Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Teni said:
this waiting game is killing me, 9months ??? :'( tired of waiting
@Teni, did you hear anything from accra after you did your wedding recently? I know how you feel but those heartless people in CHC don't care about anyone.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
chenny said:
does ecas indicate if police result has been received?
Not from my experience. That would be a good idea though.

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
@ Bbccanada Nope, av not heard from them @ all, i cant even check my status online, @ Chenny i applied July 9th 2012, got a mail from the in Nov 2012 saying my marriage ................ and i shld send additional information, and was give 60 days, my hubby came in January we had another wedding( Registry) and i sent it January 23rd or so, since then av not heard a word from them, i just tire, and hopeful

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hey Guys, we talked about drafting a letter to express our concern but those who promise to write have not done so. Today i spent few minute to draft something that i went everyone to continue adding or changing until we have a complete letter with our the problems we are facing. Here is what i start with:

March 14, 2013

The Honorable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
Dear Mr. Kenney

As a proud permanent residents and Canadian citizens, we are coming together as a group writing to thank you for the wonderful work you have been doing with regards to citizenship and immigration Canada. Moreover, we would like to express our appreciation for what this wonderful country has done for us, our families especially our children. We love this country from the bottom of our hearts and we will continue to be part of the growth, history, and productive members of our society in order to make our country a better place for the future generation.

Honorable Jason Kenney, the reason why we came together as a group of individuals from different social, economic and educational background is to express our concern regarding the way our spouses are being treated at the Canadian High Commission in Accra Ghana during family class sponsorship in order to reunite. Even though, we really appreciate the effort by the visa officers but the unfair treatment and some of the accusations against our spouses during interview causes nothing rather than fear and uncomfortable environment anyone can ever imagined. For instance, our spouses are treated like criminals at the hands of some immigration officers. Even sometimes send an enquiry about the status of files that have passed a normal processing time has become nothing but a nightmare for both the sponsors and the principle applicants.

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
@bbccanada,is that all?its very fine,but i think you should add more on how unfairly people we treated in accra,like wrong judgement,file mishadling,long processing time etc.and those who had problems with accra should also explain how they were maltreated,like 5yrs application with no spouse,how she raised the kids alone etc

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
chenny said:
@ bbccanada,is that all?its very fine,but i think you should add more on how unfairly people we treated in accra,like wrong judgement,file mishadling,long processing time etc.and those who had problems with accra should also explain how they were maltreated,like 5yrs application with no spouse,how she raised the kids alone etc
@Chenny, no this is just the beginning i want everyone to be adding a paragraphe until we until we address all our concerns. Please we need more people to help develop this letter by making changes to what i write adding more and more and more. We need a perfect emotional letter that anyone who reads will feel something.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
This a simple work by just copy what i write, modify it and past it back so another person can also do the same until we are satisfy with the final copy.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
quoted from bbccanada:

Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
Dear Mr. Kenney

As proud permanent residents and Canadian citizens, we are coming together as a group to thank you for the wonderful work you have been doing with regards to citizenship and immigration. Moreover, we would like to express our appreciation for what this wonderful country has done for us, our families, and especially our children. We love this country from the bottom of our hearts and we will continue to be part of the growth and history of our country. We want to be productive members of our society in order to make Canada a better place for future generations.

Honorable Jason Kenney, the reason we came together as a group of individuals from different social, economic and educational backgrounds is to express our concerns regarding the way our spouses are being treated at the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana. We have all used family class sponsorship in order to try to reunite with our loved ones. We do appreciate the efforts by the visa officers, but the treatment some of our spouses has received has been unprofessional and unfair. Some of the accusations against our spouses during the interview have caused fear. For instance, our spouses are treated like criminals at the hands of some immigration officers. Even sometimes sending an inquiry about the status of files that have passed the normal processing time has become a nightmare for both the sponsor and the principle applicant.

(I suggest we each add a paragraph or sentence as an example of the poor treatment received.)
We have many examples of unprofessional behavior on the part of the visa officers. For example, during the interview at Accra, the visa office Karen Salloum yelled at my husband, asked him repeatedly why he wanted to marry a fat woman, and threw our application on the floor. She interviewed me as well. She also yelled at me, and asked me repeatedly how I knew my husband wouldn't run away as soon as he got to Canada. She did not record the questions she asked and the answers I gave accurately in the CAIPS notes. As an example of this, I told her that my husband and I wanted to have children, but that if we couldn't have any naturally, then we would adopt. My husband told her the same thing. In the interview notes she did not record my answers adequately, and mentioned nothing about adoption. This was one of the reasons for the refusal of the visa, and was also an issue at appeal, so you can see the importance of recording our answers accurately.

We also have several examples of unconscionable delays in processing. I applied to sponsor my husband in January, 2008. He was interviewed in May, 2009. We then had an appeal hearing in July, 2010. Surely anyone can see that a delay of more than two years before getting a decision is unreasonable.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Like Canadianwoman said, everyone should add a paragraphe to address their issue and since Canadianwoman is the VIP member of this forum i guess we will assign her the task to check the content and polish the final copy. Where is Inlimbo and Fernandes maybe they have some light to thrown out on this thing as well. Please members start adding paragraphes!!!!!!

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.
14/11/12
File Transfer...
14/11/12
Med's Done....
22/06/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 june 2013
LANDED..........
20 june 2013
Hey members! canadianwoman, I ave not heard anything from the accra visa office since my application was sent to accra Ghana on November and my wife is coming to me this april to spend a month wit me here. i want to know if there is something we can do to speed up the process when she arrive in Ghana. Thank u members

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
LEEPOPO said:
Hey members! canadianwoman, I ave not heard anything from the accra visa office since my application was sent to accra Ghana on November and my wife is coming to me this april to spend a month wit me here. i want to know if there is something we can do to speed up the process when she arrive in Ghana. Thank u members
Dear Leepopo,
I understand your wanting the process to speed up. I know that is the case for everyone. I've only just begun myself and my application has only just recently been sent to the Visa office in Accra but already praying for a quick process.

However, one thing that I learned just this past week from a friend who is connected to someone in the CIC office is that every time you call to check on your application they have to pull your file from the "queue" and when they put it back it goes back to the "bottom" of the pile. Now I'm not sure if this is the same system for at the actual Visa office, but I can only imagine.

So my suggestion is...to continue to pray for patience. It states this is an 11 month process and though there are certainly some stories on here that gives hope for a shorter processing time, I think it is best to keep that time span in mind and to not let it burden you in the meantime. Be prepared for the long haul and be thankful and joyful if it is shorter.

All the best to you! I'm happy for you your wife will be coming to visit you shortly. I am counting down the days myself till I go back in May to spend the summer with my husband. So thankful to have that opportunity.

pinkyPee

Jan 30, 2013
bbccanada said:
Hey Guys, we talked about drafting a letter to express our concern but those who promise to write have not done so. Today i spent few minute to draft something that i went everyone to continue adding or changing until we have a complete letter with our the problems we are facing. Here is what i start with:

March 14, 2013

Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
Dear Mr. Kenney

As a proud permanent residents and Canadian citizens, we are coming together as a group writing to thank you for the wonderful work you have been doing with regards to citizenship and immigration Canada. Moreover, we would like to express our appreciation for what this wonderful country has done for us, our families especially our children. We love this country from the bottom of our hearts and we will continue to be part of the growth, history, and productive members of our society in order to make our country a better place for the future generation.

Honorable Jason Kenney, the reason why we came together as a group of individuals from different social, economic and educational background is to express our concern regarding the way our spouses are being treated at the Canadian High Commission in Accra Ghana during family class sponsorship in order to reunite. Even though, we really appreciate the effort by the visa officers but the unfair treatment and some of the accusations against our spouses during interview causes nothing rather than fear and uncomfortable environment anyone can ever imagined. For instance, our spouses are treated like criminals at the hands of some immigration officers. Even sometimes send an enquiry about the status of files that have passed a normal processing time has become nothing but a nightmare for both the sponsors and the principle applicants.

pinkyPee

Jan 30, 2013
I think it's great idea to write a letter to our minister of immigration to let him know about the deplorable way our spouses are being treated by Accra Ghana Immigration officers.