03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
willyblue said:
I am not using any representative, should i fill the use of representative form or leave it blank?
But make sure you specify N/A in the checklist where it talks about use of representative

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day greats.

I am really happy to have discovered this forum. Never knew that one exists. I am considering bringing my relatives to Canada in the near future and i have tried reading from their website but seems not to be cleared about certain things. I will really appreciate our responses :

- Can i invite any of my siblings, though we still have our mother alive? I asked this question because i observed that one of the categories to sponsor talks about orphan.

- Must i have the expected total income in my account as at the time that i am applying or just show proof of my income source(s)?

- Can i use this medium to apply for a friend ? I mean bringing a friend to Canada since i am already in Canada.

- Is there a specified time to aim to bring in my relative after landing in Canada?

- Can i adopt a friend or a friends child to bring down to Canada after landing?

- Can i bring in my nieces and nephews?

I am particular about the following :

Who you can sponsor

Depending on your circumstances, there are two options for who you can sponsor.
Option 1 – Orphaned close relatives

You can sponsor close relatives, related by blood or adoption, such as brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren only if they meet all of the following conditions:

They are orphaned,
They are under 18, and
They do not have a spouse, common law partner, or conjugal partner.

Option 2 – Other relative

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:

you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
son or daughter,
parent,
grandparent,
brother or sister,
uncle, aunt,
nephew or niece.
you do not have any of the above-named relatives who is a:
Canadian citizen,
permanent resident, or
registered Indian under the Indian Act.

I will humbly appreciate your responses. Thanks

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

I am really happy to have discovered this forum. Never knew that one exists. I am considering bringing my relatives to Canada in the near future and i have tried reading from their website but seems not to be cleared about certain things. I will really appreciate our responses :

- Can i invite any of my siblings, though we still have our mother alive? I asked this question because i observed that one of the categories to sponsor talks about orphan.

- Must i have the expected total income in my account as at the time that i am applying or just show proof of my income source(s)?

- Can i use this medium to apply for a friend ? I mean bringing a friend to Canada since i am already in Canada.

- Is there a specified time to aim to bring in my relative after landing in Canada?

- Can i adopt a friend or a friends child to bring down to Canada after landing?

- Can i bring in my nieces and nephews?

I am particular about the following :

Who you can sponsor

Depending on your circumstances, there are two options for who you can sponsor.
Option 1 – Orphaned close relatives

You can sponsor close relatives, related by blood or adoption, such as brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren only if they meet all of the following conditions:

They are orphaned,
They are under 18, and
They do not have a spouse, common law partner, or conjugal partner.

Option 2 – Other relative

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:

you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
son or daughter,
parent,
grandparent,
brother or sister,
uncle, aunt,
nephew or niece.
you do not have any of the above-named relatives who is a:
Canadian citizen,
permanent resident, or
registered Indian under the Indian Act.

I will humbly appreciate your responses. Thanks
I think u have answered ur questions already

So u can sponsor ur mum and ur siblings will be her dependents

You can invite ur friend
U can adopt a friends child as well
You do have to show proof of support if the person u sponsoring is not ur spouse

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghanaboy2 said:
I think u have answered ur questions already

So u can sponsor ur mum and ur siblings will be her dependents

You can invite ur friend
U can adopt a friends child as well
You do have to show proof of support if the person u sponsoring is not ur spouse

Thanks for your response.

If i get this comment correctly ; " So u can sponsor ur mum and ur siblings will be her dependents", what you are saying is that i can apply for my mother and then my siblings too can just follow in the application too as PR applicants? Can i apply for just a single sibling and we still have our mother alive and still qualify that way? I read that portion on their website and was a bit confused. It seems to me as if they are saying, you can only bring in the person if he or she is an orphan or not a citizen of Canada or PR holder

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
If ur mum is alive ur siblings can not be YOUR dependent....so they will be ur mother's dependent

Thanks for your response.

If i get this comment correctly ; " So u can sponsor ur mum and ur siblings will be her dependents", what you are saying is that i can apply for my mother and then my siblings too can just follow in the application too as PR applicants? Can i apply for just a single sibling and we still have our mother alive and still qualify that way? I read that portion on their website and was a bit confused. It seems to me as if they are saying, you can only bring in the person if he or she is an orphan or not a citizen of Canada or PR holder

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks a lot for your response. That means that i will include them in the application for sponsorship to bring in my mother. Does this mean that as my mother gets the PR visa, they too will get it too if they want to come to Canada?

If one have both parents late, is that when they can come in under the orphaned category?

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Thanks a lot for your response. That means that i will include them in the application for sponsorship to bring in my mother. Does this mean that as my mother gets the PR visa, they too will get it too if they want to come to Canada?

If one have both parents late, is that when they can come in under the orphaned category?
If they are accompanying ur mother then they will arive as landed too

Yes if ur sibling has both parent late and is not an adult then he can be ur dependent

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghanaboy2 said:
If they are accompanying ur mother then they will arive as landed too

Yes if ur sibling has both parent late and is not an adult then he can be ur dependent

Thanks a lot. Now i have a good knowledge of what to expect.

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Thanks Nhyiraba@. He went to get the vaccination just in case. We don't want any delays!

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
HOUSE, I LANDED SAFELY YESTERDAY , REUNITING WITH MY SPOUSE IS GOD'S GIFT FOR ME THIS EARLY 2016. THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.

LAMOUR, I PERSONALLY WANNA THANK U. YOU ENCOURAGED ME TO TAKE THE LAST STEP I TOOK THAT MADE ME TRIUMPH. YOUR MIRACLE WILL NOT ELUDE YOU

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Kingdomheir You are highly welcome to Canada. This is a goodnews. There is nothing more joyous than to reunite with ones family. I appreciate God for your life. GOD who started with the may applicants thru You will definitely complete all our heart desires. Lamour has taugt me how patience works. Therefore i am not moved because i know i am the next for miracle. This week will bring great and unusual smiles to ur faces. Welcome to a new week. ;) :) :'(

neelzar

Jan 11, 2015
KingdomHeir said:
HOUSE, I LANDED SAFELY YESTERDAY , REUNITING WITH MY SPOUSE IS GOD'S GIFT FOR ME THIS EARLY 2016. THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.

LAMOUR, I PERSONALLY WANNA THANK U. YOU ENCOURAGED ME TO TAKE THE LAST STEP I TOOK THAT MADE ME TRIUMPH. YOUR MIRACLE WILL NOT ELUDE YOU
Hello KingdomHeir,

Congratulations on your landing! God is really wonderful. I wish you and your spouse a wonderful marriage.

I sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Thanks

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
KingdomHeir said:

Welcome kh.....nothing special in it though....enjoy ur first few weeks of mesmerised changes lol...the rest is a nightmare ;D

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
ghanaboy2 said:
Welcome kh.....nothing special in it though....enjoy ur first few weeks of mesmerised changes lol...the rest is a nightmare ;D
why and what makes d rest a nightmare??

freshychichi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL: 04-10-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/10/2016
Big Congrats to folks that receive there PPR and Visa last week. So based on the current applicants we can say that AVO is running on a 10 months processing time so it will be safe that they are processing May and June applicants, well so December applicants should be receiving their Visa sometime in October 2016, if they stay at the current schedule. But my question is when will they speed up the process, i heard that the canadian Government promised to speed up family sponsorship. Any clue on that?