+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

sha_sha9

Mar 16, 2016
mandiebraxton said:
There is no straight forward answer, however if they need further info, they will contact you sooner than later. It they don't need any info, you won't hear anything until they they are ready to issue the visa -which could be 3-6 (tentatively).
So hang in there...
*Mandie*
Thank you very much Mandie. God bless you

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Firstlady said:
Goodday guys,

It seems Accra thread is not existing because everyone is quiet. Accra plz more good news. @ mamadamama, any news from Accra Vo yet? Because just seeing decision made on the Ecas is not enough. The mail for ppr need to be sent. Let stay positive. My Medicals expired since 9th of february and i have'nt heard anything from Accra whether to redo my medicals or it will be extended. I was only sent a mail to complete the cic survey on the 26th of feb., 2016.

Guys is there any need to contact accra or i should still wait for sometime :'(
I saw your question about what the EKOS CIC is all about on another thread.... :)
That EKOS CIC survey is exactly what it means..it's a survey being conducted by EKOS (a research firm) on behalf of CIC to ascertain how CIC is providing service to its clients. It is voluntary and you are in no way obligated to participate in the survey. And has no bearing on your application whatsoever.
http://www.ekos.com/research/default.asp

*Mandie*

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hello all, I am new here, I'm to know that this platform exist.

My application was denied April 2014, we appealed, but it didn't worked out so we decided to re-apply last year in 2015. My new application was submitted in October 2015 and we got a mail in November 2015 that the application has been received in CIC Accra. Since than we haven't gotten any info. I don't know how long it will take this time. I tried checking the updated processing time online, its not populating.

Can someone advise me on the way forward.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Macworld said:
Hello all, I am new here, I'm to know that this platform exist.

My application was denied April 2014, we appealed, but it didn't worked out so we decided to re-apply last year in 2015. My new application was submitted in October 2015 and we got a mail in November 2015 that the application has been received in CIC Accra. Since than we haven't gotten any info. I don't know how long it will take this time. I tried checking the updated processing time online, its not populating.

Can someone advise me on the way forward.
If you follow the thread, you will realize that there are others who have not heard anything since file was transferred to Accra. In your particular case, there will be more scrutiny because of your previous application. Nothing much you can do than wait. Hope the new application addressed the concerns of the previous one. If you don't mind, why was it denied?
*Mandie*

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016

Can someone with experience please advise me....

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Thank u Mandie for ur response. However, I place my trust on God. My refusal was based on my family tie with my wife, the interviewer didn't believe in our marriage. However, this has been addressed in the new application. I and my wife have a son together who just turned one and he was giving birth in Canada. I guess with dat, they will be convinced.

Please Mandie, what is the updated processing time for Accra presently?

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Macworld said:
Thank u Mandie for ur response. However, I place my trust on God. My refusal was based on my family tie with my wife, the interviewer didn't believe in our marriage. However, this has been addressed in the new application. I and my wife have a son together who just turned one and he was giving birth in Canada. I guess with dat, they will be convinced.

Please Mandie, what is the updated processing time for Accra presently?
They are currently on may and june applicant....with regards to ur application its good u reapplied..actually it saves time than the appeal...hang in there...when additional document is requested let us know so we can also make suggestions...till then all the best

yaozm

Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015.
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
Hello All
I am April Applicant.
They are on June
We did not hear anything till today
They asked my spouse for re medical.
So...
I wish you all the best.
Let Good news Rain on every one.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
yaozm said:
Hello All
I am April Applicant.
They are on June
We did not hear anything till today
They asked my spouse for re medical.
So...
I wish you all the best.
Let Good news Rain on every one.
That is wonderful! You will get PPR in a few days after doing the re-med.
*Mandie*

nicolemariemac

Feb 15, 2016
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2015 Remedicals requested 18-04-2016 and completed 20-04-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
Hello group,

We finally received correspondence from the AVO today! This is part of the email:

-
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

- Education certificates, including your WAEC

- Copy of current and previous passports’ (if applicable) bio data pages

Forms, instructions and specifications can be found at www.cic.gc.ca

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents as attachments via return email, leaving the subject line the same***

You have 10 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 10 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.
-

I have a few questions regarding this that I am wondering if anyone can offer insight on. My husband is planning to scan and send me his WAEC, but what about other education certificates? He doesn't have them anymore, and we had gone to get copies of attendance registers for two different years from his primary school prior to submitting our application, but ended up not including them. The name differs, as he changed his name after junior secondary school. (On the forms is Abdulai Abdul-Shakur, his dad's first name with his given name, and now goes by Shakur Rashas, his given name with his family last name). I was told my someone not to include this because of the different names - what do you think? They aren't certificates anyways, so I am not sure they are worthwhile to send if they are going to create more confusion. Is the WAEC sufficient?

Second question is regarding the bio data page. Was I misunderstood that Ghana isn't a country that requires biometrics..? I didn't see it included in the list of country names when I completed the application, so he never had that done. I am guessing since they asked for it, however, that was a mistake on my behalf.

We only have 10 days to submit the additional information - I am hoping obtaining this does not take too long.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post, and I appreciate the advice in advance!

- Nicole

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Hi Guys ,

I received an email from CIC for remedicals. and it must be done within 30days. I believe is a good sign. Praise God

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Firstlady said:
Hi Guys ,

I received an email from CIC for remedicals. and it must be done within 30days. I believe is a good sign. Praise God
Glad to hear that....a little bit of patience always helps.

*Mandie*

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
mandiebraxton said:
Glad to hear that....a little bit of patience always helps.

*Mandie*
Mandiebraxton Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. You are the second lamour in the house. Thanks :)

andymonroe

Jan 6, 2016
Hi Mandie,
I was wondering if this will be an issue for me after reading the checklist "All school certificates, diplomas and degrees, including apprenticeship or trade papers, for each person aged 22 years old and older."

I only submitted SSCE Certificates, University Certificate and professional Certifications. Would i be required to submit my Junior Secondary Certificates?

Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
andymonroe said:
Hi Mandie,
I was wondering if this will be an issue for me after reading the checklist "All school certificates, diplomas and degrees, including apprenticeship or trade papers, for each person aged 22 years old and older."

I only submitted SSCE Certificates, University Certificate and professional Certifications. Would i be required to submit my Junior Secondary Certificates?

Thanks
I shouldn't think so. Accra typically asks for historical documents when they can't confirm the identity of an applicant - which is an important part of the spousal sponsorship application (a requirement to make the applicant an eligible family member). If they need your BECE certificate they will ask for it.
*Mandie*