+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi everyone and welcome to a very new month. A month of good news for us all. Please among the proof I'm sending accra, I was told by someone that the pictures we sent to CIC are not sent along with our files to Accra office, do you think this is true? Because the pictures we sent was almost 200copies of our wedding and outings and receptions pictures and those are all the pictures we had while my wife came January this year. Should we re send the same copies as this doesn't make sense to me and accra did not request for pictures. We have chats, call logs and emails, letters of attestation about genuiness of our marriage from friends and family and also all documents requested. Your advice is really needed. Thanks so much.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
macus said:
Hi everyone and welcome to a very new month. A month of good news for us all. Please among the proof I'm sending accra, I was told by someone that the pictures we sent to CIC are not sent along with our files to Accra office, do you think this is true? Because the pictures we sent was almost 200copies of our wedding and outings and receptions pictures and those are all the pictures we had while my wife came January this year. Should we re send the same copies as this doesn't make sense to me and accra did not request for pictures. We have chats, call logs and emails, letters of attestation about genuiness of our marriage from friends and family and also all documents requested. Your advice is really needed. Thanks so much.
Hi macus, in our gcms notes, the VO made notes regarding our pictures and also my husband also received the pictures back when he went to pick up his passport, so I am sure Accra has your photos. If you have any more photos you can add those, but I wouldn't send the same ones again. I think all your proof sounds good, maybe each of you could write a letter about your relationship to add as well if you didn't do that with the original application. We each included a letter about how we met, how much we love each other and can't wait to be with each other, our future plans etc. If you are willing to live in Ghana should the application be denied, you should explain that and how it will work so that they see you aren't completely reliant on coming to Canada.

All the best and we will keep you in our prayers.

wabson

Sep 1, 2014
I submitted my wife passport to Ghana via DHL on august 13th and was received on the 18th. Does anyone tell me how long it takes to return the passport? Since I used a prepaid return service, are they gonna update me when it's sent out? Or I should keep tracking it? Thank you all

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
wabson said:
I submitted my wife passport to Ghana via DHL on august 13th and was received on the 18th. Does anyone tell me how long it takes to return the passport? Since I used a prepaid return service, are they gonna update me when it's sent out? Or I should keep tracking it? Thank you all
You should expect a notification by the close of this week or better still early next week

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings, please i have a question and will appreciate it if anyone can answer my question;

My wife as a live-in caregiver in canada has her PR being processed concurrently with our own while we are now in Nigeria.
Our files has ben forwarded to accra on August 1,2014 and according to cic canada ,accra will be contacting us here in Nigeria
for medical request but until now we have not heard from accra. I read from some forum that they may be doing background checks now
which i dont know how long that will take? any idea ?

We have contacted cic canada informing them that accra has not contacted us but they said that our files has since been transfered to accra
and we should contact accra for any request or questions. We have written accra , still waiting for a reply. Anybody knows how long it takes
before they could reply an email?

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Amaechidez said:
Greetings, please i have a question and will appreciate it if anyone can answer my question;

My wife as a live-in caregiver in canada has her PR being processed concurrently with our own while we are now in Nigeria.
Our files has ben forwarded to accra on August 1,2014 and according to cic canada ,accra will be contacting us here in Nigeria
for medical request but until now we have not heard from accra. I read from some forum that they may be doing background checks now
which i dont know how long that will take? any idea ?

We have contacted cic canada informing them that accra has not contacted us but they said that our files has since been transfered to accra
and we should contact accra for any request or questions. We have written accra , still waiting for a reply. Anybody knows how long it takes
before they could reply an email?
When did u send ur application

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ghanaboy said:
When did u send ur application
my wife sent the application this April,2014 and got her owp in July then AIP in August,1 and the same day our dependant in Philippines received his MR which he has already done. so we are all waiting for my own MR from accra since am now in Nigeria before cic can finalize the PR .

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Amaechidez said:
my wife sent the application this April,2014 and got her owp in July then AIP in August,1 and the same day our dependant in Philippines received his MR which he has already done. so we are all waiting for my own MR from accra since am now in Nigeria before cic can finalize the PR .
Ok the processing time is within 36 months so i will encourage u to be patient,live in has lots of backlogs but i trust it will be soon so pls be patient ok

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
wabson said:
I think they sometimes update you when it is sent out and sometimes they don't. We have seen a lot of people who received a "your passport is ready for pickup" e-mail, but I am not sure if they sent a return envelope or not. As for us - my husband sent a return envelope as well and never heard anything else from Accra. We just seen one day that the return package had been activated so then he called DHL to confirm and went to go pick it up. Keep checking your e-mail just in case but also keep checking the return tracking number. You should get some good news soon :)

wabson

Sep 1, 2014
Obronibini said:
I think they sometimes update you when it is sent out and sometimes they don't. We have seen a lot of people who received a "your passport is ready for pickup" e-mail, but I am not sure if they sent a return envelope or not. As for us - my husband sent a return envelope as well and never heard anything else from Accra. We just seen one day that the return package had been activated so then he called DHL to confirm and went to go pick it up. Keep checking your e-mail just in case but also keep checking the return tracking number. You should get some good news soon :)
Thank you for your contribution. :D

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hi everyone,
please I got an email from Accra requesting extra documents from me.I have not heard of the request and not sure why they should request such

They need
1.Your sponsors personal information form
2.your sponsors immigration and refugee board reasons and decisions

obannobi said:
Hi everyone,
please I got an email from Accra requesting extra documents from me.I have not heard of the request and not sure why they should request such

They need
obannobi said:
Hi everyone,

They need
That's not new, I have seen some people in the forum receive the same request. If your spouse filed refuge claim then they most likely will ask. Just submit the information and you will be fine.

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Obannobi, I received the same request last week from accra and we are putting the documents together to send to them. Did they ask for proof of your marriage and progression of your relationship? When did you file in your application? Do you have any kids together with your spouse? Ask your sponsor to get the forms to you and send them as they request. I believe all will be well. Did they give you a deadline date to submit what they requested? Don't panic. Just pull yourself together and get them the documents they request. Have a nice day.