Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
macus said:
Amen! Thank you so much Ghanaboy. I'm happy for you
U know we started our process in 2012,and just today i saw decision made on online status

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yes I know. It has really been a while you started the journey. It feels so good to hear from them with this new development and good news.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Macus my brother welcome back, I am sure that it shall be over soon. I would send email just to ask if they receive your documents. By my calculation, I was expecting them to get back to you by now. Is your officer KR? She or he seems to be working fast because a friend sent documents recently to them. I would advise you to send a quick update email, but it will be over soon. I am going to Nigeria for xmass and my wife will be coming next year.

ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
Interview........
05-2016
Good day everyone. I congratulate everyone who have been successful with Accra. Pls have anyone worked with officer SC00231 or RK in accrav thx

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Obannobi my good friend. Its nice to hear from you again. Hope everyone around you is doing well, and your wife too? The officers name is RK. I already sent an email after the copy of last document I scanned to them, and they sent me an email response that they received it and it will be reviewed. That was about 10days before the deadline date. But its about 20days now after the deadline date and I have not heard anything yet. What do you suggest I do?

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obannobi said:
Macus my brother welcome back, I am sure that it shall be over soon. I would send email just to ask if they receive your documents. By my calculation, I was expecting them to get back to you by now. Is your officer KR? She or he seems to be working fast because a friend sent documents recently to them. I would advise you to send a quick update email, but it will be over soon. I am going to Nigeria for xmass and my wife will be coming next year.
Congrat!!!!
Oba, how do you know the officer is RK or KR, is through the GCMS notes or how?

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
She or he is reasonable.I can see your email coming before 20th, stay strong you are almost there. After 20th then you can send an update email.

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ghanaboy said:
U know we started our process in 2012,and just today i saw decision made on online status
Congrats Ghanaboy. Please i sent you a PM.

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
obannobi said:
She or he is reasonable.I can see your email coming before 20th, stay strong you are almost there. After 20th then you can send an update email.
Amen! Thank you so much Obannobi and have a very wonderful day

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Amaechidez said:
Congrats Ghanaboy. Please i sent you a PM.
I have replied u sir

Ailec

Nov 13, 2014
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to introduce myself and our story

It has been very inspiring to read your posts as I too am trying to work with the office in Accra, although in a bit of a different situation. I am hoping that someone here may have some wonderful words of wisdom for me, or just some support as we wait and wait and wait...

I sponsored my Nigerian husband 9 years ago, although it was not through an African office as he was living in Austria at the time. It was a very positive experience and in December we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

In 2010 my sister-in-law in Nigeria had a baby that she didn't want (yes, we have sad proof of this) and the father disappeared. At that time we applied to sponsor the baby with the intent to complete the adoption in Canada. We were granted guardianship for this purpose. (yes, ferility is an issue for us and is documented)

After a disastrous interview in Accra with my SIL we were told that unless we could provide additional information the application would be denied. Although we sent significant documentation, it was denied anyway. I have since learned that the officer we dealt with has numerous complaints and is known to be unprofessional when interviewing. (yes, we have the interview notes although it took two applications to get them all.)

We were informed that there was no option for appeal and that we must wait two years to reapply. In the following two years we completed all of the adoption requirements for our province, completed the adoption in Nigeria and worked with an immigration consultant to be able to reapply.

In November 2013 we applied for Part 1 of the Citizenhip application for adopted children. This was approved in February 2014 and in May 2014 we submitted all of the required documentation for Part 2. Although we have tracking proof that it arrived May 7, 2014, the online tracking of the file says it arrived June 23. This corresponds to the first contact my our immigration consultant with the office in Accra. In August we applied for the file notes and recieved them, but they don't show anything really being done. At the end of September our consultant sent a letter to the office director (?) asking for processing times for this sort of application as we have been unable to find this information. To date we have had no reply so our consultant has sent another letter. Our file status is IN PROGRESS.

Is there anyone here who has any experience with this process, adoption, or know someone who has? We are now at the one year point since our application was initially sent in.

Our daughter's adoption was approved almost two years ago and she is almost 5 yrs old, waiting for the only mommy and daddy she has ever known. She is safe with another family member, but asks daily about coming to her mommy, daddy and sister. :(

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Ailec said:
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to introduce myself and our story

It has been very inspiring to read your posts as I too am trying to work with the office in Accra, although in a bit of a different situation. I am hoping that someone here may have some wonderful words of wisdom for me, or just some support as we wait and wait and wait...

I sponsored my Nigerian husband 9 years ago, although it was not through an African office as he was living in Austria at the time. It was a very positive experience and in December we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

In 2010 my sister-in-law in Nigeria had a baby that she didn't want (yes, we have sad proof of this) and the father disappeared. At that time we applied to sponsor the baby with the intent to complete the adoption in Canada. We were granted guardianship for this purpose. (yes, ferility is an issue for us and is documented)

After a disastrous interview in Accra with my SIL we were told that unless we could provide additional information the application would be denied. Although we sent significant documentation, it was denied anyway. I have since learned that the officer we dealt with has numerous complaints and is known to be unprofessional when interviewing. (yes, we have the interview notes although it took two applications to get them all.)

We were informed that there was no option for appeal and that we must wait two years to reapply. In the following two years we completed all of the adoption requirements for our province, completed the adoption in Nigeria and worked with an immigration consultant to be able to reapply.

In November 2013 we applied for Part 1 of the Citizenhip application for adopted children. This was approved in February 2014 and in May 2014 we submitted all of the required documentation for Part 2. Although we have tracking proof that it arrived May 7, 2014, the online tracking of the file says it arrived June 23. This corresponds to the first contact my our immigration consultant with the office in Accra. In August we applied for the file notes and recieved them, but they don't show anything really being done. At the end of September our consultant sent a letter to the office director (?) asking for processing times for this sort of application as we have been unable to find this information. To date we have had no reply so our consultant has sent another letter. Our file status is IN PROGRESS.

Is there anyone here who has any experience with this process, adoption, or know someone who has? We are now at the one year point since our application was initially sent in.

Our daughter's adoption was approved almost two years ago and she is almost 5 yrs old, waiting for the only mommy and daddy she has ever known. She is safe with another family member, but asks daily about coming to her mommy, daddy and sister. :(

sorry for the long fight,u will surely get there,everything tha has begining has an end,am not sure any of us here have similar experience but i will urge u to keep calm,when a visa office is silent about ur application,sometimes it looks positive from my own experience,better still u can read more on other forum that talks more about adoption of u can contact ur local mp for help,hope u will continou to press on as u never know the end of the long wait might even be just around the corner,may Jehovah see u through

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
iwodamiorie said:
Congrats Ghanaboy. I am very happy for you... the wait is over now. For those still waiting, keep the prayers going. It will be over before you know it.
thank u iwo,hope u enjoying the winter