Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
mandiebraxton said:
as you have followed instructions on the letter, you have nothing to worry about. The clinic will send your medical result directly to CIC. So just sit down and relax for our dear AVO to contact you for the next steps.

*Mandie*
Thanks very much, but one more question, could the distance of flying all the way from China to Accra be a reason why they could waive interview? worried of the stress and financial involvement of flying the long distance just for interview? thanks again!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
gapoha said:
Thanks very much, but one more question, could the distance of flying all the way from China to Accra be a reason why they could waive interview? worried of the stress and financial involvement of flying the long distance just for interview? thanks again!
Absolutely not. They will only waive interview if they are satisfied that your marriage is genuine and you provided all information needed. So if you provided all documents needed you may not be contacted for an interview. Note that they can request for additional documents regarding ongoing communication between you two (and if they are not satisfied ask you for an interview). I will say relax your next contact with them will probably be for passport request.

*Mandie*

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
mandiebraxton said:
Absolutely not. They will only waive interview if they are satisfied that your marriage is genuine and you provided all information needed. So if you provided all documents needed you may not be contacted for an interview. Note that they can request for additional documents regarding ongoing communication between you two (and if they are not satisfied ask you for an interview). I will say relax your next contact with them will probably be for passport request.

*Mandie*
Thanks Mandie,
About checking my application status online, all that appears there is '1.We received your application for permanent residence on May 9, 2016. the date our application was received at Mississauga, nothing has been posted since that date. Is there any reason to that or its normal. Also I can only use my Application/case number to check this online but cant get any information when I use the UCI quoted on the sponsor approval letter. Thanks very much for all the information and hope to hear from you.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
gapoha said:
Thanks Mandie,
About checking my application status online, all that appears there is '1.We received your application for permanent residence on May 9, 2016. the date our application was received at Mississauga, nothing has been posted since that date. Is there any reason to that or its normal. Also I can only use my Application/case number to check this online but cant get any information when I use the UCI quoted on the sponsor approval letter. Thanks very much for all the information and hope to hear from you.
You are a May 2016 applicant so the pace is normal. It will take few days for you yo see 'Medical Received' line and the. 'We started processing ...' line. The UCI on sponsor approval letter pertains to the sponsor not PA. You will also get your own UCI (which I think was stated on the medical request letter you received). U use the sponsor UCI and sponsor details to long on ecas to check status of the sponsor side of the application - hope it makes sense.
*Mandie*

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
mandiebraxton said:
You are a May 2016 applicant so the pace is normal. It will take few days for you yo see 'Medical Received' line and the. 'We started processing ...' line. The UCI on sponsor approval letter pertains to the sponsor not PA. You will also get your own UCI (which I think was stated on the medical request letter you received). U use the sponsor UCI and sponsor details to long on ecas to check status of the sponsor side of the application - hope it makes sense.
*Mandie*
Pls Do note that the "Medical Received line" is not always updated(from experience), as long as you did the medical and sent to AVO, just try and relax that they would have it

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
xtreme said:
Pls Do note that the "Medical Received line" is not always updated(from experience), as long as you did the medical and sent to AVO, just try and relax that they would have it
Thanks for that info. The OP needs to relax...he is pretty fresh in the waiting game.
*Mandie*

Blessed2

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 31, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
October 14, 2015
File Transfer...
October 30, 2015
Med's Done....
November 18, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
September 8, 2016
xls said:
If you included a prepaid return envelope in your package, just wait and your passport will come to your doorstep without any notification from DHL or AVO.

Papapsi can explain better.

Note: it's been observed that prepaid happens only in Ghana. Nigerians in most cases get a pick up mail. Most underlined, I never got any pick up. Had to send a mail to AVO after waiting in vain for PUM.
Hello, Just wondering how long you waited before sending an email to AVO for a pick up mail.

Thanks

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Blessed2 said:
Hello, Just wondering how long you waited before sending an email to AVO for a pick up mail.

Thanks
Two weeks from the date of closed and approved and they responded in a week. The response stated that a pick up request has been sent to me the day after date of closed and approved but I got nothing. Checked both my spam and my wife's email, nothing.

If two days after your application is closed and approved and no PUM, please mail AVO.

Lady O

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th sept,2015
AOR Received.
3rd nov,2015
File Transfer...
11th December,2015
Med's Request
Upfront 15th july,2015
Med's Done....
18th july,2016(redone )
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th july,2016, Passport delivered to AVO 27/07/16
VISA ISSUED...
29th August,2016
LANDED..........
September,2016
papapsi said:
As xls said I never got a PUM and that may be because I included a prepaid return envelope as per their instructions. If you're not in Ghana not sure if that will work for you.

Bonne chance!
Ok thanks , I'm actually in Ghana, waiting ,I gave ghana DHL my ghana number and address,. I used the prepaid return envelop. I asked DHL how I wil get d passport back, I was told dt when it is ready DHL accra will call me to come and pick it up. but I'm still wondering, how will DHL know when to go and pick it up from d embassy, does it mean they will jst be going there once in a while to check if it's ready, or will d embassy let them know ?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Lady O said:
Ok thanks , I'm actually in Ghana, waiting ,I gave ghana DHL my ghana number and address,. I used the prepaid return envelop. I asked DHL how I wil get d passport back, I was told dt when it is ready DHL accra will call me to come and pick it up. but I'm still wondering, how will DHL know when to go and pick it up from d embassy, does it mean they will jst be going there once in a while to check if it's ready, or will d embassy let them know ?
Smartest thing....when AVO confirms it's ready for pickup, you send the e-mail to DHL. Congrats on getting to the finish line.
*Mandie*

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
mandiebraxton said:
Smartest thing....when AVO confirms it's ready for pickup, you send the e-mail to DHL. Congrats on getting to the finish line.
*Mandie*
I didn't have to do anything. I reckon DHL has its own pick up cycle. DHL should deliver to you. I'm not sure why you have to go there to pick it up.

It's an issue of waiting which I know from experience isn't easy. Congratulations and we bless God.

Lady O

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th sept,2015
AOR Received.
3rd nov,2015
File Transfer...
11th December,2015
Med's Request
Upfront 15th july,2015
Med's Done....
18th july,2016(redone )
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29th August,2016
LANDED..........
September,2016
mandiebraxton said:
*Mandie*
Thanks a lot Mandie

Lady O

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th sept,2015
AOR Received.
3rd nov,2015
File Transfer...
11th December,2015
Med's Request
Upfront 15th july,2015
Med's Done....
18th july,2016(redone )
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29th August,2016
LANDED..........
September,2016
papapsi said:
I didn't have to do anything. I reckon DHL has its own pick up cycle. DHL should deliver to you. I'm not sure why you have to go there to pick it up.

It's an issue of waiting which I know from experience isn't easy. Congratulations and we bless God.
Ok,real story is. my PPR email came on 18th july, giving me 15days to submit passport,IMM08,IMM5669,height and eye color chat,2passport photos,police clearance for both Nigeria and ghana(I did my bsc. In ghana). So after doing my ghana police clearance I submitted everything via the pre-paid return envelop, which d embassy recommended.
Then when I askd d DHL attendant, how d passport will get bck to me, she said they will contact me wen it gets to deir office. On the other hand, since I'm in ghana already, I decided to wait fr my passport here.

Blessed2

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 31, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
October 14, 2015
File Transfer...
October 30, 2015
Med's Done....
November 18, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
September 8, 2016
xls said:
Two weeks from the date of closed and approved and they responded in a week. The response stated that a pick up request has been sent to me the day after date of closed and approved but I got nothing. Checked both my spam and my wife's email, nothing.

If two days after your application is closed and approved and no PUM, please mail AVO.
Thanks! eCas still says IN PROCESS but got the pre-departure orientation email today.

Lady O

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th sept,2015
AOR Received.
3rd nov,2015
File Transfer...
11th December,2015
Med's Request
Upfront 15th july,2015
Med's Done....
18th july,2016(redone )
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29th August,2016
LANDED..........
September,2016
Blessed2 said:
Thanks! eCas still says IN PROCESS but got the pre-departure orientation email today.
@blessed2, hello dear, we share same ppr date, but gues u submitted bfr me, Pls may I see what the pre-departure orientation email looks like. Thanks a bunch .