+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update : Received AOR's , linked application, seems Mississauga office is running slow, any updates fellows ??

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update : Received AOR's , linked application, seems Mississauga office is running slow, any updates fellows ??

Update : I got the Medical request, sponsorship approval and Schedule A updation intimation all together in just 1.5 month of submitting the file !! that seems Super fast !!

Chy_09

Jun 2, 2017
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 18, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on February 13, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Anyone knows what happens next? I just submitted my medical last april and they received my medical by the end of april. It's been a month I hope nothing is wrong ...

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 18, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on February 13, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Anyone knows what happens next? I just submitted my medical last april and they received my medical by the end of april. It's been a month I hope nothing is wrong ...
Have you applied for your dependent Child sponsorship?

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, my dad was approved to sponsor me.
Oh ok , I believe the next call would be of Passport request, can take kind of 2-3 months, but if we go by the processing times listed on CIC its 18 months, again on the forum I see a couple of of cases getting cleared in 4-5 months...

Chy_09

Jun 2, 2017
Oh ok , I believe the next call would be of Passport request, can take kind of 2-3 months, but if we go by the processing times listed on CIC its 18 months, again on the forum I see a couple of of cases getting cleared in 4-5 months...
oh thank you so much for answering...

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all,
We submitted an application to sponsor my husband's daughter and my husband was approved to sponsor (I am the co-signer).

Question: is it possible to link an application for a dependant child? If so, I understand it's via an online bank account. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. With my step-daughter abroad, can I link the account through my online banking even though she is the applicant.

I hope this isn't too confusing! Thanks! :)

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Hi all,
We submitted an application to sponsor my husband's daughter and my husband was approved to sponsor (I am the co-signer).

Question: is it possible to link an application for a dependant child? If so, I understand it's via an online bank account. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. With my step-daughter abroad, can I link the account through my online banking even though she is the applicant.

I hope this isn't too confusing! Thanks! :)
yes, it is. you can use online bank account or create an account to register for gckey. Then link it to your step daughter's application.
in my case, i created an account then linked it to my new born baby's application file.

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Hi everyone. My husband and I sent in an application to sponsor my husband's dependant son living in Cuba November 2016. We were approved as sponsors and the file has been transferred to Mexico City. Son did his medical in Havana September 2016.
The updates read as this:
1.We received your application for PR November 16 2016.
2.We started processing your application March 31,2017
3. Medical Results recieved.
How much longer done have to wait? This is heartbreaking being separated

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Hi everyone. My husband and I sent in an application to sponsor my husband's dependant son living in Cuba November 2016. We were approved as sponsors and the file has been transferred to Mexico City. Son did his medical in Havana September 2016.
The updates read as this:
1.We received your application for PR November 16 2016.
2.We started processing your application March 31,2017
3. Medical Results recieved.
How much longer done have to wait? This is heartbreaking being separated
it might depend on the visa office. from what people said, it takes about 6-12 months.
here is my timeline for Manila visa office.
App received: 15 Feb 2017
DM: 13 June 2017
PPR email: 14 June 2017

Reactions: localola

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it might depend on the visa office. from what people said, it takes about 6-12 months.
here is my timeline for Manila visa office.
App received: 15 Feb 2017
DM: 13 June 2017
PPR email: 14 June 2017
Yes it depends on the visa office, but the processing times are much more as compared to the fact that many dependent child cases are been processed faster,

My case :

Submitted application on April 25th for my twin children....
Received Sponsorship Approval, Schedule A and Medical request on May 30th.....
Medicals passed and updated on June 9th........
Schedule A mailed on June 9th and updated on June 12th.......
Case transferred to New Delhi visa office on June 14th....
Waiting for PPR !!
So basically got all these in less than 2 months, which according to me is amazing and beyond expectations !!

Reactions: localola

baadshah8464

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Iam a Canadian PR
Please help information regarding Add my newborn child information in my wife case.
I just sponsor my wife from outside canada just couple of month before .
Now she become mother and delivered a baby boy last week.
Now i request all of you kinldy advise me step by step procedure,and details of all forms i need to submit
to CIC to add information regarding my newborn child in my wife sponsorship case which is already in process.
Thank in advance for any information sharing

CanadaResident1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi All,

I am sponsoring for my son(6 months old). Got AOR from New Delhi Visa office. It is said to submit the receipt copy of Right of Permanent Resident Fee and Police Certificate. In my case, as I am applying for 6 months old baby, I understand that it is not needed to submit these. My doubt is, should I leave without replying to this email or respond to Visa Office stating that the applicant is a dependent child aged less than 18 years.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance. :)