+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
We got the PPR for our daughter already and the VFS Global processing centre received the passport today. Any idea how long VFS Global takes to process the passport? This centre is in Cebu, Philippines.

I'm terrified to talk about my reason for asking: our daughter's passport expires at the end of January, 2022. That means that the traditional 6-month validity for travel on her passport is at the end of July. So if VFS Global takes more than a week to get the passport returned, then we are in real trouble of not being able to get her on a plane before her 6-month validity becomes 5 months plus 29 days!

If we stop to renew her passport now, the visa won't be valid by the time we get her new passport. It's a real nail-biting experience!
Are you worried because renewing passport will take more than or close to a year? To me it looks like you should be able to travel after you get the visa, and come over to canada and get her passport renewed from within canada, i personally dont see this as a big problem, but i would still suggest you cross check with an expert.

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
Hi There,

My kids medical was cleared on April 6, 2021 and I received an "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" on June 17, 2021 and nothing afterwards.
Did you also receive any such invitation from IRCC? And if you can provide me an idea on what i should expect next, is it the passport request or something else? thanks !!!
Hi!

We actually received a request for more information from IRCC on our daughter's application on April 29th, and then, oddly, received the Pre-arrival email on the 30th, well before we were able to provide the additional information (that took a week or two). We didn't hear anything back at all until we got the PPR on June 17th.

So I would say it's a very good sign that you got the Pre-arrival letter, but it will take 1-2 months more until you get the PPR.

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
Are you worried because renewing passport will take more than or close to a year? To me it looks like you should be able to travel after you get the visa, and come over to canada and get her passport renewed from within canada, i personally dont see this as a big problem, but i would still suggest you cross check with an expert.
Hi!

Yes, "Plan A", as it were, is to get our daughter into Canada before the 6-month's left of validity on her passport is reached, and then she can renew when she gets here. If that goes well, I agree that it's not a problem.

The issue comes if VFS Global takes too long to return the passport with the visa. If she arrives at the airport with less than 6 months validity on her passport, I have concerns that officials at the airport or the airline itself will not allow her to board the plane.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi There,

My kids medical was cleared on April 6, 2021 and I received an "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" on June 17, 2021 and nothing afterwards.
Did you also receive any such invitation from IRCC? And if you can provide me an idea on what i should expect next, is it the passport request or something else? thanks !!!
This means application is approved. Next step is DM/PPR.
Which Visa office your application is transferred to ?

My AOR date is Oct 14, 2020 and status is In Process in ECAS

Reactions: msb

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi!

Yes, "Plan A", as it were, is to get our daughter into Canada before the 6-month's left of validity on her passport is reached, and then she can renew when she gets here. If that goes well, I agree that it's not a problem.

The issue comes if VFS Global takes too long to return the passport with the visa. If she arrives at the airport with less than 6 months validity on her passport, I have concerns that officials at the airport or the airline itself will not allow her to board the plane.
I think its a recommendation that you should not travel if the passport is to be expired within 6 months, but its not a hard and fast "NO" if there is still (lets say) 5 months left. If you are able to explain it to the official, I don't think they would deny you an entry to Canada.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
This means application is approved. Next step is DM/PPR.
Which Visa office your application is transferred to ?

My AOR date is Oct 14, 2020 and status is In Process in ECAS
I think its "Sydney, NS, Canada". This is an inland application, and I am not sure where i can go and check the Visa Office, my application is allocated to. But i have receiving the communications from Sydney office so far.

Reactions: msb and cecict

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok... Thank you for reply. I am also thinking of applying both for sponsorship and trv at the same time. And i will go to canada after a month. Or do i have to be in canada before even i apply for sponsorship?
You must remain in Canada to sponsor your child not just apply while in Canada. Are you still working one month on and one month off?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think its a recommendation that you should not travel if the passport is to be expired within 6 months, but its not a hard and fast "NO" if there is still (lets say) 5 months left. If you are able to explain it to the official, I don't think they would deny you an entry to Canada.

Hi!

Canada doesn’t have a 6 month rule.

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
You must remain in Canada to sponsor your child not just apply while in Canada. Are you still working one month on and one month off?
Yeah... I am looking for a job in Canada presently. So i am just applying the trv for my daughter now. I am thinking that me and my wife can apply for the sponsorship inland if we are granted trv. And upto that time maybe i can get a job in canada too. Can you give me some info about trv. Or anyone who has applied trv for a child recently in covid times.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I think its "Sydney, NS, Canada". This is an inland application, and I am not sure where i can go and check the Visa Office, my application is allocated to. But i have receiving the communications from Sydney office so far.
Mine is also inland application...originally it was Sydney, NS...then it was sent to Beijing VO, maybe because of load sharing.....

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Kindly let me know if you applied for the trv recently during covid times. Can you please share the details like the reason for visit and letter of explanation.

Thanks a lot
I applied on Nov 13, 2020.

Reason for visit - Family REUNIFICATION

Letter of Explanation- I explained my personal situation and why I want TRV before PR or Sponsorship. Tell them that Sponsorship takes ages so I want to call my kid asap which is only possible thru TRV.

Also while applying online select the option of COVID in purpose of visit..I heard they expedite it.

Let me know if you need more information.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
I am in Canada and I had applied for my 2 year old son (who is in India) for Dependent Child Sponsorship;
Since Mid April I had completed and submitted medical report, and received a pdf copy which says ''File sent to VAC Delhi ''

Today through Webform query, I got reply that "file is still currently located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi "
So no movement in last 2 months. Is there a way to contact VO Delhi? ,,, because to emails they are not responding,

These are the below contact details I have, so far no luck, but in case if anyone has other contact details, then request you to kindly share.
DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca, Phone: 4178 2000

Thank you.

--
Dependent Child Sponsorship;
Application Received: March 12, 2021
AOR1: March 24, 2021
Medical requested : April 13, 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed : April 14, 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi : April 14, 2021 (mentioned in the same pdf of Sponsorship evaluation)
Medical test we completed : April 16, 2021 @delhi
Buddy I am in the same boat.

My daughter's medical was passes on 21 March 2021 file moved to NDVO but no update after that. still shows in process at Delhi Office

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
I applied on Nov 13, 2020.

Reason for visit - Family REUNIFICATION

Letter of Explanation- I explained my personal situation and why I want TRV before PR or Sponsorship. Tell them that Sponsorship takes ages so I want to call my kid asap which is only possible thru TRV.

Also while applying online select the option of COVID in purpose of visit..I heard they expedite it.

Let me know if you need more information.
Thank you. I will ask when i need more info.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah... I am looking for a job in Canada presently. So i am just applying the trv for my daughter now. I am thinking that me and my wife can apply for the sponsorship inland if we are granted trv. And upto that time maybe i can get a job in canada too. Can you give me some info about trv. Or anyone who has applied trv for a child recently in covid times.
Child sponsorship is always outland but you can process outland applications while in Canada.