10-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
hello friends,

As you all seniors who have already in process for sponsoring the dependent child and have done everything. so i need some suggestions as i am also reading the forms and procedure for sponsoring my twins. me and my wife got PR in 2016, landed in sept 2016 for landing fomalities. she stayed for 1 month and i lived for some time and then went back to india for delivery in june 2017. so now i returned back to canada in july 2018. want to sponsor my kids who r 1 yr old. i would like to know what r the chances of getting TRV for them so that i will apply for their PR once they come to canada after getting visitor visa as she saw that visitor visa might be rejected in many cases due to not fulfilling the main condition of visitor visa to return back to home country.

secondly, If i apply for sponsoring of my kids , then one form need signature of co-signer (spouse), so is it necessary to get signed by spouse as she is in india with kids so how she will sign as she need to courier me the form after signing if required.

one more point is in one form, it is mentioned to declare the accompanying person with kids when PR approved, then that person need to fill a form and is it necessary to fill another form declaring that the other parent dont have any objection for kids sponsorship or PR. i dont understand that when both parents have PR and after getting kids PR , kids will come with their mother only so why she have any objection and whats the need to fill a form for non-objection from one parent.

The most important is once i have applied for kids sponsorship , then is it possible if i want to go to india while the file is in process and for how much time. suppose cic approved me as a sponsor and file transferred to new delhi visa office, then i can go to india for 1-2 months or not.

I am thinking to file the kids sponsorship case myself and not hiring any consultant as i did my PR process through express entry myself only in 2016.

Please clarify.
Thanks
1. I was in a similar situation. I first applied for a TRV and brought my son to Canada. TRV was approved without any problem. Now I have applied for sponsorship and waiting for the AOR.
2. Co-signer is optional. You have to take signature of your spouse only if she becomes a co-signer. You can sponsor alone.
3. Yes, Regarding the declaration of other parent not having any objection: You can just attach a letter signed by your spouse stating that she is already a PR and does not have any objection to the PR sponsorship of children. She can sign the letter, scan and send it to you from India.
4. I had the same question in my mind, if I can leave Canada while my sponsorship application is in process. I read in various forum that you can leave Canada for some time or a month or two but not for long. But I have not seen an clear information on this from CIC. I suggest to make sure you are reachable email/phone for to attend any communication from CIC.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
1. I was in a similar situation. I first applied for a TRV and brought my son to Canada. TRV was approved without any problem. Now I have applied for sponsorship and waiting for the AOR.
2. Co-signer is optional. You have to take signature of your spouse only if she becomes a co-signer. You can sponsor alone.
3. Yes, Regarding the declaration of other parent not having any objection: You can just attach a letter signed by your spouse stating that she is already a PR and does not have any objection to the PR sponsorship of children. She can sign the letter, scan and send it to you from India.
4. I had the same question in my mind, if I can leave Canada while my sponsorship application is in process. I read in various forum that you can leave Canada for some time or a month or two but not for long. But I have not seen an clear information on this from CIC. I suggest to make sure you are reachable email/phone for to attend any communication from CIC.

Thanks snayak.

we have to file kids sponsorship application by mail( means hard copies) or we can apply online by scanning and attaching all forms & documents.
I have made an account by gckey but there is no option for kids sponsorship, only visitor visa, parents supervisa .
and if i need some documents or letter signed by my wife or any affidavit from india so i need the original right . i think scan copies will not work.
original affidavit and signed letter from spouse

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015

Thanks for the reply

As u have mentioned that u have applied for TRV fro ur son first and then PR.
So what you have mentioned or prepare the file in such a way that u got TRV for ur son.
What r the chances as i read that many got rejected.

snayak

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Thanks snayak.

we have to file kids sponsorship application by mail( means hard copies) or we can apply online by scanning and attaching all forms & documents.
I have made an account by gckey but there is no option for kids sponsorship, only visitor visa, parents supervisa .
and if i need some documents or letter signed by my wife or any affidavit from india so i need the original right . i think scan copies will not work.
original affidavit and signed letter from spouse
Hi,

You have to submit paper based application for sponsoring your children. There is no online option available for that. You can get a document signed from your wife and take a color printout of that scan. Since your spouse is already a PR, it is natural that she does not have any objection rather she also is looking forward the PR of the children. The letter is just a formality for the completeness of the application.

I applied the TRV online. I included a signed letter (kind of undertaking). In that I mentioned we both are PR but our baby was born in India. Now I would like sponsor him for PR. Since the PR process take times and it is ideal for the child to be with both the parents, I want to take him to Canada. For that I am applying a TRV. I will apply for PR once he is in Canada. I completely understand the dual intent nature of this application and assure to obey conditions as required by a TRV.

There are cases of rejection but also it has been approved. But each case is different. It should be approved in your case.

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Here is the response of my case enquiry

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We wish to thank you for your patience and to inform you that the information you have provided has been forwarded to the responsible office.

Your file should be reviewed shortly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
Is anyone else sponsorship for adoption cases?

They received our application on June 25 according to our AOR.
We got our AOR on September 26.

Then nothing...

According to their website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadians/adopt-child-abroad/processes/choose-process/immigration/after-apply-next-steps.html):

"Sponsorship applications for adoption cases are processed within 48 hours of being received."

This is very similar to what our adoption agency told us. For adoption, there is no medial or anything else to do. They just have to read and approve the papers. It takes 5 minutes for them to do. In Mississauga, they have always handled it within a few days according to our adoption agency. But Sydney does not seem to be handling it in priority anymore. It seems they have no clues of what they are doing.

Anyone else in the same situation? I am thinking that together we might be stronger.

ypra

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
In Process: 14-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015/done remedical and PCC prior to Interview
Interview........
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
90 days passed but no AOR for child sponsorship .Any body in the same situation ? over 90 days is normal ?
May be try calling IRCC, they may give you temporary file no, so that you know your file is in the Q

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
90 days passed but no AOR for child sponsorship .Any body in the same situation ? over 90 days is normal ?
It took us exactly 90 days to get our AOR. That was 1 month ago. Since then, nothing. I am also very worried. I wonder what they are doing, if they are doing anything. It doesn't seem normal that so many people with June/July applications are stuck. And it seems very unfair, for some people it seems to go much quicker.

Crise CG

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga /Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28OCT2016
Doc's Request.
08FEB2017
AOR Received.
31OCT2016
File Transfer...
17NOV2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT..Passed / background check IP 9March2017
Passport Req..
13MARCH2017 Glory to God.Submitted: 20MARCH2017
VISA ISSUED...
23MARCH2017
LANDED..........
MAY2017
No update for my children also, AOR June 5, 2018, Medical July 23.. application status still show as - "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you"

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
No update for my children also, AOR June 5, 2018, Medical July 23.. application status still show as - "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you"
When did they receive your application?

Last edited:

snayak

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Processing is delayed for sure. May be at the moment it is taking more than 90 days to get AOR. I further worried that I am not able to link my application to online profile yet. I tried all different combinations. Hope to get the AOR and hence the application number soon so that I know that they have my application.

Crise CG

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga /Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28OCT2016
Doc's Request.
08FEB2017
AOR Received.
31OCT2016
File Transfer...
17NOV2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT..Passed / background check IP 9March2017
Passport Req..
13MARCH2017 Glory to God.Submitted: 20MARCH2017
VISA ISSUED...
23MARCH2017
LANDED..........
MAY2017

kimiarun

Jun 4, 2018
Processing is delayed for sure. May be at the moment it is taking more than 90 days to get AOR. I further worried that I am not able to link my application to online profile yet. I tried all different combinations. Hope to get the AOR and hence the application number soon so that I know that they have my application.
Called IRCC call centre today. They couldn't provide me the application number as the file was not yet opened for processing. Some relief !!
They also acknowledged the receipt of my case specific inquiry and that has been forwarded to the application processing center asking for the delay. hope to see some feedback through email in a week or two.

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
Some miracles happened to us this morning. The cic check application status page now shows "Sponsorship Application Status" as "Decision Made" instead of "In Progress". But we haven't received any email yet. Does anyone know long long it takes to get an official letter?

For those who want to compare their timeline with ours: They received our file on June 25 and we got our AOR on September 26. But we are an adoption case which theoretically should be handled in priority (although I don't think they do anymore). For adoption cases, several verification have been made before the sponsors approval so the sponsor approval is just a incredibly long formality.