+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Update on my medicals(that went to not passed around new years then passed again around january 5)I sent an email to Ottawa asking specifically about my medical situation, and they replied promptly the next day with

Please be advised that your medical examination validity has been extended to 2019/01/04.

So even though the original medical expiry was in march 2018, 3 months before the medicals expire, they reassess and may extend it a year from the day they reassessed... Which is fine with me, I need to sign a work contract, now I know exactly how much time I can for sure give to the company...
Renewals mostlly happen 3 month before expiry. If the medicals status changes to not needed on the day of expiry it means they have decided not to renew it

Reactions: summerxx

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Renewals mostlly happen 3 month before expiry. If the medicals status changes to not needed on the day of expiry it means they have decided not to renew it
So, my medical will expire in early March. Back in early Dec 2017, I noticed my cic status showed 'Updated' with no actual change. It didn't go through the 'passed'--'in review'--'passed' process. I'm not sure the status update is due to a medical extension or other stuff behind the scene. I ordered GCMS notes which should be arriving in a week or so.
Will share soon if I find any information useful.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
So, my medical will expire in early March. Back in early Dec 2017, I noticed my cic status showed 'Updated' with no actual change. It didn't go through the 'passed'--'in review'--'passed' process. I'm not sure the status update is due to a medical extension or other stuff behind the scene. I ordered GCMS notes which should be arriving in a week or so.
It is due to meds. They have renewed your meds

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
my meds were done on March 5, 2017, nothing changed though...

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Same thing happened to me, my meds also expire in Feb, so does sound like a Med extension rather than anything else.

Reactions: summerxx

songxp

Sep 27, 2017
I think once they pass the 6 months mark, they really have no incentives to process our already-late cases. Think about their goal "80% within 6 months", of course they would prioritize the cases that are still within 6 months to meet the target. Once beyond 6 months, it's like lost in limbo

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
I think once they pass the 6 months mark, they really have no incentives to process our already-late cases. Think about their goal "80% within 6 months", of course they would prioritize the cases that are still within 6 months to meet the target. Once beyond 6 months, it's like lost in limbo
Of course

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
You are right. Even the cic agent had told me the same thing. She said every agent have certain number of files assigned to him and have to complete 90% of them in 6 months. Files keep adding to his list every other week or so. Once your file has passed 6 months it is delayed and easily take upto a year.

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am a Pakistani national that has worked, and applied from within Canada. I submitted my application on April 11th 2017 and was requested an additional document that I submitted back in June. Normally from what I have seen, the Express Entry process is supposed to take on average of 5 to 6 months. I inquired about my status back on November 15th , and received the following reply.

It was received on April 11, 2017

- Eligibility has passed

- Criminality has passed

- Medicals are valid

- Security is still in process.

It has been more than 9 months since I applied now and I am I still in the Security/Background check phase. When I called CIC, they said that everything looks good with my file and that I should just stay put. They said that they can't provide any additional, detailed information as it is handled by a third party.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced, or known anyone that has experienced a background check that is taking much longer than expected?

Thanks!

jsong

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-06-2018
You are right. Even the cic agent had told me the same thing. She said every agent have certain number of files assigned to him and have to complete 90% of them in 6 months. Files keep adding to his list every other week or so. Once your file has passed 6 months it is delayed and easily take upto a year.
Yes, it does make sense. it seems most of applications are processed either in 6-7 months or over year and up, nothing in between.

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
This happened to me last week. I saw a status of 'you Action is Required'. I logged out and logged back in and the status was changed to 'Updated'. When I called CIC, they told me that they had reassessed my medical which was why the status was 'Updated'. I logged back in again and saw that the status had been changed back to Submitted

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Anyone from ndvo waiting for almost a year now or nearing completion. Can you guys suggest what happens to files nearing medical expiry.

I am awaiting notes since 70 days, and file lies with ndvo without any review.
Still at na2 and the review required was for meds for my stepson who won't accompany us.