+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Hoyenn

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks obannobi,got my request on Aug 26,and d expiry date of my visa s 5days aftr the expiration of my medical results,ur good news s coming very soon

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
That was an excellent time frame for you. Applied in February and everything was over in October. Accra is not doing bad recently. Thank you, I am sure that by the end of this month Accra will send a request

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Obannobi and Ghanaboy. How are you guys doing? Please I have a question. My international passport will expire second week of december this year and I'm still waiting to hear from accra soon. Do you think they would request I get a new one or would the one I have be ok? Congratulations Hoyenn.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
In most cases any embassy will require a new passport because of 6 months validity requirement. In your own case it will not delay your process as long as they issue your visa before the middle of next year. They are aware that you must renew it, and for the fact that all you need is to step into Canada with the old one, they might overlook it. Do I see it as a delay to your already concluded process? No, not at all. Either way you will be leaving as soon as they issue your visa by month end. You will hear from them soonest, you will be fine.

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Thank You so much Obannobi for your prompt response and positive declaration for me. You are indeed such an amazing person and I hope to meet with you someday in person. Your response answers my question and has also lifted my spirit with hope and joy. As you wish me good news and joy from accra this month, so shall good news, joy, favour and happiness be your potion in all your heart desires. Thank you so much once again and have a splendid sunday. Happy Thanksgiving!

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Good day! I hope everyone is well.? I have a question regarding Ghana, how do I know if the file has been sent there and they have received it? On the website where I can check my status under sponsorship application it says decision made and that they sent me a letter regarding this. Under permanent resident application status it says application receive. We have received .......... Application on June 6 2014 medical results have been received. When I got my letter July 31 they said the application has been sent abroad for further processing. When would they have sent it and how do I know if Ghana has it? Thank you so much for any feed back

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
NKT, your file is already in Ghana. As long as you can view your stays online and the fact that you recieved your acknowledgment letter says it all. You should be hearing from Accra before the end of next month.mine was transferred on the 26th of June and they contact me for an additional documents in September, so I guess it takes 4 months at times from Stat depending. Macus , I will be waiting to meet you in Canada soon hopefully, Albert or Calgary would be in your itinerary.Thank you for the Thanksgiving wish, unfortunately, I was in the bush drilling again.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
NKT, just hope that your next change will be decision made in both of your application. As you have not heard anything so far, passport request might be the next email.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
obannobi said:
NKT, just hope that your next change will be decision made in both of your application. As you have not heard anything so far, passport request might be the next email.
[/quote
Obannobi I have not yet got any emails, is that normal?

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not bad at all, but keep up with checking your email and spam folder. I think that you must be close to notification. Was your primary contact email?My primary contact is email.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
obannobi said:
Not bad at all, but keep up with checking your email and spam folder. I think that you must be close to notification. Was your primary contact email?My primary contact is email.
Regarding the email, I think it was yes

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
obannobi said:
Obannobi you are of so much help! Thank you so much. As for my husband will we both receive the same emails?

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
NKT0817 said:
Obannobi you are of so much help! Thank you so much. As for my husband will we both receive the same emails?
Hi Obannobi how do you know the file transfer date? Mine does not show me online anything online, I only have the letter from cic. Do you know why the permant resistant status doesn't say in process? Does it meen they are still not working on it?

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Your file must be in Ghana by the time you recieved your approval letter. From my GMC note, my file was transferred the day they sent out the email. I think you need to relax and keep calm you are closer than 4 months ago.