+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Thank God my brother you were really a Gid sent to me love to the wife pls can you tell me all what happened at the airport there we are supposed to leave on sat but our flight has been extended to 14 th also did you have to do a Covid test
Thank you, Ebonychic, she will get it.
I didn't do a covid test. [Note that covid test is determined by your destination country & the airline you are travelling with. So check with your airline to know if it's required. Canada does not require a covid test].

About two & a half hours before we landed in Toronto, Canada, we were all given 3 forms (1. Health form 2. Quarantine form 3. Custom form) to fill as required by the Canadian government, & we submitted these forms to different officers in the airport.

When we landed, we were asked to come out of the plane in batches of 60 persons at every 5 mins due to covid, so as to limit the crowd within the airport.

A border officer asked me to show my visa & CPR, & she was quite friendly. Satisfied, she asked me to fill the required information on the CPR, and guided me through the process.

Then, she confirmed my address, how long I'll stay there & then told me that my PR card will be sent there in 2 or 3 months time, & that I should be around when it arrives.

This whole process was quite short as it took like 30mins coz of queue & waiting times. After that, I was cleared to leave & join my connecting flight to my destination province.

The Airport is very big & knowing your way around can be really exhausting. What helped me was asking questions, otherwise I would not have been able to even know my terminal for my last connecting flight, & maybe find my way out sef. But it was not difficult to get to those officers that will clear you to enter Canada.

An advice on your letter is to allow enough time between your arrival & your last connecting flight coz all these process will be done in your first landing airport in Canada, & sometimes the queue & waiting time may be quite long.

Okpure

Jul 5, 2019
Thanks Okpure.
Departure: Nigeria
Airline: Ethiopian
Covid-19 test: No [Not a requirement by Airline & Canada]
Thank you Prex 19. Did you get authorization letter from IRCC? Or you just travelled with your valid visa, medical & COPR

Reactions: Dziggy

Dziggy

Oct 6, 2020
Hi guys, hope we are all doing great.
I want to inform you guys that I have safely arrived Canada. In fact, I landed yesterday, & it feels so good to be finally reunited with my wife.
Congratulations! How was your landing? Pls give update about how your journey was like? Did you do covid test before boarding your flight? Pls what is required when you land.

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Congratulations! How was your landing? Pls give update about how your journey was like? Did you do covid test before boarding your flight? Pls what is required when you land.
Thank you so much, Dziggy. Guessed you've seen that already in my reply to Ebonychic.

Dziggy

Oct 6, 2020
Thank you, Ebonychic, she will get it.
I didn't do a covid test. [Note that covid test is determined by your destination country & the airline you are travelling with. So check with your airline to know if it's required. Canada does not require a covid test].

About two & a half hours before we landed in Toronto, Canada, we were all given 3 forms (1. Health form 2. Quarantine form 3. Custom form) to fill as required by the Canadian government, & we submitted these forms to different officers in the airport.

When we landed, we were asked to come out of the plane in batches of 60 persons at every 5 mins due to covid, so as to limit the crowd within the airport.

A border officer asked me to show my visa & CPR, & she was quite friendly. Satisfied, she asked me to fill the required information on the CPR, and guided me through the process.

Then, she confirmed my address, how long I'll stay there & then told me that my PR card will be sent there in 2 or 3 months time, & that I should be around when it arrives.

This whole process was quite short as it took like 30mins coz of queue & waiting times. After that, I was cleared to leave & join my connecting flight to my destination province.

The Airport is very big & knowing your way around can be really exhausting. What helped me was asking questions, otherwise I would not have been able to even know my terminal for my last connecting flight, & maybe find my way out sef. But it was not difficult to get to those officers that will clear you to enter Canada.

An advice on your letter is to allow enough time between your arrival & your last connecting flight coz all these process will be done in your first landing airport in Canada, & sometimes the queue & waiting time may be quite long.
Hello, what is CPR pls