+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
guys, can a person with just 3 months permanent resident status can sponsor his dependent child?
and do that person has to have income in order to sponsor his child?
This person just arrived to Canada as PR for almost 3 months now, and he want to sponsor his dependent child during this time, and He not yet having a job, is it possible? Thanks
I believe anyone who has a Pr status can sponsor family. But where it might be a challenge is not having a job. How does one support? Maybe it’s best to go check out cic website requirements to sponsor a child . I’m a citizen sponsoring my child so unsure if it’s the same.

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hello Hello,

I hope everyone's doing well.
Outland dependent child
Sponsorship application : Sept 25, 2019
AOR : Nov 1, 2019
Sponsorship approval : Nov 15, 2019
Medical Request : Jan 22, 20
Medical done : Jan 27, 20
Still awaiting for the next step.. It says on the timeline that medical results have been received. Do I have the same timeline as you guys have? I felt like my application suddenly froze. I hope not. I'm getting anxious actually
Where is your visa office ?

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hello,

I have been monitoring this forum ever since I submitted my application for my son, 7years old.
This forum helps a lot, especially the timeline that you guys shared. I just want to share my timeline as well.

Outland - Philippines
Sent to CPC Sydney: Nov. 14, 2019
AOR: Nov. 18, 2019
Add Info: NA
Sponsor Approval: Dec. 18, 2019
Medical Req: Dec. 18, 2019
Initial Medical Request done: Dec. 21, 2019
Additional Medical Request: Jan. 02, 2020
Application transferred to Manila Visa Office: Jan. 06, 2020
PreArrival Services Email: Feb. 04, 2020
Additional Medical done: Feb. 11, 2020
Medical Passed: Feb. 20, 2020

I am hoping for any update soon, and so for all of you guys!
Best of luck, everyone! :)
ANy update for you ?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
guys, can a person with just 3 months permanent resident status can sponsor his dependent child?
and do that person has to have income in order to sponsor his child?
This person just arrived to Canada as PR for almost 3 months now, and he want to sponsor his dependent child during this time, and He not yet having a job, is it possible? Thanks
I arrived in September '2019. Sent the package to CPC Sydney in early October. Got AOR in November along with sponsorship approval. But I landed a job in November and updated CIC using webform.

There is no minimum income requirement. But you need to highlight how you can support the dependent child. In my case initially I had shown my savings.

So make the application and update once you get a job. provide the Job letter details highlighting your salary just to be safe. No stated requirement for the same for child sponsorship.

Reactions: mintmint

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hello Hello,

I hope everyone's doing well.
Outland dependent child
Sponsorship application : Sept 25, 2019
AOR : Nov 1, 2019
Sponsorship approval : Nov 15, 2019
Medical Request : Jan 22, 20
Medical done : Jan 27, 20
Still awaiting for the next step.. It says on the timeline that medical results have been received. Do I have the same timeline as you guys have? I felt like my application suddenly froze. I hope not. I'm getting anxious actually
In my case medicals got approved on November 28 '2019. Since then no update and my application is in that status for close to 3 and half months now.

So this is not something odd. You can look at the normal processing times for the visa office. In my case its close to 9 months for NDVO.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case medicals got approved on November 28 '2019. Since then no update and my application is in that status for close to 3 and half months now.

So this is not something odd. You can look at the normal processing times for the visa office. In my case its close to 9 months for NDVO.
Oh okay, I guess it's case to case. An acquaintance of mine applied for his family the 4th week of November 2019, got their medical done on the 27th of December, request for passport on the 2nd of January, they will be landing here on March 22nd.

Processing time according to the visa office takes 11 months. Patience.... Thank you for responding.

Reactions: tapa.n

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Nothing since November 28 '2019. But I managed to bring my child to canada on TRV.
Congratulations!!!:) So happy for you. I would like to share that i received a change in application status from "in progress" to "decision made". What is the timeline usually for MVO?:)

Reactions: mumay fort