+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

allwaiter

Apr 4, 2017
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
AoR: 27 Sep 2016
RCMP request: 7 Nov 2016 (last communication)
BGC: 16 Jan 2017

Almost 16 months and counting. I passed eligibility, medical and criminality based on the notes, but SS has been going on for exactly 1 year now. They extended my medicals from June 2016 to April 2018 last year.

I’m inland, CEC.

Just requested new notes from IRCC and CSIS.

What's you nationality , if oyu don't mind me asking. It seems that all iranian CEC applications are going through this extended SS.

My date are in my profile,

my AOR is OCT 27, 2016
and I am still waiting for PPR.

GS332

Jan 17, 2018
Call them. It always help the last time I called them the agent gave me a clear picture on how their system works. They assign certain number of files to each agent. And when agents log into their system a certain file number is assigned to them on daily basis. I got additional doc req on 24th oct and everything was submitted on Nov 22nd. I called to see if there is some update. Agent over phone mentioned that person whose working on my file has some date of Jan to review the docs. If i didnt hear back by end of Jan i should call them.
Thank u so much, m gonna call them now Nd let u know what they say. I appreciate ur help

cr1ms0n

Jan 17, 2018
What's you nationality , if oyu don't mind me asking. It seems that all iranian CEC applications are going through this extended SS.

My date are in my profile,

my AOR is OCT 27, 2016
and I am still waiting for PPR.
Yes, I'm Iranian, living in Canada since 2013.
Do you know any Iranians who got their PPR recently through CEC? What are we looking at here? 1.5 years? 2 years? 4 years?

allwaiter

Apr 4, 2017
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
Yes, I'm Iranian, living in Canada since 2013.
Do you know any Iranians who got their PPR recently through CEC? What are we looking at here? 1.5 years? 2 years? 4 years?
I know a case who got PPR after 15 months, but not too recent. Unfortunately, all other cases I know are in the same boat. at least they all have passed a year.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Call them. It always help the last time I called them the agent gave me a clear picture on how their system works. They assign certain number of files to each agent. And when agents log into their system a certain file number is assigned to them on daily basis. I got additional doc req on 24th oct and everything was submitted on Nov 22nd. I called to see if there is some update. Agent over phone mentioned that person whose working on my file has some date of Jan to review the docs. If i didnt hear back by end of Jan i should call them.
over the months they said myriad of excuses/allegations to all of us, none, NONE = ZERO, of them are truthful nor useful

they're just that disrespectful and incompetent

jsong

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-06-2018
over the months they said myriad of excuses/allegations to all of us, none, NONE = ZERO, of them are truthful nor useful

they're just that disrespectful and incompetent
I have to agree with you. As sad as it sounds, I feel like most of call center agents are very incompetent. Some of them are very nice and empathetic, but there are others who are extremely rude and like to play power game with you. If you think about it, we spend a lot of money on immigration processes and pay taxes. it is very unfortunate for a lot of people to think that immigrants, who can support themselves and contribute to society, have to suck it up because Canada is doing a favor. In reality, it is a bidirectional relationship, benefiting both sides.

Just a vent from someone who has been living in Canada for 13 years, obtained secondary and post secondary degrees, and currently paying tax to government, but apparently am a threat to this society for an unknown reason because my application has been stuck in SS for over 6 months and over 1 year since AOR.

Last edited:

GS332

Jan 17, 2018
HI, I just called cic they said my application is still in process. But good news is that my back ground check has been completed but my spouse’s back ground check is in process. He said that he will email to Ottawa office and ask them if they can make the process any faster since it has already taken double time. He also said he is not sure how long will take to be processed from now.
Thanks again!

jsong

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-06-2018
HI, I just called cic they said my application is still in process. But good news is that my back ground check has been completed but my spouse’s back ground check is in process. He said that he will email to Ottawa office and ask them if they can make the process any faster since it has already taken double time. He also said he is not sure how long will take to be processed from now.
Thanks again!

it seems like we are in the same situation. Our AOR is very close, Dec 18 2016. My file is completed and verified but my husband's is stuck at SS with CBSA due to a mandatory military service background. Does your spouse have military/government/law enforcement job background?

GS332

Jan 17, 2018
it seems like we are in the same situation. Our AOR is very close, Dec 18 2016. My file is completed and verified but my husband's is stuck at SS with CBSA due to a mandatory military service background. Does your spouse have military/government/law enforcement job background?
No he is kinda farmer, no military background

fatemeh1357

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks again!
Dear friend,

I am CEC inland, AOR: May 16 2017
CV and supplementary request : 3th November
IP2: 7th December

How I can understand that I am in Security Screening?
I heard SS takes several months.....

GS332

Jan 17, 2018
Since it has been more than six months, you can call them and ask why it is taking longer than actual processing time.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
I have to agree with you. As sad as it sounds, I feel like most of call center agents are very incompetent. Some of them are very nice and empathetic, but there are others who are extremely rude and like to play power game with you. If you think about it, we spend a lot of money on immigration processes and pay taxes. it is very unfortunate for a lot of people to think that immigrants, who can support themselves and contribute to society, have to suck it up because Canada is doing a favor. In reality, it is a bidirectional relationship, benefiting both sides.

Just a vent from someone who has been living in Canada for 13 years, obtained secondary and post secondary degrees, and currently paying tax to government, but apparently am a threat to this society for an unknown reason because my application has been stuck in SS for over 6 months and over 1 year since AOR.
Your name is in the list from below link ..

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-e-apr-submitted-in-november-2016.459415/page-511

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
AoR: 27 Sep 2016
RCMP request: 7 Nov 2016 (last communication)
BGC: 16 Jan 2017

Almost 16 months and counting. I passed eligibility, medical and criminality based on the notes, but SS has been going on for exactly 1 year now. They extended my medicals from June 2016 to April 2018 last year.

I’m inland, CEC.

Just requested new notes from IRCC and CSIS.
Please add your name to below list.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-e-apr-submitted-in-november-2016.459415/page-511