+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
@chinusha21
Hi there. I sponsored my twins as well. I'm a PR, too. My application received on February 21 but still in progress...
I'll update if I've got something new.
By the way, in my perspectives, if the sponsor is a PR, both PA and sponsor should be in Canada, right?
You should check that up, again.
Hope we will get our kids' PR soon.

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
@chinusha21
Hi there. I sponsored my twins as well. I'm a PR, too. My application received on February 21 but still in progress...
By the way, in my perspectives, if the sponsor is a PR, both PA and sponsor should be in Canada, right?
whats PA? sorry

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
@chinusha21
plz check your private conversation message

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Hi Agnes, I hope I have the answer to your question... I can imagine your frustration and I sympathize with you. I hope someone here can help you but in the meantime I suggest you keep contacting IRCC. Hoping that you get ahold of them soon. All the best!
@mumay fort It is so nice of you. Thank you for saying like that. I'm still not relieved cause my application status's not changed yet after the phone call. I should call them again this week.

robertobolano

Jun 13, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
15-07-2020
Hi, my son's family class sponsorship application was delivered on August 5th, but I haven't heard anything back. I was expecting mail or an email. Is it normal to take this long? I've tried linking the application online but it never finds a match. Thanks for any advice. Seems like most people get a confirmation of application receipt with less wait than I've had so far.

Thanks.

INLAND sponsorship of US-born child.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi, my son's family class sponsorship application was delivered on August 5th, but I haven't heard anything back. I was expecting mail or an email. Is it normal to take this long? I've tried linking the application online but it never finds a match. Thanks for any advice. Seems like most people get a confirmation of application receipt with less wait than I've had so far.

Thanks.

INLAND sponsorship of US-born child.
Hey..
A lot of us are on the same boat... my son's application was delivered on April 17th 2020 and a few people from May and March as well... we haven't received AOR yet.. my son's application is inland as well.. there have been delays because of COVID.. but there has been movement in the Sydney office lately but there has been a huge backlog.. hopefully we'll all hear some good news soon.. Good luck to you and be sure to keep us posted as will I...

Reactions: robertobolano

Oolrac

Sep 14, 2020
Hi all, I have a couple of question on dependent child sponsor, hope you can help.
Here is the situation. Both I and my wife are PR. My wife gave birth early this year out of Canada and she's staying with the baby now. So I am in Canada now and will sponsor my baby for the PR.

- On the document checklist, it says if there is any applicant under 18, who will receive an immigration visa, the sponsor needs to submit the Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604). So this confuses me. Who needs to fill out this form? Me or my wife? But we are both already immigrated to Canada. And both of us will come back to Canada with the baby in the future when she receives PR.

- The second question will be on the Sponsorship Evaluation form (IMM 5481). On Number of Family Members And Persons Included In Undertakings section.
4) 1
5a) 1
5b) should be all 0s
Confused on 6a) Your spouse or common-law partner. Since I will only sponsor my dependent child, not my wife. I would put 0 here.
6b) 0
7) 2

Then all details of family members will be N/A.
Did anyone have a similar situation? Any help would be appreciated!!

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
I got an email today that my daughter's application has been transferred to NDVO (6 months after medicals were done).

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Congrat!! @uvsrsk
I didn't receive any msgs from them.... after getting AOR. even about medical exams...)
I am so frustrated now..

Last edited:

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
@DFARGHALY88
Finally, I've got a msg from IRCC! Please find the below. Thank you for concerning and hope you will have AOR soon.

Good day,

Please be advised that there is a new application number, F000778765. Both FC3 applications have sponsor eligibility assessment completed and files are pending transfer to VO.

Thank you.

CT

Client Service Unit

CPC Sydney

IRCC

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
@DFARGHALY88
Finally, I've got a msg from IRCC! Please find the below. Thank you for concerning and hope you will have AOR soon.

Good day,

Please be advised that there is a new application number, F000778765. Both FC3 applications have sponsor eligibility assessment completed and files are pending transfer to VO.

Thank you.

CT

Client Service Unit

CPC Sydney

IRCC
Congratulations!!! Finally, they rectified the mistake and continue processing ur application... so relieved for u...

varu19

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

Did you follow up with the Customer care ?
My child's Timeline's are also similar , am still awaiting for the COPR. This is an Inland application

Does any one with the below time lines received the COPR?

Application sentDec 02 2019
Application receivedDec 06 2019
AOR ReceivedDec 24 2019
Sponsorship approvalJan 06 2020
Medical ReceivedJan 06 2020
Case Transferred to Mississauga for processing:Jan 13 2020 / Processing started on Jan 16 2020
Medical doneJan 20 2020
Medical SentJan 21 2020
Medical Passed:Jan 22 2020
Finally received COPR today.
I got the COPR in my online account.

What's next for the Inland immigration.
Do we receive a hard copy of COPR?

And do we need to schedule an interview appointment with Immigration officer?

Please guide!!

"This is an Inland Application-My child is currently in Canada."

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Finally received COPR today.
I got the COPR in my online account.

What's next for the Inland immigration.
Do we receive a hard copy of COPR?

And do we need to schedule an interview appointment with Immigration officer?

Please guide!!

"This is an Inland Application-My child is currently in Canada."
Congrats!!! So glad to finally be hearing good news.. ours is also an inland application but hasn't started processing yet.. I dont have the answers hopefully someone here knows as I also would like to know what to expect..

Reactions: varu19

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
I got the request of Medical exam today!!!!

My Sponsorship application for my twins (Dependent Children) - Inland

I sent my application on 6-Jan-2020

Date Received at Office: 21-Feb-2020
AOR Received: 8-Mar-2020
Sponsorship Approval email: 18-Sep-2020
Medical Exam Request: 18-Sep-2020
Hi @Agnes8181 , good to hear that your application is processing!

Reactions: Agnes8181