+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Finally my Golden email came yesterday .So far waiting 28 months. Aor June 26 2016. My background was military, so maybe that was the case. Really painful and frustrating, but I survived
Wow congrats, and what patience...

thereishope1

Oct 22, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to chime in here after receiving PPR after Security Screening. This forum as-well as a couple more on the CANADAVISA site have been immensely helpful to me over the past couple year and half. Immigration has been a long and stressful process for me and I know a-lot of you are going through it so wanted to share my story give you some hope. Hang in there! I know it is easy to say and hard to do. I was in your position, with no hope but things did come through! So stay strong and stay put!

I applied through two streams. Initially my employer sponsored me to go through the BC PNP stream in January 2017. However, the incompetent law firm that I was being represented by applied through Paper Based Application instead of Express Entry. I called my lawyer and asked her why and she said it will not make a difference and that express entry and paper based applications get processed around the same time frame. Believing her I continued. AOR was March 31 2017 for my paper app and sometime in September I decided enough was enough and applied through Express Entry on September 23, 2017.

Luck was not favoring me and under express entry I got selected for the dreaded 'Security Screening'. My file went to CSIS on December 14th 2017 and got completed on Oct 2nd 2017. I got sent a request for remedical on Oct 2nd, redid meds on Oct 4th and received PPR on Oct 18th 2017.

All in all I waited for about 20 months from January 2017 to October 2018. 13 months out of the 20 were for Express Entry. This process has been mentally taxing, stressful and down right scary but thank god it is over!

Please reply to this thread if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer!

Regards,
ThereisHope

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to chime in here after receiving PPR after Security Screening. This forum as-well as a couple more on the CANADAVISA site have been immensely helpful to me over the past couple year and half. Immigration has been a long and stressful process for me and I know a-lot of you are going through it so wanted to share my story give you some hope. Hang in there! I know it is easy to say and hard to do. I was in your position, with no hope but things did come through! So stay strong and stay put!

I applied through two streams. Initially my employer sponsored me to go through the BC PNP stream in January 2017. However, the incompetent law firm that I was being represented by applied through Paper Based Application instead of Express Entry. I called my lawyer and asked her why and she said it will not make a difference and that express entry and paper based applications get processed around the same time frame. Believing her I continued. AOR was March 31 2017 for my paper app and sometime in September I decided enough was enough and applied through Express Entry on September 23, 2017.

Luck was not favoring me and under express entry I got selected for the dreaded 'Security Screening'. My file went to CSIS on December 14th 2017 and got completed on Oct 2nd 2017. I got sent a request for remedical on Oct 2nd, redid meds on Oct 4th and received PPR on Oct 18th 2017.

All in all I waited for about 20 months from January 2017 to October 2018. 13 months out of the 20 were for Express Entry. This process has been mentally taxing, stressful and down right scary but thank god it is over!

Please reply to this thread if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer!

Regards,
ThereisHope
Congrats

Aug 10, 2018
Hello Folks,

Regards,
ThereisHope
Congrats! I am curious about your security screening. Does it take 10 months and no updates at all during the entire period?

thereishope1

Oct 22, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Congrats! I am curious about your security screening. Does it take 10 months and no updates at all during the entire period?
Yes unfortunately if you are under security screening they don't update you. However you can order GCMS notes from CBSA to see if you are under SS. The other is to contact a local MP if you are inland.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Folks,

Regards,
ThereisHope
Congrats ThereisHope for people like us :D
Btw just wanted to point out that above your SS end date is in 2017 which should be in 2018
During your SS ordeal did you order GCMS or CBSA notes ? If yes how many ACTIVITY were blank (or under SS) for you followed by Security ?
Regarding the CSIS letter that you received what did it mention ?

Last edited:
Reactions: annevn8

thereishope1

Oct 22, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Congrats ThereiaHope for people like us :D
Btw just wanted to point out that above your SS end date is in 2017 which should be in 2018
During your SS ordeal did you order GCMS or CBSA notes ? If yes how many ACTIVITY were blank (or under SS) for you followed by Security ?
Regarding the CSIS letter that you received what did it mention ?
Yes I ordered CBSA and GCMS notes multiple times during the process. I would recommend you order CBSA notes to know if you are under security. They are uncensored and show all details. Activities 1-3 were under security screening (blank on GCMS IRCC) and 4 was 'Security' for me on CBSA notes.

CSIS letter said the following when I was under security:

CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is complete

And yes need to correct that it should be 2018!

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
So can you find out during SS if eligibility is ok? Or could you wait ten months just to be told your work experience isnt good enough?

thereishope1

Oct 22, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
So can you find out during SS if eligibility is ok? Or could you wait ten months just to be told your work experience isnt good enough?
So for you to go into SS you have to have passed eligibility under CEC. So you definitely can see that if you order gcms or cbsa notes. You dont have to wait ten months to find that out.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes I ordered CBSA and GCMS notes multiple times during the process. I would recommend you order CBSA notes to know if you are under security. They are uncensored and show all details. Activities 1-3 were under security screening (blank on GCMS IRCC) and 4 was 'Security' for me on CBSA notes.

CSIS letter said the following when I was under security:

CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is complete

And yes need to correct that it should be 2018!
Thanks for the clarification... yes I havd ordered the CBSA and CSIS notes in July and I received the exact same ACTIVITY’s in the notes and the CSIS letter had the exact same wordings.

Was your VO Calgary by any chance ?

Last edited: