+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Guys,

It's going to be a year for me since my AOR, soon.

Like many other delayed cases, I thought, the delay in my case was probably because of pending security screening, as well, as my visa office sent me the same 'pending verifications/investigations' response to my CSE. But guess what, that's not the case, at all.

I asked CSIS about my immigration screening status and as per the letter sent by them, my immigration screening (security check) was completed in less than a month's time, and the result was already submitted to the IRCC (back in early March, 2016).

And it's not just me, I have heard from others (at least three other applicants) who asked CSIS about their immigration screening files and received the same response that their security screening was already done/complete.

chillito

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
in my case at the beginning of the 8th month i inquired my status from CSIS and received a reply that they had never been asked to conduct a check of my name. The notes say that everything but security is passed. go figure.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Que Em said:
Guys,

It's going to be a year for me since my AOR, soon.

Like many other delayed cases, I thought, the delay in my case was probably because of pending security screening, as well, as my visa office sent me the same 'pending verifications/investigations' response to my CSE. But guess what, that's not the case, at all.

I asked CSIS about my immigration screening status and as per the letter sent by them, my immigration screening (security check) was completed in less than a month's time, and the result was already submitted to the IRCC (back in early March, 2016).

And it's not just me, I have heard from others (at least three other applicants) who asked CSIS about their immigration screening files and received the same response that their security screening was already done/complete.
Ahhh just read that you finally got your CSIS status! Yes, the same happened to me, security check completed over a month ago but the visa officers in Ottawa still don't bother to touch my file!

What scares me is your application has been idle for seven months! And somehow I read from some posts in this forum that the validity of security screening is about one year. If the IRCC does not do anything within a year, you have to go through the CSIS security check again and the worse case is looping forever: CSIS done - ignored by IRCC - security check expires - request to CSIS again - CSIS done - irgored by IRCC... just like this guy: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1191&PN=1&title=delayed-background-check-csis-mandamus

I am gonna write you another inbox. Check your inbox.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Cowkiki said:
Ahhh just read that you finally got your CSIS status! Yes, the same happened to me, security check completed over a month ago but the visa officers in Ottawa still don't bother to touch my file!

What scares me is your application has been idle for seven months! And somehow I read from some posts in this forum that the validity of security screening is about one year. If the IRCC does not do anything within a year, you have to go through the CSIS security check again and the worse case is looping forever: CSIS done - ignored by IRCC - security check expires - request to CSIS again - CSIS done - irgored by IRCC... just like this guy: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1191&PN=1&title=delayed-background-check-csis-mandamus

I am gonna write you another inbox. Check your inbox.
Friends i would appreciate if you can share the letter content for status check from CSIS

I m thinking of sending fax to CSIS on my security

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
DreamCanada16 said:
Friends i would appreciate if you can share the letter content for status check from CSIS

I m thinking of sending fax to CSIS on my security
I dont have the letter at hand but it is a paragraph saying:

CSIS has received a request of security check about your PR on dd-mm-yy, and has completed and sent the advice to IRCC on dd-mm-yy. CSIS's involvement in your PR is completed and please contact IRCC on any other matters.

This is the information for those whose security is completed.

I also read some posts that if your security is ongoing in CSIS, it will state that the security is ongoing. But in most of the cases, it just takes CSIS 1 - 2 months to finish the security screening.

Again, for those who want to check your CSIS status, read this link:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?

For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Cowkiki said:
I dont have the letter at hand but it is a paragraph saying:

CSIS has received a request of security check about your PR on dd-mm-yy, and has completed and sent the advice to IRCC on dd-mm-yy. CSIS's involvement in your PR is completed and please contact IRCC on any other matters.

This is the information for those whose security is completed.

I also read some posts that if your security is ongoing in CSIS, it will state that the security is ongoing. But in most of the cases, it just takes CSIS 1 - 2 months to finish the security screening.

Again, for those who want to check your CSIS status, read this link:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?

For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

Thanks for sharing. Did u received response from CSIS via fax or mail? And how much time it took them to respond

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
DreamCanada16 said:
Thanks for sharing. Did u received response from CSIS via fax or mail? And how much time it took them to respond
Through mail to a Canadian address. You have to provide a Canadian address in your request. It took them 4 to 8 weeks to reply.

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Cowkiki said:
Through mail to a Canadian address. You have to provide a Canadian address in your request. It took them 4 to 8 weeks to reply.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

How about those applicants who live outside Canada? Do they have to provide a Canadian address too?

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
Thanks for sharing your experience!

How about those applicants who live outside Canada? Do they have to provide a Canadian address too?
I am an applicant living outside Canada, too. I just provided my name and my Canadian friend's address. Some outland applicants authorised their Canadian friends/relatives to request the information for them with a consent form. Either way, you may explore more information from the CSIS website.

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
mhammoud said:
Just inquired about my application which is 7+ months and the reply was that "there is no maximum time frame on an application".

They told me this when my application is going to cross 7 months. And told the exact same thing to my friend who has been waiting for more than 9 months!

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Cowkiki said:
I am an applicant living outside Canada, too. I just provided my name and my Canadian friend's address. Some outland applicants authorised their Canadian friends/relatives to request the information for them with a consent form. Either way, you may explore more information from the CSIS website.

Many thanks! So, to be on the safe side, I'll give my friend's address in Canada...

mhammoud

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oakville, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Fatemeh Njm said:
They told me this when my application is going to cross 7 months. And told the exact same thing to my friend who has been waiting for more than 9 months!
Yeah, it seems the timelines mean nothing, it is all combination of luck, right officer, and of course simplicity of the application. I can see that you even had no request for additional documents :(.. I had a request for a medical in May and my medical changed to "Passed" then to "Review in Progress" :)

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
mhammoud said:
Yeah, it seems the timelines mean nothing, it is all combination of luck, right officer, and of course simplicity of the application. I can see that you even had no request for additional documents :(.. I had a request for a medical in May and my medical changed to "Passed" then to "Review in Progress" :)

I was asked to send additional documents and after submitting our CVs and my husband's mandatory military card the BG went into progress. They asked me three times to send the military card. When I contacted them for these multiple requests, they just said they had not seen it the first and second time. So you can simply conclude that we are faced with some lazy agents and ignorant officers!

I won't be surprised to see that they have been advised by csis about our security checks and they do not come to a final decisions because of those lazy agents and officers.

The only thing they care much about is fanalizing that 80% of applications within six months. And when an application goes over 6 months they simply forget it.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
I was asked to send additional documents and after submitting our CVs and my husband's mandatory military card the BG went into progress. They asked me three times to send the military card. When I contacted them for these multiple requests, they just said they had not seen it the first and second time. So you can simply conclude that we are faced with some lazy agents and ignorant officers!

I won't be surprised to see that they have been advised by csis about our security checks and they do not come to a final decisions because of those lazy agents and officers.

The only thing they care much about is fanalizing that 80% of applications within six months. And when an application goes over 6 months they simply forget it.
Hey you know what, it would be interesting to see your CSIS result. So far us who got security completion replies from CSIS do not have a military background and I know that several buddies who have mandatory military background here do have delayed security screening.

If you get your CSIS reply saying that your security check is completed yet IRCC is still asking you (multiple times) for the military part, we may infer that other than the CSIS check the IRCC DOES have an additional step/further verification to do. It may provide a clearer picture.

Just my thoughts.