+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Honestly, calling them does not make much of a difference. I have contacted CIC on numerous occasions and even reached out the MP's office in my area in Ottawa. They will say they cannot provide an exact update on how long security screening will take as it is handled by a third party.

As frustrating as it is, it appears Security Screening can just take much longer based on our country of origin.

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, calling them does not make much of a difference. I have contacted CIC on numerous occasions and even reached out the MP's office in my area in Ottawa. They will say they cannot provide an exact update on how long security screening will take as it is handled by a third party.

As frustrating as it is, it appears Security Screening can just take much longer based on our country of origin.
Which area you are leaving? I am in Ottawa too, contacted my MP office too. Same experience. I am in my 12 months waiting stage

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Which area you are leaving? I am in Ottawa too, contacted my MP office too. Same experience. I am in my 12 months waiting stage
I am in the Centretown area I noticed you are a PNP applicant. The PNP processing time has been changed to 18 months from what I have seen

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the Centretown area I noticed you are a PNP applicant. The PNP processing time has been changed to 18 months from what I have seen
It's not true about PNP applicant. My friend got PPR by 4.5 months. He applied 2.5 months after me. It's depends on your luck. My PNP took 13 months, now CIC already took more than 11 months. My friends PNP took 16 months but he was lucky with federal application.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
It's not true about PNP applicant. My friend got PPR by 4.5 months. He applied 2.5 months after me. It's depends on your luck. My PNP took 13 months, now CIC already took more than 11 months. My friends PNP took 16 months but he was lucky with federal application.
WOW! is that OINP? BC-PNP for BC grads takes 7 days and for other employer streams takes 1-3 months in general.

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Its been almost almost 15th months since AOR and my CIC account had no updates apart from medical passed. Yesterday, there were some updates(not much though) in terms of stating : application is being processed.
Background check: Not applicable (does this mean its not the security screening that is delaying the application to finalise?)

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
My friends, PPR has arrived!!! I received it in the form of a message in mycic account.
I don't know whether this has anything to do with it, but a week ago I sent an email to VO in Vienna to enquire what happened with my meds, as they expired and the status was showing: meds not needed. Now my meds changed again to passed.
I am in a state of shock, but again things seem to be complicated. I live in UAE, but for some reason they assigned my case to Vienna (maybe because my nationality is Serbian, and applications from Serbia are processed in Vienna). In the letter they are asking me to send my passport to Vienna??? I am half across the world, why would they do that when there is a perfectly functioning VO here in Abu Dhabi. Please someone help, I don't know what to do now

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
BTW in my email I also said that I submitted all the documents and paid all fees, and I am waiting more than one year, and promised time is 6 months, and I request an explanation as to what is the problem in my application. I don't know if being direct with them like that helps, or it's just a coincidence, but it's worth trying. They also replied to this email a few hours after PPR saying my meds were extended until Jan 2019 and they attached PPR to this as well.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
BTW in my email I also said that I submitted all the documents and paid all fees, and I am waiting more than one year, and promised time is 6 months, and I request an explanation as to what is the problem in my application. I don't know if being direct with them like that helps, or it's just a coincidence, but it's worth trying. They also replied to this email a few hours after PPR saying my meds were extended until Jan 2019 and they attached PPR to this as well.

Your email grabbed them by the bawls

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!! at least gives the rest of us hopes not to give up :)

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
My friends, PPR has arrived!!! I received it in the form of a message in mycic account.
I don't know whether this has anything to do with it, but a week ago I sent an email to VO in Vienna to enquire what happened with my meds, as they expired and the status was showing: meds not needed. Now my meds changed again to passed.
I am in a state of shock, but again things seem to be complicated. I live in UAE, but for some reason they assigned my case to Vienna (maybe because my nationality is Serbian, and applications from Serbia are processed in Vienna). In the letter they are asking me to send my passport to Vienna??? I am half across the world, why would they do that when there is a perfectly functioning VO here in Abu Dhabi. Please someone help, I don't know what to do now
Congratulations. You were one of the few with eligibilty verifications and ss both. Emqil them that you are in uae and would like to submit your passport at abu dhabi vo.

Reactions: GS332 and dr@gonfly

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Congrats!! Let's stay positive guys!