+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

keefaith2

Aug 11, 2015
lamour said:
If your application is complete, I would go ahead and send the application with the current passport. While application is in progress in Mississauga, you can then send the renewed passport copy. Better still, renewing the application before applying is the best. Better to have a complete package
I just learned that i have to get another one because it's now all biometric. Thanks for your advice

toksybeee

May 23, 2015
Hello everyone, I am from Nigeria. I became PR in November 2014 and i graduated from university in Canada in May 2015. However, i got married (court wedding) august 2014 and now I am ready to file for my husband. I just have a few questions, i do not have a steady job yet in Canada, will this affect me being approved as a sponsor? Also the fact that we have only done court wedding, will that affect our application? Please give me advise on some mistakes i should not make and some things that i need to look out for. I am looking forward to beginning this process. My husband and i, have been in long distance relationship for a long time now and we just want to be together and live together. God bless you as take time out to reply .

Angeleyes19

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
09-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015**Ecas changed to "in process" Oct 9,2015**
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
03 02 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest by Gods grace
LANDED..........
Soonest by Gods great grace
Hello Everyone, congrats to all those who have heard good news from AVO. And to those of us still awaiting good news, it is well :D

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
[/td][/tr][/table]
Angeleyes19 said:
Hello Everyone, congrats to all those who have heard good news from AVO. And to those of us still awaiting good news, it is well :D

The wait is killing me. I just applied to GCMS for information on my file in Accra. Fingers crossed and all my hope is in Gods hands.

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
kpalimeyovo said:
I did end up making a GCMS application. If nothing else, it confirmed that my wife's file had arrived in Accra. About the same time that I received the GCMS notes, my wife received a request for additional information from Accra. We responded and then about two weeks later, we received the passport demand. I would recommend ordering GCMS notes if you want peace of mind. They are a bit difficult to interpret, but they still put my mind at ease that our application had not been misplaced.

I followed your post on GCMS and now my mind is at ease. I cant wait to get the information from them on my husbands application. Thank you soo much. I just feel the visa office in Accra is soo stagnant at this time. they updated the processing time line to 16months *sad face* I am still hopeful! But I at least can know where his app is at. Thanks!!!

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toksybeee said:
Hello everyone, I am from Nigeria. I became PR in November 2014 and i graduated from university in Canada in May 2015. However, i got married (court wedding) august 2014 and now I am ready to file for my husband. I just have a few questions, i do not have a steady job yet in Canada, will this affect me being approved as a sponsor? Also the fact that we have only done court wedding, will that affect our application? Please give me advise on some mistakes i should not make and some things that i need to look out for. I am looking forward to beginning this process. My husband and i, have been in long distance relationship for a long time now and we just want to be together and live together. God bless you as take time out to reply .
Welcome to the thread!!! You will get good advice from here i bet you. Being here in Canada you have to have a source of income however small to be eligible for sponsorship not on social assistance. However small the job you have at the moment,you are good to go!
The court wedding you already did is good enough proof of your commitment to each other which will have various pictures of different times,occasions,trips and everything that can testify to the geninueness of the relationship. This will include letters from friends,family religious organisations,evidences of your communications,money transfers e.t.c
Other members on this thread will be able to throw more light to this "journey" you are about to start... God bless you......

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naponga said:
[/td][/tr][/table]

The wait is killing me. I just applied to GCMS for information on my file in Accra. Fingers crossed and all my hope is in Gods hands.
Naponga
welcome to the thread..... just chill and let God finish the good work He has started...... Just go about other things because if you follow the attitude of Accra VOs it might be brutal.....Just a piece of advice though difficult.......
Everything that has a beginning must surely have an end....... It is just the waiting and we all know it well.....
Cheers and God bless you....

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kpalimeyovo said:
Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been on here. I am happy to report that my wife received her passeport demand today. We are ecstatic.

The only complication is that her medical expires mid September, so we need to act quickly.

I have a couple of questions. Do people recommend using DHL? Second, her family has not changed. Do we include a letter just saying that the family situation is the same, or are we required to re-submit IMM008?

For all those who are waiting, I hope this message provides some hope that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks,
Congratulations!!!!! Our God is indeed faithful......

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
toksybeee said:
Welcome to the thread toksybeee
Please take note of everything crucial mentioned. When you take a look at the sponsorship form questionnaire, be ready to give details as to why what is what. Give them as many evidence as possible as regards the genuineness of your marriage.
All the best dear.

inHisowntime

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2015
File Transfer...
March 17, 2015 went "In process" Sept 7, 2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
AVO rec. PP Oct. 9, 2015 & Visa Issued Oct. 19
LANDED..........
Landed Oct 25. Glory be to the Most High
Not sure if any of you guys are aware of this. the processing time for Accra VO (family sponsorship) is now 23 months! what a shame!!!

florisak

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/28/15
AOR Received.
03/22/15
File Transfer...
03/24/15
Med's Done....
12/12/14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/03/15
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/15
LANDED..........
10/04/15
inHisowntime said:
Not sure if any of you guys are aware of this. the processing time for Accra VO (family sponsorship) is now 23 months! what a shame!!!

I just realized that too. What a terrible shame.

inHisowntime

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2015
File Transfer...
March 17, 2015 went "In process" Sept 7, 2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
AVO rec. PP Oct. 9, 2015 & Visa Issued Oct. 19
LANDED..........
Landed Oct 25. Glory be to the Most High
florisak said:
I just realized that too. What a terrible shame.
its just ridiculous! as to why it takes 23months to reunite families is just mind blowing!!!

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
inHisowntime said:
Shame indeed. Seriously. Absolutely insane.

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
This is ridiculous indeed, from 14 months to 16 months and now to 23 months this is unbearable to Africans but the issue is not only Africans but almost all region, may God have mercy. Though the 23 months is for 80% applications. please do not lose hope base on the increase of the processing months, everything will be fine at the end but if you think you cannot wait that long before seeing your spouse, l will advice people that have ties to homeland to apply for visiting Visa after their sponsor approval just to be with their spouse for the main time before their PR Visa.

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
OOOHHH NOOOO! I AM SIMPLY ANNOYED WITH THESE PEOPLE! I thought they were through with their back logs? Very annoying! Anyway, it shall be well!