+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
All applications are separate for each child..

In the letter of explanation I have clearly mentioned the status of their sponsorship and included file number & UCI received from ndvo .. Also I have applied for 6 months of stay .. return ticket is not required and I haven't shown.. but proof of funds & source of income is required.. I have shown 3 months bank statement along with my employment letter..

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Hi what was your reason of visit on the TRV. Did u specify that they were heading back after a short stay. PL clarify. Thanks.[/QU
I have written that i am inviting them to join me for the holiday season with specific return date (around 5.5 months) in the invitation letter

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hey Folks,
can you please let me know, roughly, how much time it takes to complete the sponsor process for the dependent child? looking for an average timeline here.
Thanks.

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Hi
I applied for my Son's PR within Canada and he is on visit visa.His application was received on 15th Aug 2017 CPC Mississauga and on 5th Oct I received letter for photographs to be sent , which I sent already, since then there is no update even I linked my application - " Online application says - your action is required" but don;t know what they meant.

What will happen next ? any idea and how long I need to wait. His visitor visa will expire in Feb 2018.

Thank you

Vignesh1985

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Vignesh,

Would you mind sharing this information, where you got this type of info "Sep 18 - CIC website status 'Started Processing' by (NDVO)". My kids medical received by them in mid July 2017 and till now I am waiting.

I would like to know whether my file reached NDVO or not. Thanks in advance

Manish
papmanindia@gmail.com
Hi Manish,

In my case, I got an email from NDVO on Sep-18 confirming about the acknowledgement of receipt. I believe the email goes to the email ID of the Primary Applicant and not the Sponsor. So please check what email ID you gave as email ID for your primary applicant.

Thanks,
Vignesh.

Vignesh1985

Nov 10, 2014
Hi
I applied for my Son's PR within Canada and he is on visit visa.His application was received on 15th Aug 2017 CPC Mississauga and on 5th Oct I received letter for photographs to be sent , which I sent already, since then there is no update even I linked my application - " Online application says - your action is required" but don;t know what they meant.

What will happen next ? any idea and how long I need to wait. His visitor visa will expire in Feb 2018.

Thank you
Hi jailika,

Did you get your son's TRV on first attempt itself? How much time it takes for getting the TRV? The TRV was only for your kid or for your spouse also? Please throw some lights on this. My wife is waiting in India for last 5 months as my son is waiting for his PR. Since 18th-September documents are with NDVO and no updates so far. I am confused whether to apply for TRV now or to wait for 1-2 months more to get the PR directly.

Regards,
Vignesh.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Hi jailika,

Did you get your son's TRV on first attempt itself? How much time it takes for getting the TRV? The TRV was only for your kid or for your spouse also? Please throw some lights on this. My wife is waiting in India for last 5 months as my son is waiting for his PR. Since 18th-September documents are with NDVO and no updates so far. I am confused whether to apply for TRV now or to wait for 1-2 months more to get the PR directly.

Regards,
Vignesh.
TRV was issued in first attempt in my case. If you have AOR2 & SA .. it's good idea to apply for TRV if you don't want to wait. Also it took 7 days for me to get TRV for my kids.. online application

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I got an email stating my sponsorship application for my infant kid (1 year old) is transferred to NDVO office. How much approx time does they take or is it a waiting game?

rrao

Aug 2, 2017
I have written that i am inviting them to join me for the holiday season with specific return date (around 5.5 months) in the invitation letter
Hi Guelphmm, the status of my TRV show as approved and there is a request for original passport on Nov 16, however i haven't received any confirmation email from CIC. Should i have received one or can i directly submit my pp?

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
i
Hi Guelphmm, the status of my TRV show as approved and there is a request for original passport on Nov 16, however i haven't received any confirmation email from CIC. Should i have received one or can i directly submit my pp?

i have received email saying check the update in my GCkey.. when opened the account there was message with pdf requesting passport.. submitted passport along with the pdf letter to vfs Bangalore for stamping.. got message its stamped and its on its way back to vfs for collection

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Hi jailika,

Regards,
Vignesh.
Hi
I only applied for my son's visa as my wife and myself already having PR. We got visa in a month and once we came here I applied for PR and waiting for update.
I don;t know until when I need to wait for update

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Folks,
can you please let me know, roughly, how much time it takes to complete the sponsor process for the dependent child? looking for an average timeline here.
Thanks.
Hi, It depends on the visa office. You can use the processing times information on cic website, its pretty much near to that.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I only applied for my son's visa as my wife and myself already having PR. We got visa in a month and once we came here I applied for PR and waiting for update.
I don;t know until when I need to wait for update
Hi,
CPC mississauga is fast and should take roughly 2/3 months to send the file to NDVO, the real wait starts then.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an email stating my sponsorship application for my infant kid (1 year old) is transferred to NDVO office. How much approx time does they take or is it a waiting game?
hi,
Its a waiting game for most of us, exceptions excluded.