+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Congrats, really glad to hear the news. I can understand how difficult it is being away from family and this certainly gives a ray of hope.
My file is also in NDVO. I have also applied for TRV online but no news of it. How can we upload medicals for TRV online?

Again, wish you get the PPR soon and you can reunite with your family at the earliest.

Best wishes!
If you have done medical for PR. Just raise a webform and tell you have already done medical for PR and attach the proof. That will suffice. At least in my case that worked.

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Today got a message in my account for Invitation of Pre-Arrival Service
Hopefully, NDVO has woken up from their sleep and working on the pending application.
Same here, just a few hours ago I got my Pre-approval services email.
Anyone here experienced, who could share that approx how long it took them from this stage (pre-approval) to Passport request (PPR)?

All calculations are running together in my mind :)

Regards
Anish
Medical requested: April 13, 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed: April 14, 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi April 14, 2021 (mentioned in the same pdf of Sponsorship evaluation)
Medical test we completed :April 16, 2021 @delhi
File is in Visa office Delhi, NDVO
Received invitation for Pre-arrival: 28 July 2021

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Anyone here experienced, who could share that approx how long it took them from this stage (pre-approval) to Passport request (PPR)?

Regards
Anish
File sent to VAC Delhi April 14, 2021 (mentioned in the same pdf of Sponsorship evaluation)

Check your ECAS status. Does it say decision made under primary applicant? If yes, you can expect some news sooner than later. At least that's what I read everywhere

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Check your ECAS status. Does it say decision made under primary applicant? If yes, you can expect some news sooner than later. At least that's what I read everywhere
Yes, I just checked. PR Application status currently is 'Decision Made'.

Btw a friend just confirmed that last wk his application status was Decision made, and now again it is 'In progress'.
God knows why it goes back and forth.

Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: pnkumar

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Yes, I just checked. PR Application status currently is 'Decision Made'.

Btw a friend just confirmed that last wk his application status was Decision made, and now again it is 'In progress'.
God knows why it goes back and forth.

Fingers crossed :)
Some thread I read says that pre-arrival mail is sent when primary candidate is eligible. After this background check begins. Probably for child there is none so the decision comes fast. But in case of spouse it will take time. This is what I learnt after all the research from morning.

Reactions: ANISH K

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hel

Regards
Anish
Hi All,

I too got Pre-Arrival Services letter today. How much longer for PPR? Is that the final step?

Reactions: cecict and pnkumar

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
Happy to say that our daughter is arriving in Canada later today! What a long process!

Some reflections on getting an unaccompanied minor (16 years old, in this case) onto an airplane for the trip to Canada:

1) Be prepared for a lot of questions about why the minor is leaving the country alone. In the Philippines, where our daughter lived until today, that requires a letter from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). Dependent children are exempt from the requirement for travel authorization from DSWD, but you still need to send copies of the COPR and VISA in order to get a letter from DSWD that will allow the child to leave the country alone.

2) We never would have imagined, but upon check-in at the airport AND upon boarding, our daughter was asked for her mother's passport, PR card, and a photo ID with an address on it (I guess to prove that she had family in Canada). So make sure your unaccompanied child has clear copies of those before going to the airport.

3) Make sure that the Covid test swab is taken within 72 hours of the departure time of the flight to Canada. For example, if the test is performed 60 hours prior to leaving the home country, and the first flight plus the layover is 15 hours, then the Covid test will have been taken more than 72 hours before the flight to Canada, making it invalid. Also, remember that the swab has to be taken within 72 hours, not the results.

4) Unaccompanied minors are not required to stay in a quarantine hotel. The check-in agent in the Philippines said they wouldn't give our daughter a boarding pass until we had a reservation, even though we told him it wasn't required. He finally relented and while my daughter was in the air, I called and got confirmation that unaccompanied children under 18 years old do not require a quarantine hotel.

It's been quite stressful, and probably there will be some more stress when she lands this afternoon, but we are almost there and it's such a relief! Soon, we can stop worrying and start being happy!

Reactions: Kothai and pnkumar

Ninja11

Sep 27, 2016
Received email for Pre-Arrival Services today. ECAS status shows - Decision Made.

Dependent Child Sponsorship
Application Received: November 9, 2020
AOR1: January 26, 2021
Medical requested : April 8, 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed : April 9, 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi : April 9, 2021
Medical completed : April 17, 2021
Medical Passed: April 20,2021
Pre-arrival services Letter: July 29, 2021

Reactions: pnkumar and cecict

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Happy to say that our daughter is arriving in Canada later today! What a long process!

Some reflections on getting an unaccompanied minor (16 years old, in this case) onto an airplane for the trip to Canada:

1) Be prepared for a lot of questions about why the minor is leaving the country alone. In the Philippines, where our daughter lived until today, that requires a letter from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). Dependent children are exempt from the requirement for travel authorization from DSWD, but you still need to send copies of the COPR and VISA in order to get a letter from DSWD that will allow the child to leave the country alone.

2) We never would have imagined, but upon check-in at the airport AND upon boarding, our daughter was asked for her mother's passport, PR card, and a photo ID with an address on it (I guess to prove that she had family in Canada). So make sure your unaccompanied child has clear copies of those before going to the airport.

3) Make sure that the Covid test swab is taken within 72 hours of the departure time of the flight to Canada. For example, if the test is performed 60 hours prior to leaving the home country, and the first flight plus the layover is 15 hours, then the Covid test will have been taken more than 72 hours before the flight to Canada, making it invalid. Also, remember that the swab has to be taken within 72 hours, not the results.

4) Unaccompanied minors are not required to stay in a quarantine hotel. The check-in agent in the Philippines said they wouldn't give our daughter a boarding pass until we had a reservation, even though we told him it wasn't required. He finally relented and while my daughter was in the air, I called and got confirmation that unaccompanied children under 18 years old do not require a quarantine hotel.

It's been quite stressful, and probably there will be some more stress when she lands this afternoon, but we are almost there and it's such a relief! Soon, we can stop worrying and start being happy!
Congratulation... All the stress was worth having her here.

Reactions: OrangeBunny

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

Congratulations, really happy for you. Hope your daughter reached Canada safely and she is doing well. Take care.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
You are right. A week before, I contacted them with a detailed webform on hardship had to face without family and reminding them it has been almost a year. Not sure if that webform had an impact or they just resume their work. In any case, happy to see some updates. In ECAS for my child it says "Decision Made"

So really hoping to hear some good news soon.
Hey congrats Buddy. I am in exactly the same boat as yours. I also sent them a strong Web form for the hardship that I am facing for the last 1.5 years away from family. BTW.. what is your AOR Date ?