+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

M5plus

Nov 25, 2018
The most Frustrating part is that I have to paid my son fee back home. And it a private school. I have to pay at least 50% of the school fee before September 16. Now I’m thinking what if I pay and Accra send his PR. But I guess I have to pay on Monday. Can’t keep my son home without knowing what plan Accra is working on. This is so disappointing.

It is so frustrating when they put us as parents in this situation. We are in the same boat, we too paid fees for a private school back home . Its not fair that they don't make priority.

Reactions: Mass L

mjrom03

Jan 24, 2017
So I emailed our VO for follow up since mine already exceeded normal processing times. I am happy that they responded right away but the response is not promising. :(
Does this mean they just opened/waiting the file to be opened after 6 months since it was transferred in their office?

They wrote:

Dear Sponsor:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application is now queued for review. We regret that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of this process but be assured that once the review is completed, we will advise you in writing if additional information and/or documents will be required.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding while you wait to hear more from our office.

We trust this information will guide you accordingly.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Unit - Unité de résident permanent

mjrom03

Jan 24, 2017
Please share if someone has the same experience with me here. What happens after you had a follow up from VO?

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
So I emailed our VO for follow up since mine already exceeded normal processing times. I am happy that they responded right away but the response is not promising. :(
Does this mean they just opened/waiting the file to be opened after 6 months since it was transferred in their office?

They wrote:

Dear Sponsor:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application is now queued for review. We regret that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of this process but be assured that once the review is completed, we will advise you in writing if additional information and/or documents will be required.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding while you wait to hear more from our office.

We trust this information will guide you accordingly.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Unit - Unité de résident permanent
Please what the normal processing time again ? Is it 6 or 7 months ? Mine already exceeded the 6 months but still no news

mjrom03

Jan 24, 2017
Yeah have been trying to check on it but can’t show. It says can’t show processing time for this country. Thanks for the replying. 10 months for kids application wow. Like seriously . Smh
You're welcome! I know right? I just don't understand why others just takes a few months and then this, hopefully, I won't be one of those who waited for more than a year though. :(

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
Our application to sponsor dependent children was recieved by IRCC on June 28 but we have still yet to receive AOR

Any other june applicants still waiting for AOR?

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, I applied for my Son's sponsorship from canada and my Son is in Pakistan. I received an email last week that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing. Does any one has any idea how much time it generally takes after this?

Application High level timelines

Application Submitted : 25-Feb-2019
Application No assigned & Sponsor eligibility approved : 30-March-2019
Medical Request : 04-April-2019
Medical Passed : 15-April-2019
Case Forwarded to London Visa Processing Center : 23-May-2019

Regards,
Shoaib Akhtar
Your son application and mine have the same timeline. Same date of AOR and same month application was transferred to the various visa offices. Still waiting on his visa . Please let me know how yours is going

krishna03

Oct 12, 2015
Hi,

I got my PR through SINP nominations and I did not get my relevant job in sk. So now I live in different province for job search mean time I want to sponsor my son who lives in India. What are the application forms that needs to be submitted to CIC(I want to make sure 100% for the list of Application forms).

In one of the application they have asked that where do intend to live in Canada?. What should I mention for this question, Right now I am not living Saskatchewan.

Please guys suggest some information for this scenario.

Thanks
Krishna