+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Remeds got approved today!
Hoping for PPR soon! (it's been soooo long....20 months..)

Jag9315

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
First time in 26 months i got a ghost update

Your applicant is taking us longer then usual to process

Last edited:

evanzh87

Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-02-2018
It's been 11 months since AOR and 16 days after MEP(Re-med). Still in this endless terrible waiting game...

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
hello everyone. my file was in security screening for 9 months.

anyone knows if once you get remedical request, does this mean your security screening is complete?
Hello, how can you tell through gcms that your file is in SS. I ordered gcms and I am wondering how to tell. How did you know you were in SS

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
first three activities will be blank
When you mean blank, you mean no name and nothing written at all?. For me first three lines were empty then in activity 1 the last three lines stated elligibility under review. Then activity 2 said secutity not started and three criminality not started. So if you are in SS nothing shows at all, including your name and whether Security or criminality has started?

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Dear Matt,

IS CSIS INCAPABLE OF MAINTAINING A DIRECT LINK WITH IRCC? WHY IS CBSA NECESSARY FOR LINKING IRCC AND CSIS?

CBSA (AND NOT CSIS) IS ''RESPONSIBLE'' for 3 COMPONENTS OF ADMISSIBILITY: 1 SECURITY (Sec A34 IRPA) · 2 ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY ( Sec A37 IRPA)· human or international rights violations (Sec A35 IRPA).
And this is the reason, all requests of security screenings by IRCC are submitted to CBSA through GCMS, and CSIS then conducts the screening on request of CBSA.

As per the guideline of CIC (the link is mentioned below, if you care to/want to read it), "permitting Canada to pursue the maximum social, cultural and economic benefits of immigration, protecting the health and safety of Canadians and maintaining the security of Canadian society are important objectives of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA or the Act)".

This protection of health, safety and security of the Canadian society is controlled by s 33-41 of the IRPA.

According to sec 33 of the act: inadmissibility can be related to: · criminality; section A36 · organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35· health; Sec A38 · financial reasons; · misrepresentation; · non-compliance with Act; · inadmissible family members (sec A39-41).

Now, as per this manual/guideline of CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf), CBSA has policy responsibility for organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35. And this is the reason, IRCC send requests of security screenings to CBSA through GCMS. CBSA can forward to either CSIS or any other agency it deems necessary for conductinng additional verifications. I believe, in some instances CBSA itself can also be doing verifications directly.

This guideline of IRCC states that ‘’Security screening pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA 4.1 Mandate of the National Security Screening Division, CBSA The National Security Screening Division (NSSD) of the International Operations Directorate of CBSA conducts security screening in the context of applications for temporary residence visas, applications for permanent residence visas and claims for refugee protection. In this context only, NSSD provides recommendations on admissibility on national security cases related to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA as follows: Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section The Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section (SSIA) within NSSD is the primary point of contact at the CBSA for all operational screening-related issues pertaining to security screening of applications for permanent residence pursuant to sections(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 or IRPA. Officers who suspect that an applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA, but need additional information to make a determination, should send the case to SSIA for in-depth security screening via the Global Case Management System (GCMS) for overseas cases as per the instructions in the Immigration Control (IC) Manual – Chapter 1: Security Screening of Permanent Residence Applications. When sending a case for security screening, officers should include as much information as possible, including details on adverse information. Pg17

The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to organized criminality [A37]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg 18

Security The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to security and espionage[A34]. For assistance in the context of security screening referrals, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg21

Human or international rights violations The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to human and international rights violations [A35]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. For cases that do not fall under the purview of NSSD or if officers require general assistance in researching or obtaining additional information, they may contact the Security Intelligence Section of the IOAD via Intell_Security-Rens_Securite@cbsaasfc.gc.ca for information on section 35 of IRPA. Pg24

Medical inadmissibility CIC has the policy responsibility with respect to medical inadmissibility [A38].IRCC clears this based upon medicals submitted during EAPR.

Except for the two classes of criminality specifically relate to organized criminality (for which the CBSA has the policy responsibility); CIC has the policy responsibility for the remaining 7 classed of criminality (which are specified within the provisions of section A36). IRCC clears this based on clean PCCs that we submit during EAPR.

FINAL DECISION REGARDING ADMISSIBILITY IS UPON VISA OFFICER, BUT CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ADMISSIBILITY REPORT REGARDING SECURITY, ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. IT CAN INVOLVE CSIS OR ANY OTHER AGENCY FOR CERTIFICATIONS, BUT , at the end, CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE REPORT FOR ABOVE THREE FACETS OF ADMISSIBILITY
BEFORE IRCC CAN MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION.
Thanks for all the details !

There are two levels of security checks: comprehensive and record checking. Do you know whether it is the immigration agent or CBSA who determines which level should the application be examined at ? Thanks !

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello everyone,
I submitted e-application on July 5 and it is almost 6 months, but I have not received any reply from CIC. Based on the current status below, can you please advise? Thanks,

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the Final decision has been made

Steb1

Apr 17, 2018
Norwich, UK
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-07-2018
Hi all, I've just joined the plus 6 months club and sent a CSE yesterday for an update with the below response (came through same day). Not impressed! Haven't called or raised GCMS notes, yet. Timeline in signature.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hello everyone,
I submitted e-application on July 5 and it is almost 6 months, but I have not received any reply from CIC. Based on the current status below, can you please advise? Thanks,

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the Final decision has been made
You are most probably in ip2 stage....PR might be around the corner....
Request GCMS notes to find out what exactly is happening with your file....

Reactions: Jamiez04

minnesotawolf

Mar 6, 2017
You are most probably in ip2 stage....PR might be around the corner....
Request GCMS notes to find out what exactly is happening with your file....
My application status has exactly the same log. I submitted mine in May and it has been more than 7 months by now. Any idea if i am possibly selected for security screening?

Jag9315

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
My application status has exactly the same log. I submitted mine in May and it has been more than 7 months by now. Any idea if i am possibly selected for security screening?
I have the same logs bro in the starting of the couple of months ,,not to break your hopes i m in 27 months so far ,,

Jag9315

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have the same logs bro in the starting of the couple of months ,,not to break your hopes i m in 27 months so far ,,