+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

kk321

Jan 10, 2020
Hi All,
I have sent my documents for the sponsorship of my 3 month old child on Feb 12th and they got delivered to Sydney NS office today (Feb 14) morning.
My application will be transfered to NDVO and seeing the comments on this thread, it really scares me how much time will it take.
If it gets transferred to NDVO then nothing much you can do...there will be few months of waiting

Jjc2020

Jan 12, 2020
hello everyone
Here are timelines for inland application for my 3 yr old US born daughter.
Application received by Cic: Dec 24,2019
Sponsor approved: January 28,2020
Medical request : Jan 28, 2020
Medical completed: Jan 29, 2020
Medical passed: Jan 31, 2020
Application forwarded to Mississuaga: Feb 3, 2020
Waiting for the next communication from them! Hopefully everything goes well :cool:
Did you get any update from Mississuaga? In the same situation.

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Hello all, I am almost done with filling out the forms/application. just wanted to know as an inland applicant how I should submit my documents? Is it online or I have to mail to one of those addresses mentioned on the CIC website? Thank you so much in advance.

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I applied TRV long before the sponsorship application since I wanted to bring my family to Canada. Only my dependent child needed the visa.

There is no such thing regarding higher chance after sponsorship application.
While applying TRV dates of stay and reason is required. What duration did you put and what reason did you include in the letter of explanation such that the trv was granted? Is it mandatory to travel during the period we mention in the form. Also which method is better online or paper based through VFS?

Arch89

Feb 17, 2020
Hi Everyone!! This thread is super helpful for parents trying to sponsor their children. Thank you all for the support and guidance.

My husband and i are PR holders. Currently we live in India. We did a soft landing in June 2019 to get the PR Status. Our baby girl was born in September 2019. My husband is moving for good to canada next month. He is going to be unemployed in the initial days until he finds a job. We have enough funds saved up to prove that he can support our baby.

So we have filled up all the sponsorship applications and our plan is for him to mail them to the appropriate office the very next day he lands in canada. So obviously we are going to declare his unemployment status is the application, ofcourse with a letter of explanation.

Questions:

1) Is his umemployment status going to affect our application in anyway?
2) I am staying back home with the baby. So i cannot become a co signer. Instead, i should get the "Declaration from non accompanying parent" form notarised and he should carry it with him along with his other forms. Is this correct?
3) Since my husband does not have a bank account in canada yet, the funds are going to be in an indian bank account and we are going to attach the bank statement with the letter of explanation. Will this be ok?

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Did you get any update from Mississuaga? In the same situation.
Hello, I am almost done with filling out the forms/application. just wanted to know as an inland applicant how I should submit my documents? Is it online or I have to mail to one of those addresses mentioned on the CIC website? Thank you so much in advance.

kaki77

Feb 11, 2020
I haven't heard anything since the file was transferred to NDVO as it was in Dec 23 . Any one have any update ?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
While applying TRV dates of stay and reason is required. What duration did you put and what reason did you include in the letter of explanation such that the trv was granted? Is it mandatory to travel during the period we mention in the form. Also which method is better online or paper based through VFS?
Duration: put below 6 months
Reason: The reason for your kid to travel and why you need the TRV

I had applied online.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hello, I am almost done with filling out the forms/application. just wanted to know as an inland applicant how I should submit my documents? Is it online or I have to mail to one of those addresses mentioned on the CIC website? Thank you so much in advance.
Inland or Outland they have mentioned the address where we need to send the paper application by post.