Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi Gaurav,

DId you wife got the passport back from VFS yet?how long are they taking these days? I got PPR today.
Hi
Congrats for the PPR. I submitted on Wednesday 8th in vfs and still is bring processed.Hopefully to get it by this weekend.

Vignesh1985

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Friends,

Me & my wife are PR. Our son was born in India last December. So I applied to sponsor him in July. Please find my timeline below. I have tried various options more than 100 times to link my son's application to my online mycic account. But no luck...:-( Medicals completed and waiting for PPR request from NDVO.

July 17 - Documents Submitted
Aug 17 - Acknowledgement Received from CIC
Aug 31 - Request letter for Medical (Sent by post to Canada Address)
Sep 6 - Got email that my eligibility to Sponsor has been approved
Sep 12 - File transferred to NDVO
Sep 15 - Medicals Done
Sep 17 - Medical Status received in CIC website
Sep 18 - CIC website status 'Started Processing' by (NDVO)

Please tell me how much time it will take from here on. I am unable to link the application to online account. I already raised two Case Specic Enquiries and just got generic response that either I entered details incorrectly or details are not yet uploaded in system or technical issue at their end. Any help is much appreciated... !!! Are the timelines usual? Should I contact NDVO to understand the status? Is there a number to contact them?

Status as per CIC website:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 17, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on September 18, 2017.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Thanks,
Vignesh.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Me & my wife are PR. Our son was born in India last December. So I applied to sponsor him in July. Please find my timeline below. I have tried various options more than 100 times to link my son's application to my online mycic account. But no luck...:-( Medicals completed and waiting for PPR request from NDVO.

July 17 - Documents Submitted
Aug 17 - Acknowledgement Received from CIC
Aug 31 - Request letter for Medical (Sent by post to Canada Address)
Sep 6 - Got email that my eligibility to Sponsor has been approved
Sep 12 - File transferred to NDVO
Sep 15 - Medicals Done
Sep 17 - Medical Status received in CIC website
Sep 18 - CIC website status 'Started Processing' by (NDVO)

Please tell me how much time it will take from here on. I am unable to link the application to online account. I already raised two Case Specic Enquiries and just got generic response that either I entered details incorrectly or details are not yet uploaded in system or technical issue at their end. Any help is much appreciated... !!! Are the timelines usual? Should I contact NDVO to understand the status? Is there a number to contact them?

Status as per CIC website:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 17, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on September 18, 2017.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Thanks,
Vignesh.
Hello Vignesh,

You can go through this link for linking your application:-

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mycic-link-application-issue.443957/

Well from here, you will most probably have to wait to hear anything from NDVO (unless you relentlessly file for your kids TRV's even after getting rejections )

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Hi Vignesh,

Would you mind sharing this information, where you got this type of info "Sep 18 - CIC website status 'Started Processing' by (NDVO)". My kids medical received by them in mid July 2017 and till now I am waiting.

I would like to know whether my file reached NDVO or not. Thanks in advance

Manish
papmanindia@gmail.com

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015

gaurav202

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi All,
Please advise how much time NDVO takes to return the passport with COPR. I submitted on 8th Nov to VFS, Still waiting for the same.

Regards
Gaurav

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Please advise how much time NDVO takes to return the passport with COPR. I submitted on 8th Nov to VFS, Still waiting for the same.

Regards
Gaurav
Hi Gaurav,

From the spousal forum, have an idea that they take roughly between 15 days to a month, but in some cases ,very few, it took 2 months. You should be getting urs maybe in the last week of Nov.

gaurav202

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi Gaurav,

From the spousal forum, have an idea that they take roughly between 15 days to a month, but in some cases ,very few, it took 2 months. You should be getting urs maybe in the last week of Nov.
Thanks Amit

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
I have applied sponsorship for my twins in August... completed medicals and aor2 received in October..
last week I applied for their TRV online.. approved and passport sent to ndvo by vfs..

I will bring them to Canada soon... hopefully I will be able to finalize their PR landing here in Canada itself.. seniors shed the light

flight75

Oct 8, 2017
I have applied sponsorship for my twins in August... completed medicals and aor2 received in October..
last week I applied for their TRV online.. approved and passport sent to ndvo by vfs..

I will bring them to Canada soon... hopefully I will be able to finalize their PR landing here in Canada itself.. seniors shed the light
That's excellent. Congratulations! Did you apply on your own or used a lawyer?

flight75

Oct 8, 2017
That's excellent. Congratulations! Did you apply on your own or used a lawyer?
In additio

In addition I was talking to one of the lawyers, the landing formalities can be completed in Canada itself if PR is approved before their TRV expires.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes applied on my own.
Congrats Guelphmm !! So a couple of questions here,

1. did you show the return air tickets for your minors?

2. Did you put a cover letter explaining the situation?

3. Do you have any idea for what period will the TRV granted? 6 months/ a year?

flight75

Oct 8, 2017
Yes applied on my own.
So did you apply using two separate applications or added both of them in one application as family members. Another question if you applied using two separate applications, you can apply the second one only after the first application is submitted, is that right?

flight75

Oct 8, 2017
Congrats Guelphmm !! So a couple of questions here,

1. did you show the return air tickets for your minors?

2. Did you put a cover letter explaining the situation?

3. Do you have any idea for what period will the TRV granted? 6 months/ a year?

I can try answering Amit:

1. Return tickets are not mandatory for TRV. I checked with the lawyer.
2. There is an invitation letter(required) from host and letter of explanation(optional). The situation can be explained there. In addition, UCI will be same for PR and TRV for each applicant so anyway they will come to know that PR app is in process.
3. As far as I know TRV stay can only be for 6 months and generally valid for 10 years. However there is a process to get it extended if the person wants to stay continuously after 6 months. Extension needs to be applied at least one month prior to the expiry.