+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
You don't need to attach your son's visa when you add your son. The things you need are 1. the official receipt for your son's PR 2. the photo copy of your son's passport. Just try it today. You can apply for his MSP right after you paid for his PR.

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
hi, my husband is sponsor of our twins born in India. My husband and I are both PR of Canada. I am in India still with my twins of one year now.
Apllication received by Cic: Feb 26th,2020.

Date submitted(it says on full application status like this with gckey):- 24th March 2020.

I had got their medical done on 9th Jan 2020 for their Canada Visitor visa and had submitted that medical photocopies while applying for their PR.
For one boy it says passed medical exam on 9th March 2020 & for second boy it says : You dont need medical exam.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress.We will Send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results(for second boy):-You do not need a medical exam.We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents:We do not need additional documents.

Interview: you do not need an interview.We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics:We do not need your fingerprints.We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check:Not applicable.

Final decision:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So does this mean that they have not yet evaluated sponsor ? i am worried now...
hi ANYONE else has same issues? plz n thx

Cantex20

Feb 11, 2020
I am with the child in India and my husband is in Canada and he will sponsor the child so as I am not the co-signer, I will need to sign this form right?

Are you staying in India? Only the child will be sponsored? If your husband did not sponsor you, you need the form go to notary public to sign the form and bring a copy of your passport. Then you can give it to your husband. If your Permanent Resident of canada you don't need that form.

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thank you for the answers. It really helps.
Thank you for the answers. It really helps.
Hi Raki0517,

Can you please let me know if you sent letter of explanation for non-accompanying parent or filled out the form and notarized it? I am in similar situation and confused what should I do as I will be accompanying the child to Canada once she gets COPR.

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Are you staying in India? Only the child will be sponsored? If your husband did not sponsor you, you need the form go to notary public to sign the form and bring a copy of your passport. Then you can give it to your husband. If your Permanent Resident of canada you don't need that form.
Yes I am a PR and my husband did not sponsor me. I am in India with child. As I cannot be the co-signer so I am confused if I should be filling out the form or provide a letter of explanation explaining that I am a PR and will accompany the child later.

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
You don't need to attach your son's visa when you add your son. The things you need are 1. the official receipt for your son's PR 2. the photo copy of your son's passport. Just try it today. You can apply for his MSP right after you paid for his PR.
It asks about the status of child in Canada, if I select visitor, then its asking me to upload visitor permit.

Cantex20

Feb 11, 2020
Yes I am a PR and my husband did not sponsor me. I am in India with child. As I cannot be the co-signer so I am confused if I should be filling out the form or provide a letter of explanation explaining that I am a PR and will accompany the child later.
You don't need that form. You will be coming with the kid so that means your accompanying parent. Examples for non accompanying parent: I sponsor my son he live with his father in the philippines. only my son is coming to Canada. I did not sponsor his father so he has to sign the form ( that means he is giving permission that his son can come to Canada and live with me) So his father is not coming with him ( non-accompanying parent).

varu19

Dec 29, 2017
Hi All,

Inland Application:

Received COPR for my child. What should I do next?
How should get the COPR validated for Inland applicants.

Thanks,
V

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
You don't need that form. You will be coming with the kid so that means your accompanying parent. Examples for non accompanying parent: I sponsor my son he live with his father in the philippines. only my son is coming to Canada. I did not sponsor his father so he has to sign the form ( that means he is giving permission that his son can come to Canada and live with me) So his father is not coming with him ( non-accompanying parent).
Thanks Cantex, this clarifies things. I am planning to send a Letter of Explanation along with a copy of my PR card.