Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Hello everyone here,it looks like hopes are lost already with applicants finding things to do with their better lives,its a positive thinking though,i will urge u not to give up,if a primary 1 child has the hopes that he someday will complete university and therefore does not relent in schooling,how much less must we with just a stone throw give up on a shaky bird,we surely will get to the bottom of this guy's,am waiting for my passport request now after the approval letter but am more enthusiastic than ever,Amaechi,macus and all good people here waiting for good news,i hope u derive inspirations from my words
VIM VIM VIM
Enjoy ur day guys

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ghanaboy said:
Hello everyone here,it looks like hopes are lost already with applicants finding things to do with their better lives,its a positive thinking though,i will urge u not to give up,if a primary 1 child has the hopes that he someday will complete university and therefore does not relent in schooling,how much less must we with just a stone throw give up on a shaky bird,we surely will get to the bottom of this guy's,am waiting for my passport request now after the approval letter but am more enthusiastic than ever,Amaechi,macus and all good people here waiting for good news,i hope u derive inspirations from my words
VIM VIM VIM
Enjoy ur day guys
Thank you very much Ghanaboy. It seems you read my mind, recently i feel unhappy most times but coming to this forum to derive some encouragement , it seems everywhere is quiet. Sometimes i think cic is causing this backlogs, if only they can issue people with approval letters their visa, people that has done the medicals should be given passport request etc. Then things will keep moving. These snail movement is what i dont understand. We are already entering the end of year for 2014. Hoping to start hearing good news from next week.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Amaechidez said:
Thank you very much Ghanaboy. It seems you read my mind, recently i feel unhappy most times but coming to this forum to derive some encouragement , it seems everywhere is quiet. Sometimes i think cic is causing this backlogs, if only they can issue people with approval letters their visa, people that has done the medicals should be given passport request etc. Then things will keep moving. These snail movement is what i dont understand. We are already entering the end of year for 2014. Hoping to start hearing good news from next week.
Good u come here for inspirations,u will soon hit the mark amaechi,honestly there has been a massive development in our case type of application and am positive u will get a visa before medicals expires

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Congrats to everyone getting their applications approved .. Welcome to Canada the land of snow lol .. It really freezing but y'all will survive .. If you are not here yet try to get some warm clothing .. I got jackets in Accra and am glad I did coz everything seemed so expensive for me for at the beginning untill the first two weeks . I was converting into cedis how much everything cost .but that changed when I got a job and after knowing wages are different . I am dealing with the cold way better than I thought .. For those of u coming make sure your bags are not very heavy when you can ..those of you waiting I pray everything goes smooth for you. All the best guys ..

Obronibini said:
Congrats to everyone getting their applications approved .. Welcome to Canada the land of snow lol .. It really freezing but y'all will survive .. If you are not here yet try to get some warm clothing .. I got jackets in Accra and am glad I did coz everything seemed so expensive for me for at the beginning untill the first two weeks . I was converting into cedis how much everything cost .but that changed when I got a job and after knowing wages are different . I am dealing with the cold way better than I thought .. For those of u coming make sure your bags are not very heavy when you can ..those of you waiting I pray everything goes smooth for you. All the best guys ..
Glad you settled very quickly bro.

sizzle

Apr 24, 2014
Guys Its been long since I came here. I was deported last year march after 5years. Funny enough I had a valid student visa but things turned ugly. I met my hubby 2010 and we married 2012. I put in application last year march. I did medical august and it was received. I was told to pay for cost for removal, arc fee, and also permanent residence fee which I fid

sizzle

Apr 24, 2014
Tho I was pregnant when I did medical but I went back to complete it in January. Since then I didn't hear anything from them. They sent me message on October 23 that my visa was ready to be issued if there has been no change in family configuration. I sent my passport and my daughters so they later told me to do my baby's medical. I did and last week I was told my document was ready for pickup. I have my visa and my daughter's visa with me now with the decision for my arc. So please how long will it take to be interviewed at the port of entry. What do I have to get ready

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
sizzle said:
Tho I was pregnant when I did medical but I went back to complete it in January. Since then I didn't hear anything from them. They sent me message on October 23 that my visa was ready to be issued if there has been no change in family configuration. I sent my passport and my daughters so they later told me to do my baby's medical. I did and last week I was told my document was ready for pickup. I have my visa and my daughter's visa with me now with the decision for my arc. So please how long will it take to be interviewed at the port of entry. What do I have to get ready
Congrats sizzle ,at the port of entry interview is down to those who have been in Canada already but am not sure there's going to be too long interview,it's only going to handing over of permanent residence docs and stuffs
I guess am not far from truth

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ghanaboy you are indeed right, no interview or issues. In your case make sure that you know your husband address and info in Canada, and good luck. Macus my brother where are you?

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi Everyone,

So it has been a month since my sponsorship approval and I know I have to wait another month or 2 before I hear anything. I recently submitted the Right of Permanent Resident fee to hopefully speed things up. They have all our documents, police checks and medicals. We even sent them recent chats, bank statements showing my support to my wife and more pictures etc even though they didn't ask for them. Is that Ok?

My other question is, I had applied for her to come and visit me and our son here for a bit, but she got denied because of her weak ties to Ghana and strong ties to Canada. Do you think this works in our favor when it comes to the immigration application? I mean it's kind of ironic that we got rejected for the visitor for the same reason they should accept us for the permanent resident visa. Or does this hurt us?

Thank you all and congrats to everyone who is being reunited with their loved ones and i pray that all of you get approvals soon.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
MoH1979 said:
Hi Everyone,

So it has been a month since my sponsorship approval and I know I have to wait another month or 2 before I hear anything. I recently submitted the Right of Permanent Resident fee to hopefully speed things up. They have all our documents, police checks and medicals. We even sent them recent chats, bank statements showing my support to my wife and more pictures etc even though they didn't ask for them. Is that Ok?

My other question is, I had applied for her to come and visit me and our son here for a bit, but she got denied because of her weak ties to Ghana and strong ties to Canada. Do you think this works in our favor when it comes to the immigration application? I mean it's kind of ironic that we got rejected for the visitor for the same reason they should accept us for the permanent resident visa. Or does this hurt us?

Thank you all and congrats to everyone who is being reunited with their loved ones and i pray that all of you get approvals soon.
Well since ur application is underway,it could mean that she's desperate to move to Canada and they doubt she might return since her family is there and their problem is what if she doesn't qualify for the family class? Then she's stuck over there too so instead of going and get denied,u could choose to visit other countries like dubai or south Africa or anywhere u think of,i have done similar some time ago visiting different countries,but dnt u worry it's not be used against u,

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Thank you Ghanaboy.

God bless you.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
MoH1979 said:
Thank you Ghanaboy.

God bless you.
You welcome,just wait for the next step from cic,it will be a positive reply,when are u expecting to hear from them anyway

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi Ghanaboy,

Well I got my GCMS notes early November and there was an "Outgoing" section where it says I was approved as a sponsor and there is a due date of December 26 2014..I don't know if that means when I will hear from them or not.

But according to everyone here (I read the forum from page 100 or so) it seems like 5 months from the day you submit if there are no complications. It has been 3 months for me since application filed and I got the sponsorship approval on Oct 27.

So hopefully in a month or 2?