+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THOSE WHO HAD AOR IN APRIL AND APPLIED FROM INSIDE CANADA DISCUSS HERE

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spyfy said:
I agree with kateg. Actually, I think this report is good news for us. While there will be of course some applications that will take more than six months, CIC definitely doesn't want to have to include with the next report a paragraph that has to explain why less than 10% of applications didn't get processed within six months. After all, they have a minister to report to and that minister has to win an election this fall. This report will also be read by politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Long story short, there should be a firework of decisions for our cases in the upcoming 6-8 weeks. I know that seems quite long but actually I'm more relaxed now that I see the report. Think like this: The reason you haven't heard anything yet isn't that something is wrong with your application (as people previously assumed). Instead your application is just "normal" and not one of the "lucky quickies" :)

Think positive! :)
I like this positive thinking!

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
KingOfGoodTimes said:
Hello April guys/girls,

since you guys have been at it for a while , I have a question.

Has there been a case where a application was rejected after requesting for a RCMP check (given tno criminal record) ?
I have been following few cases , I dont think there as been one. Could you please let us know if you know of any such case?

Can one assume once CIC asks for a RCMP check , we can assume that all doc submitted are in order ?
No, your assumtion is incorrect. CIC has two different terms they use often for BG check, which consists of Criminality and Security Checks.

1. Criminality: CIC initiates this and an officer from CIC is assigned to perform the RCMP/CBSA/CSIS criminality Database check, if there is any flag for the criteria like DOB and First name and/or Last Name matches, then CIC will request to submit RCMP clearance. If no flag is set, then they will initiate...Security check

2. Security clearance, which they send to a partner agency to verify the PCCs and other Military affiliations etc., of the said applicant(s). If the result comes out negative then they will proceed to schedule an interview or request the PPR.

The bottomline is that it is not just that RCMP decides but the PCCs/DUIs/Convicitons in other Countries etc will also be accounted later and favours the decision. So, that's the reason people often get requests to submit the Travel history and PCCs and might reject the applications due to the missed submissions of the PCCs to those countries visited but missed.

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
jaffa83 said:
No, your assumtion is incorrect. CIC has two different terms they use often for BG check, which consists of Criminality and Security Checks.

1. Criminality: CIC initiates this and an officer from CIC is assigned to perform the RCMP/CBSA/CSIS criminality Database check, if there is any flag for the criteria like DOB and First name and/or Last Name matches, then CIC will request to submit RCMP clearance. If no flag is set, then they will initiate...Security check

2. Security clearance, which they send to a partner agency to verify the PCCs and other Military affiliations etc., of the said applicant(s). If the result comes out negative then they will proceed to schedule an interview or request the PPR.

The bottomline is that it is not just that RCMP decides but the PCCs/DUIs/Convicitons in other Countries etc will also be accounted later and favours the decision. So, that's the reason people often get requests to submit the Travel history and PCCs and might reject the applications due to the missed submissions of the PCCs to those countries visited but missed.
Hi, so meaning the BG checks are for criminality records and not for past work experiences? because my problem is, the non-canadian company that I have worked for before is already closed now. will it affect my application?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Bumping up this thread. Hopefully would see some progress this week.

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
kainthsimranjit, similar timelines!!! No updates on my end :(

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
silmarilli103 said:
kainthsimranjit, similar timelines!!! No updates on my end :(
Given the details in the mid year report, I would not be surprised if we do not hear anything for another month. It is clear that there are tons of people from Feb and march who have not yet received any decision (not everyone who applied is present in this forum). Also, it is very clear that most April files have not yet been touched by Visa Officers.

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
Hi,
Quick Question, in my PPR letter, the mailing address is my home address. But I want to put my work address on the self-addressed envelope so that I can receive it at work.
Will that be a problem that I am putting a different address on the envelope?

Thanks!

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
As per KaydenB's spreadsheet, only 6 CEC applicants (inside applicants) have not had any decision made. Hopefully, the pace for Inland FSW applicants should pick up after that.

One question, do you think the spreadsheet is representation of around 5% actual applicants. Just trying to generalize some things.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
As per KaydenB's spreadsheet, only 6 CEC applicants (inside applicants) have not had any decision made. Hopefully, the pace for Inland FSW applicants should pick up after that.

One question, do you think the spreadsheet is representation of around 5% actual applicants. Just trying to generalize some things.
Can you post the link to the spreadsheet please? I don't think you can predict the % especially that the number of PR approved in the report was not split between those who are in Canada and outside!

Let's hope that this week will bring some good news!

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Here it is

http://tinyurl.com/ppjxqfj

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Sorry for the lack of updates on the sheet but I'm on deserved vacation :)
Will update sometime next weekend ;)

One quick question though.
Just been asked by CIC a Schedule A for my spouse.
I submitted it right away.

Is this additional document request common ?
Does it mean something in particular ?

zsv2015

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
KaydenB said:

Hi, Kayden.

Could you please clarify to me, why the CIC agent sad to you to call after 18 weeks about your application? Because they gave to me another date: 6 month.

Popey778

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CEC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2105
IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
KaydenB said:

Hi Kaydenb,
Yes it is a common thing for CIC to request, I had the same thing for my mrs at the start of July, then a week later I had a request for all of my passport pages to be copied and scanned and returned to CIC, as soon as they went of, a week later my PR was issued, that was Monday last week! Not long now my friend

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
kainthsimranjit said:
Given the details in the mid year report, I would not be surprised if we do not hear anything for another month. It is clear that there are tons of people from Feb and march who have not yet received any decision (not everyone who applied is present in this forum). Also, it is very clear that most April files have not yet been touched by Visa Officers.
I agree. Even though they said 6 months processing time but they have a rider which mentioned it could go up to 18 months depending on processing and outcomes. I used to check daily before. Not Anymore.