+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
HELP NEEDED
What should i do in this situation have received this email today. My son is still a full time student and is financially supported by me.? If I send the proof of him being a student does it approve his application?
Any member faced the same situation ? Please help me out
Dear Mr. Khan,

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that your child listed below does not meet the definition of a dependent, and thus, does not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Pursuant to section 2 of the regulations, a dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who:

(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namely,

• (i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or

• (ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namely,

• (i) is less than 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or

• (ii) is 19 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 19 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

Based on the evidence submitted I am not satisfied that Ali Haider Yazdani meets the above definition because he was 23 at lock in date and hence does not meet the above pursuant to section 2(b).

Before a final decision regarding the eligibility of your above child as a dependant is made, you are being given thirty (30) days to provide additional documentation. Any information you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is met.

Should you choose not to respond with additional information your above-named dependant will be removed from the application and processing will continue to the next processing stage.

Sincerely,

IRCC - London

Last edited:

shikamara

Jun 12, 2019
They send medical request for my 16 month daughter and we send it on 19 Aug 2019 the file is in Cairo Visa office and they started processing 25 July 2019.. when can I expect ppr??

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Thanks. Turns out there will be no need for the TRV again. My sons PR application got a decision made on ecas on Saturday and a Pre arrival letter on Friday.
Thats great news and I'm in the same boat. got PPR today. Is your kid is in India or Canada? My kid is in Canada on visitor visa and I'm confused if we can send passport to CPC-Ottawa.
Thanks. Turns out there will be no need for the TRV again. My sons PR application got a decision made on ecas on Saturday and a Pre arrival letter on Friday.

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
@Serexistence can you please tell me how much time it took Accra to make decision on your child application? My son application was forwarded to Accra since May 2019 and no decision made yet. Please reply !! Thanks in advance

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
@Serexistence can you please tell me how much time it took Accra to make decision on your child application? My son application was forwarded to Accra since May 2019 and no decision made yet. Please reply !! Thanks in advance
Application received October 29,2018. AOR Jan 23,2019. Started processing Jan 22rd. Feb 18 SA. And file transferred to Accra same day. Accra started processing Feb 20th, 2019. Medical request April 16th. ADR April 17th. ADR sent April 23rd medical passed April 27th. Then after that both. Had to send series of emails to them. Requested for gcms notes and got it in July 30th or so. Noticed the last time they attended to the file was in April after they received the ADditional documents. So I guess the gcms request made them reopen the file. August 3rd got PA. Then August 12th PPR. Sent passport August 16th and got an update on the 29th that application has been approved and counter foil issued. Waiting to get passport back

M5plus

Nov 25, 2018
I have a question. So we applied for my husband's 4 children pr .May 6 application recieved. July 16, 3 medicals were asked for. The medicals have been recieved, but no date when they were. The 4 child still no medical asked for.

A year ago July 2018 they had medicals done for dad's Pr.

When I phoned about the 4th child and why no medical they tell me his medical is on file. Why would they ask for the other 3 younger children and not him ?
He will need biometrics but they have not asked for those.

Even sponsorship everyone has been decided but not him.
We are very confused. Does anyone have any idea or gone through similar situations?

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Application received October 29,2018. AOR Jan 23,2019. Started processing Jan 22rd. Feb 18 SA. And file transferred to Accra same day. Accra started processing Feb 20th, 2019. Medical request April 16th. ADR April 17th. ADR sent April 23rd medical passed April 27th. Then after that both. Had to send series of emails to them. Requested for gcms notes and got it in July 30th or so. Noticed the last time they attended to the file was in April after they received the ADditional documents. So I guess the gcms request made them reopen the file. August 3rd got PA. Then August 12th PPR. Sent passport August 16th and got an update on the 29th that application has been approved and counter foil issued. Waiting to get passport back
Wow that’s 10 months . ACCRA visa Office is killing me . Thanks so much for the reply

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Wow that’s 10 months . ACCRA visa Office is killing me . Thanks so much for the reply
You are welcome. You can chat me up privately for my whatsapp number incase you have further questions. No much persons for child sponsorship and the wait time can be very annoying

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
I have a question. So we applied for my husband's 4 children pr .May 6 application recieved. July 16, 3 medicals were asked for. The medicals have been recieved, but no date when they were. The 4 child still no medical asked for.

A year ago July 2018 they had medicals done for dad's Pr.

When I phoned about the 4th child and why no medical they tell me his medical is on file. Why would they ask for the other 3 younger children and not him ?
He will need biometrics but they have not asked for those.

Even sponsorship everyone has been decided but not him.
We are very confused. Does anyone have any idea or gone through similar situations?
Be patient. It happens at times. You will get his SA approval soon and medical request. I am sure its because his medicals he did last yeAr hasnt expired reason they didnt ask for a new one yet. Normally medicals lasts for 1year. So since it has expire now a medical request will be sent soon. Just hang on

Reactions: M5plus

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
You are welcome. You can chat me up privately for my whatsapp number incase you have further questions. No much persons for child sponsorship and the wait time can be very annoying
Please add me to you contact and sap me plz. Or send me your number. +15879748744. The immigration officer I called before applying for me son gave me the confidence that the child application is faster and to be completed in 6 months. This is so annoying. It almost the beginning of school year and I was really expecting much from Accra. Moreover the for kids below 14 years. Can’t believe I have to wait for another 4 months. That mean the kid application process and the Spouse application is almost the same time frame. This is silly!!

M5plus

Nov 25, 2018
Please add me to you contact and sap me plz. Or send me your number. +15879748744. The immigration officer I called before applying for me son gave me the confidence that the child application is faster and to be completed in 6 months. This is so annoying. It almost the beginning of school year and I was really expecting much from Accra. Moreover the for kids below 14 years. Can’t believe I have to wait for another 4 months. That mean the kid application process and the Spouse application is almost the same time frame. This is silly!!

This is crazy. We were told too that it was faster. You would think that they would honor their KEEPING FAMILIES TOGETHER a priority.

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Be patient. It happens at times. You will get his SA approval soon and medical request. I am sure its because his medicals he did last yeAr hasnt expired reason they didnt ask for a new one yet. Normally medicals lasts for 1year. So since it has expire now a medical request will be sent soon. Just hang on
My son medical expired in June and I was sent to do another medical in July. Which I have and medical pass was shown on August 1st. SA was approved in April, I got AOR on March 30, and application was transferred in MAy.

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
This is crazy. We were told too that it was faster. You would think that they would honor their KEEPING FAMILIES TOGETHER a priority.
Exactly!!! They really need to work on their immigration process about kids. Especially kids under 14 years. For God sake no biometric is involved or background check. So why taking this long to process. I even email them that since the school year is about to start that I’m really hoping for my son visa. As he just promoted to Grade 2.

M5plus

Nov 25, 2018
Exactly!!! They really need to work on their immigration process about kids. Especially kids under 14 years. For God sake no biometric is involved or background check. So why taking this long to process. I even email them that since the school year is about to start that I’m really hoping for my son visa. As he just promoted to Grade 2.

3 of our child are young and in elementary . I hear you and the school year starting.

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
3 of our child are young and in elementary . I hear you and the school year starting.
The most Frustrating part is that I have to paid my son fee back home. And it a private school. I have to pay at least 50% of the school fee before September 16. Now I’m thinking what if I pay and Accra send his PR. But I guess I have to pay on Monday. Can’t keep my son home without knowing what plan Accra is working on. This is so disappointing.