+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Some more info on security screening I found online:

2.51 Timeliness of security screening. We also examined whether the results of the CBSA’s security screening provided to Canada-based officers are timely. We found that, for the most part, the Agency responded in a timely manner for temporary residence cases.

2.52 The temporary residence screening manual indicates that the CBSA will reply to a visa officer’s referral within 10 working days. Our file review showed that the CBSA responded to the missions within 10 working days in 80 percent of the cases. However, we found that in at least 25 percent of those cases, it had not waited for CSIS input before providing the security screening results. Therefore, the results provided to Canada-based officers did not include the CSIS review. This occurred because the CBSA’s data system automatically sends a response to the missions after 10 days, unless an analyst has put a hold on the file. We were told, however, that if a concern is identified by CSIS after 10 days, the CBSA would notify the mission to stop the visa issuance. Nevertheless, the current practice allows for the exclusion of potentially important information due to the possibility that CSIS is unable to provide a response within 10 working days.

2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.

2.54 We also reviewed a sample of 10 percent of the 72 permanent residence cases analyzed by the CBSA after CSIS had completed its review for national security concerns. In the cases we examined, we found that CSIS took an average of 34 months to provide its results to the CBSA when there was information requiring further investigation. We noted that the CBSA concurred with the advice provided by CSIS but, on average, it took an additional 9 months to send the advice to the visa officer without adding specific details about the individual.

2.55 In responding to our survey, 46 percent of the Canada-based officers indicated they were concerned with the length of time it can take to obtain information or advice from security partners. The CBSA has recognized that timeliness is a concern and, at the end of our audit, had initiated measures to improve the timeliness of its screening.

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Tocanadawego said:
Some more info on security screening I found online:

2.51 Timeliness of security screening. We also examined whether the results of the CBSA’s security screening provided to Canada-based officers are timely. We found that, for the most part, the Agency responded in a timely manner for temporary residence cases.

2.52 The temporary residence screening manual indicates that the CBSA will reply to a visa officer’s referral within 10 working days. Our file review showed that the CBSA responded to the missions within 10 working days in 80 percent of the cases. However, we found that in at least 25 percent of those cases, it had not waited for CSIS input before providing the security screening results. Therefore, the results provided to Canada-based officers did not include the CSIS review. This occurred because the CBSA’s data system automatically sends a response to the missions after 10 days, unless an analyst has put a hold on the file. We were told, however, that if a concern is identified by CSIS after 10 days, the CBSA would notify the mission to stop the visa issuance. Nevertheless, the current practice allows for the exclusion of potentially important information due to the possibility that CSIS is unable to provide a response within 10 working days.

2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.

2.54 We also reviewed a sample of 10 percent of the 72 permanent residence cases analyzed by the CBSA after CSIS had completed its review for national security concerns. In the cases we examined, we found that CSIS took an average of 34 months to provide its results to the CBSA when there was information requiring further investigation. We noted that the CBSA concurred with the advice provided by CSIS but, on average, it took an additional 9 months to send the advice to the visa officer without adding specific details about the individual.

2.55 In responding to our survey, 46 percent of the Canada-based officers indicated they were concerned with the length of time it can take to obtain information or advice from security partners. The CBSA has recognized that timeliness is a concern and, at the end of our audit, had initiated measures to improve the timeliness of its screening.
Useful info. Thanks. But what does it mean?

Really encouraging when it reads "CSIS finds no adverse information in the vast majority of its screening investigation". Makes sense coz we are just ordinary people who never participated in illegal actions or terrorism. So we have nothing to worry about.

But I have read in another thread on this forum that CSIS does its job in 3 to 6 months. Guess the information is for the old system When both cic and csis worked with papers. Today the work is done using electronic information and databases, and that it doesn't take that much for csis to advise cic on PR security checks.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Yeah, I agree. This information is dated. Although, it kind of confirms what I've been hearing and reading earlier: CSIS is not the only agency involved in the security screening, and generally not the one that causes a delay. It's CBSA that causes a long delay in the security screening. It says that they have agreed to provide CIC with a report within 9-18 months AFTER receiving a report from CSIS.
So I am thinking: if my background check began in March, and let's say it took CSIS 3 months to complete it, that's June. At that time they forward it to CBSA, and only then a 9 month countdown begins, meaning, in the best case scenario CIC would get my final security screening result in... March 2017! And that's if I'm lucky. After that, again, it might take CIC several months to make a final decision on my case, which means I could be looking at only receiving my PPR sometime next summer.
That's a grim prospect.

I wish there was a way to check with CBSA on the status of my file, like there is with CSIS...

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
miltoncsekuet said:
Did they ask you for new medical? I emailed them about my medical expiration, They didn't feedback me.
No, they didn't. I did inform them a few months back and also requested an extension, though.

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
My spouse had an interview with CIC yesterday. It was a video conference with immigration officer. That being said it wasn't security interview no CSIS or CBSA officer. They needed him to clarify everything that he wasn't able to put on military table they've sent to us year ago. Our medicals have changed to passed again. Interview was long and detailed but very comfortable for him. He said that the immigration officer was kind and patient with him and his answers.

My only concern is that they will put him through security check now and that it hasn't been done before which means maybe even one more year of waiting. Otherwise why would they need those info. I;m not even trying to bother to figure out pattern lol.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
munika said:
My spouse had an interview with CIC yesterday. It was a video conference with immigration officer. That being said it wasn't security interview no CSIS or CBSA officer. They needed him to clarify everything that he wasn't able to put on military table they've sent to us year ago. Our medicals have changed to passed again. Interview was long and detailed but very comfortable for him. He said that the immigration officer was kind and patient with him and his answers.

My only concern is that they will put him through security check now and that it hasn't been done before which means maybe even one more year of waiting. Otherwise why would they need those info. I;m not even trying to bother to figure out pattern lol.
I've been thinking about you. Glad to hear the interview went well. Did they really say that they haven't even started security check yet? Maybe this was the last step in the process. You know, the final confirmation an officer needed before issuing a visa. Fingers crossed for you, friend.

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
Tocanadawego said:
I've been thinking about you. Glad to hear the interview went well. Did they really say that they haven't even started security check yet? Maybe this was the last step in the process. You know, the final confirmation an officer needed before issuing a visa. Fingers crossed for you, friend.
Thank you :)
No, the immigration officer didn't said anything such. That's my conclusion that the security check hasn't started yet because there was not CSIS or CBSA officer at the interview.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
munika said:
Thank you :)
No, the immigration officer didn't said anything such. That's my conclusion that the security check hasn't started yet because there was not CSIS or CBSA officer at the interview.
Maybe they just like to keep low profile :) The CIC officer is the who makes the final decision. So after receivibg security screening reports from the other two, he might have just needed this interview to justify the final decision. Hopefully you hear something back soon.

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
Tocanadawego said:
Maybe they just like to keep low profile :) The CIC officer is the who makes the final decision. So after receivibg security screening reports from the other two, he might have just needed this interview to justify the final decision. Hopefully you hear something back soon.
Sounds scary.

ajanoni

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Sao Paulo - SP
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016
Nomination.....
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2016
For those who are waiting more than 10 months, I suggest you to tweet to John McCallum @HonJowhMcCallum exposing your case.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Que Em said:
The same happened when my medicals expired a couple of weeks ago. No change/update since then.
Can you tell the validity of medical ?
Thanks.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys ,just called cic,guy told me they completed your eligibiltiy ,and they are not working on it anymore ,but i cannot give you timeline for now ,my eligibity was recommended passed from last 13 months now he said it is passed ,what you think guys how long it will take now ?

chillito

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
sharma1990 said:
Guys ,just called cic,guy told me they completed your eligibiltiy ,and they are not working on it anymore ,but i cannot give you timeline for now ,my eligibity was recommended passed from last 13 months now he said it is passed ,what you think guys how long it will take now ?
Mine passed in June. I'm still waiting.

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
sharma1990 said:
Hopefully not much longer Sharma. It is about time...