+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

kk321

Jan 10, 2020
Yes, I have got the email before I received my passport.
My return tracker got activated after one hour of receiving the email. I have sent the requested information and they have created a new account and shared me the link. I am yet to submit the photo and address in the new link.
I am in Calgary and the mail I received is from Calgary IRCC office. Probably due to less load my process is faster. (Apart from the 18 month of processing time of course- Sep 2019 AOR :) )
Can you share your contact in personal message, had some queries regarding the email we got.

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
OMG I'm so frustrated. 2 Application sent August 2020. January 15th receive AOR check status Application received August 2020 started processing January 14th 2021 and then nothing I called a few times and every time the agent said application received and they began processing but nothing else. why would sponsorship evaluation take so long, there's nothing complicated send NOA and Employment letter.
Hang in there. I was in the same boat, applied in July 2020. Last Friday, I got SA approved and medical for my son. Hopefully, you will get yours soon. The good thing is they are moving files, it's just a matter of time.

jaymechanical

Aug 30, 2016
Hang in there. I was in the same boat, applied in July 2020. Last Friday, I got SA approved and medical for my son. Hopefully, you will get yours soon. The good thing is they are moving files, it's just a matter of time.

Stay Positive guys, they are moving at pace now. I have sent my application on 21st Dec, Sponsorship approval received on 23rd Feb 21 and My daughter's medical is also completed and file moved to New Delhi Visa Office.

Now it is just matter of time.

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
can anyone in this group help me with the below form?
Per this form, who is the primary applicant? Is it the sponsor or the child?
Child is 3 Yrs old. My wife and I are PR holders and I am being the sponsor applying PR for the child.

In this case, child doesnt have any dependents on her won.. So I am not sure if this application is applicable for us.

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
can anyone in this group help me with the below form?
Per this form, who is the primary applicant? Is it the sponsor or the child?
Child is 3 Yrs old. My wife and I are PR holders and I am being the sponsor applying PR for the child.

In this case, child doesnt have any dependents on her won.. So I am not sure if this application is applicable for us.
The child is the main applicant at this time. if he or she has no dependents at the time of application, that mean this form is not applicable.

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
The child is the main applicant at this time. if he or she has no dependents at the time of application, that mean this form is not applicable.
Thanks for the quick answer...1 document down for my case...

In that case I dont have to include this form at all correct? and may be a cover letter explaining why i didnt keep this form would o. please let me know otherwise.

or should I still submit with no details filled in?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In that case I dont have to include this form at all correct? and may be a cover letter explaining why i didnt keep this form would o. please let me know otherwise.
If there are no additional dependents, you do not need to submit the additional dependents form.

If there is a checkbox on the checklist for this form (I don't recall), you can write N/A for not applicable.

Reactions: bsureshmaran

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Can someone help me the with details of supporting documents required and in what order the documents has to be kept?
I am not processing it with the help of law firm, hence asking this question.
My wife and I are PR. I am in Canada now. Wife and Child are in India though wife has PR
I am sponsoring my 3 yr dependent child now.
And I dont have a co signor for this application,. Hope these details helps. let me know what all supporting docs and cover letter are required including the order please.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hope these details helps. let me know what all supporting docs and cover letter are required including the order please.
Start with the checklist (IMM5533e) and instructions and work through. Generally applicants use the order in the checklist.

If you wish, a separate checklist (of your own) to keep track of all the documents you're attaching is helpful. I attached my own checklist to show what documents were in the package in more detail than the IRCC checklist.

There is no requirement to provide a cover letter but you can if you wish. In terms of presenting, it is probably easier for the IRCC visa officer to read separate, short letters of explanation by subject rather than one large cover letter.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Stay Positive guys, they are moving at pace now. I have sent my application on 21st Dec, Sponsorship approval received on 23rd Feb 21 and My daughter's medical is also completed and file moved to New Delhi Visa Office.

Now it is just matter of time.
Hello guys,

I have submitted both TRV and Sponsorship application for my 9 months old daughter. TRV is in process. And for Sponsorship I recently received the AOR.
Now if my TRV is approved before the sponsorship application, and if my daughter lands in Canada on TRV then obviously I'll have to inform IRCC but then what documents would they ask ?

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Finally, just received PPR :).

Timeline:
Dependent Child Sponsorship:-
Application received: March 16th, 2020
AOR: November 13th, 2020
SA : November 13th, 2020
Moved to NewDelhi VO: November 13th, 2020
Medical Request: November 13th, 2020
PPR: February 12th, 2021

Wish everyone to receive it soon :).
Congratulations!
How old is your daughter ?
Mine is 9 months old. Will she get medical request ?

Reactions: shane21