rigth. I applied 3 times (two visiting and one student visa) and got denied but now under family sponsorship got my ppr last december 2016 so chill.

All the best though

Reactions: cookie1234

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Guys
Please help me
Can anybody tell me the address of cic in Ghana
I need to send something to cic in Ghana but don't no the address

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
@Peg24,
here is the information you want...

High Commission of Canada
Street Address:
42 Independence Avenue
Accra, Ghana
Sankara Interchange (Ako Adjei Overpass)
Accra, Ghana
Telephone: 011 (233) 30 2211 521
Facsimile : 011 (233) 30 2211 523 / 2773 792 / 2211 524 (visas)
Email: accra@international.gc.ca

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hi guys. I'm new to this thread. Our application was received on 3rd October, 2016 and so I'm still waiting like you guys are. I'm not sure how to share my timeline by the side of my post. Can anyone tell me how to.

Reactions: me2605

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
I have not been here for a long time but can see the house has grown with some useful posts