+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Few of us has this problem. My file is still with CSIS as per March 5, 2018. When you got completed status with CSIS? My file went to them at July 27, 2017.
fax them and ask about your status. I get CSIS notes later and it seems they finished my case exactly the same date I send them a fax,

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fax them and ask about your status. I get CSIS notes later and it seems they finished my case exactly the same date I send them a fax,
What you wrote in your fax?

joanna9125

Mar 24, 2018
No unfortunately i am outlnder and as per my notes my medical is expired. And can not contact any MP.
You are absolutely right calling or emailing them is useless. But i did email the minister 3 days back though i am not expecting anything from that but still i thought of conveying his office that i am stuck for almost 15 months.
One of my friends wrote to the minister of immigration and got an "official reply" which he believed should be the same for all people except the name. So do not expect too much.

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Few of us has this problem. My file is still with CSIS as per March 5, 2018. When you got completed status with CSIS? My file went to them at July 27, 2017.
CSIS sent me a report that indicated my file was "completed" as of October 2017.

joanna9125

Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just got off the phone with the MP office. They have talked to IRCC about my file and are told that their "partner agency" is done with my file, and that we can expect a decision on the file by the end of March. Do you think they are referring to CBSA? Does this mean that my security screening is over?
How can they know the status in CSIS? My MP told me CIC won't tell them further information for security screening.:(

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the inquiry report from CSIS, which says my file is in "In Progress" @march 5, 2018.

How can they know the status in CSIS? My MP told me CIC won't tell them further information for security screening.:(
As an Inland applicant you can apply for GCMS note from CSIS under privacy act. They will mail (not email) you with your status.

Reactions: expapp123

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I got the inquiry report from CSIS, which says my file is in "In Progress" @march 5, 2018.

As an Inland applicant you can apply for GCMS note from CSIS under privacy act. They will mail (not email) you with your status.
as I said fax them not ATIP. it seems when you fax them they go an finish your stuff.

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I guess they will only disclose information about your security status when it is completed. If the checks are still ongoing, they'd say that they cannot provide more answers. In other words, you'd only get a response once you get security clearance. Or at least this is how I think it is.

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hello All,

I need advice regarding Notes.

Long story short: I just want to know if my spouse is under SS to make life plans accordingly.

Long story: My husband is Iranian and the day we hit IP2 (about 2 weeks and a half ago) he was requested CV and Supplementary Information form for Students. He has no links to government agencies in Iran or Military History. He finished his master’s degree in the US in Civil Engineering.

I ordered GMCS notes last week but I have been reading that notes do not show SS info anymore, therefor a person will not know if he/she has been sent for SS. We do not mind waiting an additional year or so in the process but we would like to know if this is going to take another year to make plans accordingly (living arrangements, OPT extensions, job decisions, travel plans, etc)

Should I go ahead and request CSIS and CBSA notes even though I don’t know if we are in SS? is it too early and it wont show even if he is under SS?

I have seen twice already that some people who ordered CBSA notes received just one sheet of paper showing two rows of information not detailing anything. Any ideas of why those people received that?

Any advice is appreciated!

Good luck to all! Thanks!

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Hello All,

Long story short: I just want to know if my spouse is under SS to make life plans accordingly.

Long story: My husband is Iranian and the day we hit IP2 (about 2 weeks and a half ago) he was requested CV and Supplementary Information form for Students. He has no links to government agencies in Iran or Military History. He finished his master’s degree in the US in Civil Engineering.

I ordered GMCS notes last week but I have been reading that notes do not show SS info anymore, therefor a person will not know if he/she has been sent for SS. We do not mind waiting an additional year or so in the process but we would like to know if this is going to take another year to make plans accordingly (living arrangements, OPT extensions, job decisions, travel plans, etc)

Should I go ahead and request CSIS and CBSA notes even though I don’t know if we are in SS? is it too early and it wont show even if he is under SS?

I have seen twice already that some people who ordered CBSA notes received just one sheet of paper showing two rows of information not detailing anything. Any ideas of why those people received that?

You will still be able to confirm SS from the notes though, if you have 3 redacted activities of your spouse + one security activity, then he should be under SS!

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Hello All,

Send an email to your visa office, requesting an update on your application. If you do not know your visa office then send e-mail to CPC-Ottawa and they will tell you about your visa office. Your visa office isn't necessarily where you are living. Once you send an email (remember to mention primary applicant's Name, DOB, EE number, UCI) they will respond with a standard reply:

1. Your application is undergoing additional background checks. Process timeline will be outside of standard time.

If you get reply like above ("additional background checks") then you or your spouse is under SS.

If you get some other reply then it is not SS.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
I think I'm about to go crazy. D:
I'm an Inland Applicant and received AOR on Feb 20, 2017. I have been stuck with security check since August in 2017. But the thing is I'm from a low risk country, without much travel history, graduated from UBC, have a regular office job, AND single.
And the punchline is: I applied Open Bridge Work Permit twice and they BOTH got rejected. The first officer didn't offer any specific reason. The second refusal reads that my work permit had expired by the time that I submitted my second application (obviously).
According to the GMC notes, my security check changed from IP2 to Information Sharing in December.
Can someone please offer some information how falling out of status is going to affect a pending permanent residence application?
Maybe you are in security screening?

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Many thanks Maged!
Yes, confirmed by 2 sets of notes!
I even got the second set notes on 12th of December still clearly showing 3 ss activities, despite the fact that they have started to redact ss entries in all notes issued the beginning of December onwards!
Did you ever order CBSA notes?
What i see from your message that 12th December notes contained only 3 SS activities up to mid of December and in January you got PPR.
So number of SS activities are not important.
Did you receive any other notes after 12th December 2017?

Reactions: AFUA2017

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hello guys,

As I posted on the other day, I got a reply from CSIS stating that my SS is done in DEC 2016.

I also received a letter from CBSA today returning to my request in regards to 'Information and status of security screening for PR application pertaining to ___(my name)'.

The letter says;
Request disposition - does not exist
Comments - you may wish to seek this information from IRCC/CSIS. Although we may be implicated in the final security decision somewhere down the line, CBS does not currently hold records relevant to your request.

So here's my question,
Did I request to the wrong agency? Or does this mean I didn't go through CBSA?

I'm confused what this letter implies...

Cuz apparently CSIS letter says their role is 'to provide advice to IRCC through the CBSA'.
is there any update in your case?