+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
When you register for GC key I realized it couldn’t go through at first for I said number of people in the application was 1 meaning my son but I read somewhere to include the sponsor so enter 2 instead of one and see how it goes
As for the online tool where you follow instructions for checking your application status i use my name and last and my UCI from when I was still PR then I see two sections one for me sponsor and one for my son on the other side
GC key is more detailed for me.
Yes, You have to say 2 people in that application because there are two applications submitted in the package... one for you as a sponsor and one for your son as a main/ principal applicant.
When you link, please use information of your son such as name, place of birth (same as written on her passport), dob, UCI etc, and you will be able to link the application with your GCkey account. If you still face problem then call IRCC and have agent with you on the phone and he will provide you the information exactly what is fed on the backend and you will be able to link then.

2nd part, when you check the status, use your son (principal applicant) information such as uci, first and last name and DOB, to check the application status.

Stay in touch and please update us with any update you receive from IRCC!!
thanks and Good luck :)

Last edited:

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
That is so fast
We arent so lucky with the Mexico VO
All latin america goes thru them. My daughter is dominican
Our app is similar in dates than yours, medicals were submitted about 2 weeks ago.
I wish i could get guidance on how to see her online, i havent used our online access since my husband
Visa office London is among the busiest, I suppose!
It was written in the letter (AOR 2) from VOL, that for adult applicant wait until 6 months and if you don't hear anything after 6 months then contact us.. but single minor applicant its 3 months, because they don't have to go through Biometrics, criminality and background... Only their eligibility needs to be determined.
Now, in my case perhaps its bit faster because my son's eligibility was recently determined when I became Permanent resident and his medical was due with me as well.. So these are the 2 major things which are assessed for minors... there is no criminality or biometric or background check etc for them!!!

Therefore, Please rest assured as its only your minor daughter, you will also hear something very soon!!!

Could you please share the timeline and province you applied from?

Thanks

Reactions: msb

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi I had given medical test for my dependant child on May 29th. How will I know if the medicals was received by IRCC, will I get an email? The hospital told me that it will be uploaded in 5 working days.

Reactions: msb and tayrg

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi I had given medical test for my dependant child on May 29th. How will I know if the medicals was received by IRCC, will I get an email? The hospital told me that it will be uploaded in 5 working days.
Hospital submit/ transmit the results to IRCC within 5 days, but it take somewhere from 1-4 weeks to have the results updated to your GCkey account online.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
To access your application online, Please link it with your CIC account on the following link: (remove gaps in the first section of the link)
https : // www. canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
thank you!
I finally figured out how to link it, i was putting married in marital status, forgetting she is the applicant, not me!

her app was sent in april, sydney aor 1 received and SA approved.
Medical were requested may 19
I see the update now online showing as Passed since June 2nd

downside is, the main cic page say they are still finalizing the AUGUST 2019 for the country she originates. Makes me wonder why they ask for medical so early on. Must be part of a certain process order. Hope normal cases are still being processed within normal times.

anyone else with Dominican Republic dependant or Latin America?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmannana

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Visa office London is among the busiest, I suppose!
It was written in the letter (AOR 2) from VOL, that for adult applicant wait until 6 months and if you don't hear anything after 6 months then contact us.. but single minor applicant its 3 months, because they don't have to go through Biometrics, criminality and background... Only their eligibility needs to be determined.
Now, in my case perhaps its bit faster because my son's eligibility was recently determined when I became Permanent resident and his medical was due with me as well.. So these are the 2 major things which are assessed for minors... there is no criminality or biometric or background check etc for them!!!

Therefore, Please rest assured as its only your minor daughter, you will also hear something very soon!!!

Could you please share the timeline and province you applied from?

Thanks
Trust me dominicans dont have it as easy as the Londonians
App for adult was avg of 12 mths
Took my husband 10 mths when he applied in 2016.

they say its 24 mths now! Due to covid :(

App received April 8 in Sydney NS
Aor 1 April 24
SA approved May 19
Biometrics/medical requested May 18-19 (bio arent needed) submitted medical May 28
Province will be NB Canada
Outland dependant
Last update online show Medical Passed June 2nd

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Trust me dominicans dont have it as easy as the Londonians
App for adult was avg of 12 mths
Took my husband 10 mths when he applied in 2016.

they say its 24 mths now! Due to covid :(

App received April 8 in Sydney NS
Aor 1 April 24
SA approved May 19
Biometrics/medical requested May 18-19 (bio arent needed) submitted medical May 28
Province will be NB Canada
Outland dependant
Last update online show Medical Passed June 2nd
Just an update
Apparently we dont know where our daughters file will be transferred to, VO wise
Someone got their SA earlier last week and were told it will be gone to Dakar Senegal. Apparently mexico, our main VO, is busy
I got our SA may 19 and we compared.
Mine says the same line minus the location.
Your file will be transferred to a vo for further processing where as the other lady her file says for further processing in Dakar

i even heard some are in China!
What a mess!
I sent them a msg in ecas in hopes they tell us where the heck our file is, we should have a right to know that...

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
When you register for GC key I realized it couldn’t go through at first for I said number of people in the application was 1 meaning my son but I read somewhere to include the sponsor so enter 2 instead of one and see how it goes
As for the online tool where you follow instructions for checking your application status i use my name and last and my UCI from when I was still PR then I see two sections one for me sponsor and one for my son on the other side
GC key is more detailed for me.
My son did his medical almost one month ago, no update on it yet!!! Called CIC, they said that it has not been uploaded yet. Called doctor's office, they say they have uploaded 2 days after the medical done. I am in the air!!!

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
My son did his medical almost one month ago, no update on it yet!!! Called CIC, they said that it has not been uploaded yet. Called doctor's office, they say they have uploaded 2 days after the medical done. I am in the air!!!
Hey, I had sort of a similar situation when I figured out the doctor's office didn't really do it.
I pressed them for written confirmation or filing a complaint with CIC, at which point they submitted and confirmed back on email. As soon as they did it, CIC hardly took a day to just update on file.

So please double check once!

SirK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I think I have a complex case.

My wife filed for me and I landed 2020.

My daughter from a previous relationship was on the application but as a non accompany.

She filed for her this Feb because I read I need to have been in Canada for 4 years before I can fill for her myself, although I had not filled my CRA tax then so I had no financial docs to support me filing for her.

I did not co sign also but docs with my name are in the application.

We got AOR 1 in April but SA and Medical request seems over due now.

I have read cases where people are still waiting a whole year after getting AOR 1.

Please advice.

Last edited:

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
Hello,

Me and my wife moved to Canada in Dec 2019 as PR. I am working overseas for oil and gas industry one month on and off. When my wife got pregnant i sent her to India to our family so she won't feel alone. The plan was to travel to Canada before delivery. But at the last moment our flight was cancelled and we were also scared as this is our first baby so we decided to deliver in india. My daughter is one month old now and i have already applied for her indian passport which i will get in few days.

Now my question is should i go for sponsorship of my daughter? Or apply for trv for my daughter and then apply for pr when in canada. What will be the processing time in each scenario? Kindly help me. If there is anyone with my circumstances that will also help.

Thanks in advance.

I also now want to leave my job and settle permanently with my family in canada.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
you will get a message from IRCC and the application status will reflect Medical Passed within a day or two after IRCC receives the medical results.

Normally these clinics take longer time to upload the results. My clinic told me that they upload the same day, but they did it after two weeks. but IRCC is quick enough to reflect it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
you will get a message from IRCC and the application status will reflect Medical Passed within a day or two after IRCC receives the medical results.

Normally these clinics take longer time to upload the results. My clinic told me that they upload the same day, but they did it after two weeks. but IRCC is quick enough to reflect it.
There have been longer delays lately in ircc approving the meds files after uploaded. Seems just backlogged and limited number of medical officers.

In other words do not be surprised if there is a delay of 2-6 weeks .

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
Hello, folks!
We received our daughter's PPR today! That's the good news!

The less good news is that I'm having a tough time understanding the logistics of the next steps. I know what needs to be done, but it's not clear how to do it. The letter we received said to go to https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and then I click on the flag for the Philippines (where our daughter lives), but then I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. There are no clear instructions on how or where to send the passport. One of the services they offer is "2 way courier", which seems to be what we want, but the link for the fees (and I assume further instructions) just hangs and doesn't load properly, from my computer or my phone (https://visa.vfsglobal.com/phl/en/can/apply-visa).

If anyone can offer some assistance, I would be very grateful!

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hello,

Me and my wife moved to Canada in Dec 2019 as PR. I am working overseas for oil and gas industry one month on and off. When my wife got pregnant i sent her to India to our family so she won't feel alone. The plan was to travel to Canada before delivery. But at the last moment our flight was cancelled and we were also scared as this is our first baby so we decided to deliver in india. My daughter is one month old now and i have already applied for her indian passport which i will get in few days.

Now my question is should i go for sponsorship of my daughter? Or apply for trv for my daughter and then apply for pr when in canada. What will be the processing time in each scenario? Kindly help me. If there is anyone with my circumstances that will also help.

Thanks in advance.

I also now want to leave my job and settle permanently with my family in canada.
If wishing to sponsor your child you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada. In your case your wife lives in India and you overseas.You must resettle first in Canada then sponsor your daughter. As for TRV you can try but there is no guaranty that you will be granted.