17-9-2013
Med's Done....
2-10-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2013 (PPR1) / 07-01-14 (PPR2)
fsarosh said:

........ I left from Karachi by emirates and i would advise to all not to take Emirates for their journey. It's just a “Oonchee Dukaan & Pheeka Pakwaan”. Their services and the rude attitude of their staff was very painful not only for me but for the passengers on board...............

Congratulation on your safe and successfull landing and many thanks for such detailed information.

Can you please eloborate what difficulties you face while travelling with Emirites or it was just the rude behaviour of the staff, which was the problem.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Thanks fsarosh for your detailed account. I believe the temperature at Pearson International Airport is regulated. So when you said -20 you meant temperature outside the premises of Airport? The reason I am asking is because I am planning to keep my winter jacket in my luggage. Appreciate your input. Thanks.

fsarosh said:

..... when i landed on Toronto airport the first thing which hit me the most was the temperature. It was -20 degrees over there and my bones were chilling. Anyone who is planning to land here shortly and can extend his departure is strongly advised to do so because the winter is very very painful here and there is snowfall and fast winds which turns very problematic for us as newcomers.........

I think this would help you people a lot but even now, if someone wants to ask any question, just let me know and i will be pleased to help you if i can. Best of luck to all of you.

nadeemismaili

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/12/2009
AOR Received.
18/08/2011
IELTS Request
All Sent together
File Transfer...
18/02/2010
Med's Request
08/03/2012, Re-Medical-Request: 13/DEC/2013
Med's Done....
17/04/2012, Sent: 13/JAN/2014
Interview........
waived !Inshallah
Passport Req..
04/02/2014
Dear All,

Anybody on this forum, have experienced 3rd time Medical request or 2nd is the maximum they can request.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
fsarosh said:

Assalam O Alaikum All, I am a 6-12 months letter holder and an active reader of this forum. By the grace of Allah, i have successfully landed in Toronto on the few days back. Let me share my travelling experiences with you so that those who are planning to land here shortly can use my experience for them. I left from Karachi by emirates and i would advise to all not to take Emirates for their journey. It's just a “Oonchee Dukaan & Pheeka Pakwaan”. Their services and the rude attitude of their staff was very painful not only for me but for the passengers on board.
Now, when i landed on Toronto airport the first thing which hit me the most was the temperature. It was -20 degrees over there and my bones were chilling. Anyone who is planning to land here shortly and can extend his departure is strongly advised to do so because the winter is very very painful here and there is snowfall and fast winds which turns very problematic for us as newcomers.
Anyhow, after coming out of the plane i headed towards the immigration counter. The person over there checked my immigration card (which the airline crew provided us in the plane) and put a diagonal line on both sides of it with a pink colored highlighter and written some code words on it. Then he asked me to proceed to the immigration office. Over there, the person took my COPR and asked few questions like if was ever arrested or involved in any crime anywhere, if it was my first visit to Canada etc etc and obviously i replied “no” on every question. Then he asked me how much funds i was carrying and trusted on whatever figure i told him and did not requested the physical check. After completing his formalities and completing the questions, he asked me to sign the COPR on two places and welcomed me and asked me to proceed to another counter. On that counter they provided me some printed material (information for new comers). Afterwards, i went to another counter and they issued me my SIN number and informed that the SIN card will be mailed on the given address within 15-20 days.
Finally, i collected my baggage and thought it was all over but just before the exit, a custom officer checked the immigration card and when saw the pink highlighted line on the custom's declaration card asked me to go for a baggage check because i was carrying more than $10000.
I informed that custom officer about the details of my funds like the details of the bank draft and the amount carried in cash and then he asked me to sign a paper and when i signed it, he said “good luck” and i came out of the airport and finally, i was a newly landed immigrant of Canada.
Now, some tips for the people who planning to land here in the future.
1- Avoid landing in the winter
2- Those who have family (specially kids) must come here alone first and arrange their job and a home and then call their families no matter how much money they have.
3- If you are landing in the winter, bring clothing from there for the initial days but buy the rest from here as proper clothing suitable for the local weather is only available here.
4- Open a bank account in Canada as soon as you land here as it would be your proof of address as well as it would be used to credit salary and other amounts etc
I think this would help you people a lot but even now, if someone wants to ask any question, just let me know and i will be pleased to help you if i can. Best of luck to all of you.

Thanks for this information.... :)

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
jadedGeek said:
Dear All,

Alhumdulilah - i have got the visa. I thank you all for the prayers.
Congrats and best of luck...

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
fsarosh said:

Assalam O Alaikum All, I am a 6-12 months letter holder and an active reader of this forum. By the grace of Allah, i have successfully landed in Toronto on the few days back. Let me share my travelling experiences with you so that those who are planning to land here shortly can use my experience for them. I left from Karachi by emirates and i would advise to all not to take Emirates for their journey. It's just a “Oonchee Dukaan & Pheeka Pakwaan”. Their services and the rude attitude of their staff was very painful not only for me but for the passengers on board.
Now, when i landed on Toronto airport the first thing which hit me the most was the temperature. It was -20 degrees over there and my bones were chilling. Anyone who is planning to land here shortly and can extend his departure is strongly advised to do so because the winter is very very painful here and there is snowfall and fast winds which turns very problematic for us as newcomers.
Anyhow, after coming out of the plane i headed towards the immigration counter. The person over there checked my immigration card (which the airline crew provided us in the plane) and put a diagonal line on both sides of it with a pink colored highlighter and written some code words on it. Then he asked me to proceed to the immigration office. Over there, the person took my COPR and asked few questions like if was ever arrested or involved in any crime anywhere, if it was my first visit to Canada etc etc and obviously i replied “no” on every question. Then he asked me how much funds i was carrying and trusted on whatever figure i told him and did not requested the physical check. After completing his formalities and completing the questions, he asked me to sign the COPR on two places and welcomed me and asked me to proceed to another counter. On that counter they provided me some printed material (information for new comers). Afterwards, i went to another counter and they issued me my SIN number and informed that the SIN card will be mailed on the given address within 15-20 days.
Finally, i collected my baggage and thought it was all over but just before the exit, a custom officer checked the immigration card and when saw the pink highlighted line on the custom's declaration card asked me to go for a baggage check because i was carrying more than $10000.
I informed that custom officer about the details of my funds like the details of the bank draft and the amount carried in cash and then he asked me to sign a paper and when i signed it, he said “good luck” and i came out of the airport and finally, i was a newly landed immigrant of Canada.
2- Those who have family (specially kids) must come here alone first and arrange their job and a home and then call their families no matter how much money they have.
3- If you are landing in the winter, bring clothing from there for the initial days but buy the rest from here as proper clothing suitable for the local weather is only available here.
4- Open a bank account in Canada as soon as you land here as it would be your proof of address as well as it would be used to credit salary and other amounts etc

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

sheeno1

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2010
Doc's Request.
APR-2010
Med's Request
24 Dec-13
Passport Req..
10-Feb '14
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar '14
jadedGeek said:
Dear All,

Many many congratulations, wish u all the best

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
fsarosh said:

Sir

I wish you a blessed and successful life ahead - Thank you for sharing this valuable information

Stay Blessed - Ameen

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sohaib said:
AoA,

Did anybody check his status today. I tried but link is down. Isn't it?

Regards,
Sohaib
Sir

CIC web page is having technical problems.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jadedGeek said:
Dear All,

Sir

Congratulations , have a blessed life ahead - Ameen

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nadiaa said:
Congratulation on your safe and successfull landing and many thanks for such detailed information.

Can you please eloborate what difficulties you face while travelling with Emirites or it was just the rude behaviour of the staff, which was the problem.
Dear Nadiaa

If any one is not a frequent traveler , I would always suggest PIA to them.
If any one wishes to have a stopover in Dubai / UAE , then emirates / etihaad are options

Stay Blessed

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
May2010applicant said:
Thanks fsarosh for your detailed account. I believe the temperature at Pearson International Airport is regulated. So when you said -20 you meant temperature outside the premises of Airport? The reason I am asking is because I am planning to keep my winter jacket in my luggage. Appreciate your input. Thanks.
of course brother you are right...
do you think the immigration officers are sitting in -10 or -20 temp and working with gloves and wearing a winter coat.... :) ;) :D ;D

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
msaeed said:
Sir

CIC web page is having technical problems.
Looks they are upgrading their system or could be server down....
even I can not see the option to enter my details to check e-CAS

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Pls guide accordingly

i receive request earlier for Proof of liquid funds 20750 CAD

now can i send balance certificate of bank statment of 3 months would be enough ?
is that mean the balance shouldnt fall less than CIC requirement of CAD 20750?

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
jamy said:
Pls guide accordingly

i receive request earlier for Proof of liquid funds 20750 CAD

now can i send balance certificate of bank statment of 3 months would be enough ?
is that mean the balance shouldnt fall less than CIC requirement of CAD 20750?
if they have mentioned clearly that a 6 months bank statement required then you must submit the 6 months otherwise a bank certificate should be enough