+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
@Diana M and @Surexistence
Thank you so much for your reply

What are the next steps once the sponsorship approval and medical request is approved?
Next it should be AOR 2 (the file will be transferred to the VO from original country or it will be kept in Canada), after Pre-arrival letter (not everybody is receiving this) and PPR (passport request). Of course, not very fast, but they will come. :)

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I'm starting to worry about the application of my son coz I still don't have an update in ECAS/GcKey wether the medical has been received/passed until now. Medical request letter recvd on Feb 19 and it was done on Feb 23. How do we know when there's an update?

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Hi, I'm starting to worry about the application of my son coz I still don't have an update in ECAS/GcKey wether the medical has been received/passed until now. Medical request letter recvd on Feb 19 and it was done on Feb 23. How do we know when there's an update?
When they receive it it will show medicals passed on GCkey and medicals received on Ecas. Be patient. I haven't even gotten medical request since Feb 15th

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
When they receive it it will show medicals passed on GCkey and medicals received on Ecas. Be patient. I haven't even gotten medical request since Feb 15th
Thanks! I'm just worried that it may pass the deadline for the request. But yeah, patience is always our virtue here

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
You can not contact somehow the clinic where the medical was done? Just to check if they sent it? I don't think that they will mind and like this you can stop being worried. Our medical is on 12 march and I plan to ask how long they will take to send it. :)

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
You can not contact somehow the clinic where the medical was done? Just to check if they sent it? I don't think that they will mind and like this you can stop being worried. Our medical is on 12 march and I plan to ask how long they will take to send it. :)
Yes, I'm waiting for their response as well. Emailed them yesterday. But they did say they will send it right away once medical is done.

aazeb423

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2017
Nomination.....
20-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
10-July-2017
Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Dear,

Please support me. Me n my wife have PR ship. We both landed in 25 June 2018 in Canada n currently out of Canada due to my job. But now my family is expecting a baby. I m confused that should my deliver here in my home country or she must deliver in Canada.

If I opt option one ie manage delivery here in my home country ie out of Canada how baby visa will be processed? Is it easy process or I should manage delivery inside Canada which is very tough due to job constraints etc

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Dear,

Please support me. Me n my wife have PR ship. We both landed in 25 June 2018 in Canada n currently out of Canada due to my job. But now my family is expecting a baby. I m confused that should my deliver here in my home country or she must deliver in Canada.

If I opt option one ie manage delivery here in my home country ie out of Canada how baby visa will be processed? Is it easy process or I should manage delivery inside Canada which is very tough due to job constraints etc
HI,

If you choose the baby to be born in the home country them you will have to sponsor him in order to become PR. If you choose the baby to born in Canada he will be a Canadian citizen (one of the advantages is that he will be medically covered right away, since birth). As PR you can't sponsor your baby from outside Canada, you actually have to live there.

Nayena

Sep 21, 2017
You can (and probably should) use the same GCKey for TRV.
Passport stamping depends on your current place of residence. You will be asked to send it to the visa office responsible for your place of residence.
Tocanadawego...can u tell me what is the chances of approval or rejection of Trv while PR PROCESSING Is IN PROCESS

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
@Diana M
I received the AOR for my son's application on March 8
Sponsor approval and Medical request received on March 12

Could you please share the tests that the child has to undergo during the medical exam

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
@Diana M
I received the AOR for my son's application on March 8
Sponsor approval and Medical request received on March 12

Could you please share the tests that the child has to undergo during the medical exam
My son took the test yesterday. It depends on the age of the child. Mine is 8. They did a general exam and took a sample of urine. It went very fast.. less than 10 minutes.