+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Adin.blr

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
@Adin.blr, Congratulations!

Well done! You really did a great job to get your PPR. I thought multiple enquiries would be annoying and could cause further delay or trouble, but your case proves it otherwise. 8)
Absolutely, I was extremely scared and hesitant to call them so frequently.But like I said, I did not find any clue whatsoever that they are aware of my previous calls.
It may not be the same case for e-mails though.But no harm in calling them a few times to build some concrete info and then using this info to draft a more relevant e-mail.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Adin.blr said:
Hello Folks,

Got the PPR guys!!!! Finally...
Congratulations adin.blr!! I'm going to follow your advice and contact them again today. Let me also drop an email to them with URGENT in the subject!

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taekwondo said:
Looks like we are in the same boat ...the agent told me the same thing ...my file is also still in Ottawa and not with NDVO ...I have completed 9 months today ..I don't know what's so special with our case ...waiting for my GCMS ( applied on 4th May) to see what are they doing with my case.

Stay in touch buddy and please update me in case you get any information !!
Hope the PPR God will soon shower some mercy on people in this thread :p
May be we need to get in touch with few other agents to know if our file is really at Ottawa, as mentioned by Adin.blr I would not trust one agent saying file is at Ottawa.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Adin.blr said:
I personally used to be believe that everything is done efficiently and that was the reason I never contacted them until my file crossed 6 months. But with my own experience I am now inclined to believe that things may not be as efficient as one assumes them to be. Especially the information sharing aspect of it (MyCIC isn't updated with accurate info, call centre agents do not have access to much info, PPRs that are sent but never received, file transfer between VOs, some people receiving multiple requests for docs that they already submitted, some GCMS notes showing no action taken for several months, extremely late rejections etc). I am confident that this will all improve in the coming years. This online application management system is still comparatively new (and better than the old system).

Going to submit my passport tomorrow. Hopefully no obstacles this time.
So... NDVO wasn't the one who issued your PPR? You got it straight from Ottawa?

My case is different. 2 different call center agents in Ottawa that I spoke to told me that my file was transferred to Pretoria VO in Dec 2015 itself. Plus, the first set of GCMS notes also shows that the file is in Pretoria since Dec 2015. It is just these lazy gooses here who aren't doing anything or sharing any kind of update for 5+ months now!

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musikwala said:

My case is different. 2 different call center agents in Ottawa that I spoke to told me that my file was transferred to Pretoria VO in Dec 2015 itself. Plus, the first set of GCMS notes also shows that the file is in Pretoria since Dec 2015. It is just these lazy gooses here who aren't doing anything or sharing any kind of update for 5+ months now!
Even am wondering if PPR would come from Ottawa or LVO? If it has to be Ottawa or LVO that means the file should be at Ottawa or LVO just before PPR respectively.

Do we have clarity on this piece if PPR will come from Ottawa or LVO and the final location of file before PPR?

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adin.blr said:
Absolutely, I was extremely scared and hesitant to call them so frequently.But like I said, I did not find any clue whatsoever that they are aware of my previous calls.
It may not be the same case for e-mails though.But no harm in calling them a few times to build some concrete info and then using this info to draft a more relevant e-mail.
Congrats Adin.blr; that means your PPR came from Ottawa.

Can it be said that its not necessary that file would be sent to LVO and they would issue PPR?

Adin.blr

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musikwala said:

Yes. My PPR was issued by Ottawa and not NDVO. Not sure if that is the standard. Only GCMS can now confirm who gave me the correct info, NDVO or 1st 3 CIC call centre agents.

If your GCMS and agents both confirm file is in Pretoria then that is the truth. Try to make a few more calls (to both VOs) and find out if the file was transferred after the processing was completed. If so, send Pretoria an e-mail with URGENT and Application number in subject line and wait for 3 days (do not hesitate to quote what CIC agents have informed you). Hopefully, the URGENT filter works the same way for Pretoria too. If they do not respond, use that as an excuse to contact CPC Ottawa that you have not received any support or directions from your local VO for 5 months and thus you are basically out of options and are relying on CPC Ottawa to provide you much needed insights.

None of this may return any results. But hey, it worked for me and I was shocked by the result I got. I hope it helps others too.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
@Adin.blr, Congratulations!

Well done! You really did a great job to get your PPR. I thought multiple enquiries would be annoying and could cause further delay or trouble, but your case proves it otherwise. 8)
Its our right to know the status of our application. CIC mentions if your application crossed 6 months timeline then you should contact us, if agents are not sharing the full/correct information then our only option is to get in touch via email.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Adin.blr said:
Yes. My PPR was issued by Ottawa and not NDVO. Not sure if that is the standard. Only GCMS can now confirm who gave me the correct info, NDVO or 1st 3 CIC call centre agents.

If your GCMS and agents both confirm file is in Pretoria then that is the truth. Try to make a few more calls (to both VOs) and find out if the file was transferred after the processing was completed. If so, send Pretoria an e-mail with URGENT and Application number in subject line and wait for 3 days (do not hesitate to quote what CIC agents have informed you). Hopefully, the URGENT filter works the same way for Pretoria too. If they do not respond, use that as an excuse to contact CPC Ottawa that you have not received any support or directions from your local VO for 5 months and thus you are basically out of options and are relying on CPC Ottawa to provide you much needed insights.

None of this may return any results. But hey, it worked for me and I was shocked by the result I got. I hope it helps others too.
+1 for this, give it a shot, Musikwala...you have nothing to lose. I suppose there's also a good reason Ottawa is still listed as your secondary office.

BTW, the PPR seems to be issued by the processing VO. I noticed that the content of the PPR letter and requirements also vary from office to office. Like Accra VO only lets you submit in 15 days, Ottawa requires only 6 months validity of passport, Manila requires 12 months validity of passport....

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Adin.blr said:
3) 1st call to NDVO : I was told that I need to wait for the e-mail reply.
5) 2nd call to NDVO : this time asked the call centre agent the process to internally mark my request as High priority. She informed me to add "URGENT" in the subject line.
7) Sent another e-mail to NDVO May 24th with "URGENT" in the subject line. Got reply from NDVO on May 25th. Contrary to what the previous 3 CIC call centre agents stated, NDVO very clearly stated in their reply that application is not with them. "As your application is in progress at the visa office in cpc ottawa you will have to contact that visa office for any information on your application."
I tried dialing NDVO's number but when I selected the option to look up the status of the application it didn't connect me to anyone, it just kept on playing the IVR that mentioned something like that applications under process will not be entertained over phone - either send fax or email. I have already dropped them an email 2 weeks back and haven't heard anything on that. Also dropped one with URGENT in subject - let's see if they show some urgency to respond or not.

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Musikwala said:

i am in a similar situation, file is lying in abu dhabi from december, the only thing they did was BG checks as its still in progress since march 17th....

and asked for saudi pcc original on april 17h which i sent but after that nothing at all.

hope they remember us now.....

they are processing files and ppl are getting PR from jan and feb aor ,

but who have crossed 6 months they are not bothering i guess

Adin.blr

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiyakam said:
I tried dialing NDVO's number but when I selected the option to look up the status of the application it didn't connect me to anyone, it just kept on playing the IVR that mentioned something like that applications under process will not be entertained over phone - either send fax or email. I have already dropped them an email 2 weeks back and haven't heard anything on that. Also dropped one with URGENT in subject - let's see if they show some urgency to respond or not.
Yes, They no longer provide application updates over phone call. You need to select general enquiries line (i think option was 1 and then 0). General enquiries will simply ask you to send e-mail but keep pushing them and try to get more info.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
@Adin.blr,

Would you please share your application status as per your latest GCMS notes?

Like, for me it's as:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

I'm just curious if my application is also ready and if they just forgot to send me the PPR.

Thanks!

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
Hi experts,

I ordered GCMS note 2 weeks ago and haven't received anything yet.
Please share your understanding when(at which stage) a pr outland application is transferred to local visa office?

thanks

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Adin.blr said:
Hello Folks,

Got the PPR guys!!!! Finally...

Wish everybody gets their PPR soon without any hassle.

Good luck & Cheers !!
Congrats Adin.blr ...and sincere thanks for sharing your story ...I'll try hard to contact more agents to get clear picture on my application.