Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
Hello all . it is with great joy I share with you all that my wife got her PPR today.
Glory to the Almighty.
I just want to Also understand how people do the Dhl prepaid envelope now.

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
yaozm said:
Hello all . it is with great joy I share with you all that my wife got her PPR today.
Glory to the Almighty.
hi yaozm, was it thesame day they asked for both ur medicals and ppr? I Thought u said you were ask to do remedicals or have you done it.? Congratulations for ur ppr.

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
Hello All, I'm a newbie to this process and wanted to ask couple of questions. We mailed all documents in this week so I know my journey is still very long :). So my questions are:
1. How would I know once my application is transferred to Ghana?
2. What is AVO?
3. When would I be able to get some form of number to track the progress of my application?

Thanks in advance.
Temi

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
TemiA said:
Hello All, I'm a newbie to this process and wanted to ask couple of questions. We mailed all documents in this week so I know my journey is still very long :). So my questions are:
2. What is AVO?
3. When would I be able to get some form of number to track the progress of my application?

Thanks in advance.
Temi

Hello Temi, An email will be sent to you to notify you that your application has been transferred to Accra.
I am not too sure what AVO means.
To track your application, I will need to visit CIC home page on their web site. Use your client ID Number or File Number to track your application.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
TemiA said:
2. What is AVO?

Thanks in advance.
Temi
1&3- after the sponsor has been approved, the file will b transferred to Accra, and the sponsor should get an email from CIC as regards the approval and transfer of file. And the email will include a file number, which u can use to track the progress of your application.
2. AVO Accra Visa Office

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
yaozm said:
Glory to the Almighty.

[Congratulations to you yaozm, It seems you had a double good news today. Your spouse got the news to go for re-medical today, before your she could do that, I guess they decided to just go ahead and give her.... her PPR at once. What a joyous day for you and your wife. Our God is indeed A Mighty God. Congrats once again. The Great God that did yours will do ours. In Jesus Name. Amen]

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
ghanaboy2 said:
They are currently on may and june applicant....with regards to ur application its good u reapplied..actually it saves time than the appeal...hang in there...when additional document is requested let us know so we can also make suggestions...till then all the best

Ok...... thank you for the information

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
Tolexmi said:
1&3- after the sponsor has been approved, the file will b transferred to Accra, and the sponsor should get an email from CIC as regards the approval and transfer of file. And the email will include a file number, which u can use to track the progress of your application.
2. AVO Accra Visa Office
Thank you Tolexmi.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
yaozm said:
Glory to the Almighty.
I'm curious what you meant by they asked for re-medical as your medical was done in May 2015. Congrats on your PPR.
*Mandie*

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
nicolemariemac said:
Hello group,

We finally received correspondence from the AVO today! This is part of the email:

-
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

- Education certificates, including your WAEC

- Copy of current and previous passports’ (if applicable) bio data pages

Forms, instructions and specifications can be found at www.cic.gc.ca

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents as attachments via return email, leaving the subject line the same***

You have 10 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 10 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.
-

I have a few questions regarding this that I am wondering if anyone can offer insight on. My husband is planning to scan and send me his WAEC, but what about other education certificates? He doesn't have them anymore, and we had gone to get copies of attendance registers for two different years from his primary school prior to submitting our application, but ended up not including them. The name differs, as he changed his name after junior secondary school. (On the forms is Abdulai Abdul-Shakur, his dad's first name with his given name, and now goes by Shakur Rashas, his given name with his family last name). I was told my someone not to include this because of the different names - what do you think? They aren't certificates anyways, so I am not sure they are worthwhile to send if they are going to create more confusion. Is the WAEC sufficient?

Second question is regarding the bio data page. Was I misunderstood that Ghana isn't a country that requires biometrics..? I didn't see it included in the list of country names when I completed the application, so he never had that done. I am guessing since they asked for it, however, that was a mistake on my behalf.

We only have 10 days to submit the additional information - I am hoping obtaining this does not take too long.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post, and I appreciate the advice in advance!

- Nicole
Nicole,

Passport biodata page is the photo page with the detailed information of the holder not biometrics. Search Biodata on the CIC website and you will see that. so they are asking for the photo page of all his passports both present and previous.

They are asking for all certificates including WAEC. If you have the WAEC Certificate send that. If you do not have the others add a letter explaining how you lost the certificates and what you are giving them to show that your husband did indeed attend at those institutions, the degree he received etc. I think they also accept official transcripts if you do not have the certificates.

I don't think we get a certificate for elementary school - at least during my time we did not.

All the best.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello house..I am in Ghana to put in my application...someone just told me that it's my sponsor that should apply for me from Canada...my question is, can I apply from Ghana or it's my sponsor that must apply for me from Canada... Secondly, is my sponsor the applicant or myself?

nicolemariemac

Feb 15, 2016
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2015 Remedicals requested 18-04-2016 and completed 20-04-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
@Nyhiraba,

Thank you kindly for your response. I realized through some looking online that the bio data page was just the photo page of his passport, so we sent those for his current and expired passport, as well as the WAEC which he was able to obtain. The AVO said our application will be assessed in 10 days...praying that we will have good news to share soon.

Congratulations to all of those who have received PPR and medical requests. As quoted by someone I read on this thread, "Every life challenge has an expiry date." Good news is ahead for each and every one of us.

- Nicole

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
willyblue said:
Hello house..I am in Ghana to put in my application...someone just told me that it's my sponsor that should apply for me from Canada...my question is, can I apply from Ghana or it's my sponsor that must apply for me from Canada... Secondly, is my sponsor the applicant or myself?
Hi,
The sponsorship process is two parts; the first part is the sponsorship approval which is done in Canada. After that the file is forwarded to a visa for further processing.

Sponsor - Canadian Citizen/PR
Applicant - non Canadian being sponsored

Once you guys have completed the form, the application package is posted tothe Case Processing Centre in Mississauga as per the guide:

Step 4. Submit the Application
Where do I apply?

Mail your completed application in a stamped envelope addressed as shown below:

Affix sufficient postage (top right of the envelope)

Sender (top left of the envelope)
(Your name)
(Your Address)
(Your Postal Code)
Recipient (centre of the envelope)
Sponsorship: (Type of sponsorshipFootnote *)
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6
If you send your application by private courier:

Sponsorship: (type of sponsorshipFootnote *)
Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

I will urge you to read the guide for both sponsor and applicant as well as country specific guide to ensure you have not missed anything else. There's so much people can tell you if you don't read the guides with due diligence.
Guide for sponsor:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Guides for applicant (sponsored person - YOU )
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
Country specific guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3912e.pdf
Please read these before posting your application. All the best.
*Mandie*

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks mandie for ur support..I will read through the guide now..

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Worries Worries Worries...

Today makes it 120 days I submitted my
application for sponsorship and till date no
document request or update from CPC-M and
not that they transfer my file to Accra.
I had called numerous times i was told i don't
have right to make any inquiry till file is
transfered to Accra Ghana, till this time no
SA.
Worries!!!