+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THOSE WHO HAD AOR IN APRIL AND APPLIED FROM INSIDE CANADA DISCUSS HERE

arleneramiro

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
dev.gavande said:
However there is request of passports, photo, envelope, copy of ppr letter in the letter. No Bio Data form.
Is this normal? I anything else missing ?
There were some who didn't receive any Bio Data form. I didn't have any Bio Data form as well together with my PPR, just passport, photo, copy of the letter and it didn't even specify the size of the prepaid Xpresspost envelopes. I talked to a CIC agent today and he told me to follow whatever is in the letter, as each applicant is different. And since we are including the letter they sent us, they should not be looking for something they didn't specify in the letter. We will be fine. Just send it and the size of the envelope as per Esantos: PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm). Hope that helps

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
arleneramiro said:
There were some who didn't receive any Bio Data form. I didn't have any Bio Data form as well together with my PPR, just passport, photo, copy of the letter and it didn't even specify the size of the prepaid Xpresspost envelopes. I talked to a CIC agent today and he told me to follow whatever is in the letter, as each applicant is different. And since we are including the letter they sent us, they should not be looking for something they didn't specify in the letter. We will be fine. Just send it and the size of the envelope as per Esantos: PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm). Hope that helps

Thanks! Will do that ..

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
arleneramiro said:
Yep! that's the envelop model and size my letter referred to.
It's strange that some letters have the envelop size specified and even the type of service (Xpresspost), and others have so little information to the applicant.

I agree that the documentation required varies from applicant to applicant, but the envelope I would expect it to be the same :-X go figure.

But anyway, better send it through Xpresspost, if you can, as they promise next day delivery (usually takes 2 days) and you can add signature request of whoever receive your package. Important as we are dealing with passports and I don't think anyone wants to go through issues of losing their passports at this point :-\

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arleneramiro said:
I had to use FedEx envelope size not sure about the measurements I got delivered the next day and some one signed in for it too

U.S. Applicant so I had no other choice.. I did include a courier envelop with pre paid labels they only have to put my passport in seal the envelop and send it

Fingers crossed

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
shannon234 said:
Congrats dev.gavande! seems like they're picking up on FSW stream... You're under FSW stream, right?
Yes I am under FSW and Applicaiton within Canada

arleneramiro

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
carl321 said:
I had to use FedEx envelope size not sure about the measurements I got delivered the next day and some one signed in for it too

U.S. Applicant so I had no other choice.. I did include a courier envelop with pre paid labels they only have to put my passport in seal the envelop and send it

Fingers crossed
[/quote

Not sure with someone from outside Canada, but IMO, if there is no envelope size specified in your PPR letter, I would think that the size most appropriate to fit all of your passport, etc should be good. I will just make sure it is NOT thru regular mail and can be tracked.

wyueshen

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
14 weeks and still waiting...........

mislahuddin

May 15, 2015
pk_2015 said:
So sorry to hear that. I do not think I saw someone being rejected for reference letter. If you do not mind to answer the below questions, it may help understanding the situation better.

1. Are you working for more than one year on your current job?
2. Did you claim points for your previous job?
3. What documents did you submit for your previous job. Like pay stub? company letter without job duties? any letter from colleague? Letter of explanation

Thanks
PK
hi
I have been working for the samecompany for 2 years with same NOC as supervisor category. My previous jobs was in the same field and NOC, also got red seal certification, but since the reference letter from my previous company didnt state my job duties and responsibilities the officer rejected it.All the reference letters submitted was from the company letter heads Human resource dept. Also stating their company information if cic require any additional information about myself. I didnt claim any points for previous work. Got 600 pts for LMO, 60 for age, 100 for celpip 50 for skilled worker category.
regards
and good luck to all.

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Bad news (maybe) for us inland applicants. According to the newly published EE Mid-Year report by CIC, 85.5% of ITAs (11047 ITAs) are for inland applicants. On a separate paragraph they said there are 7528 applications received. So 7528 x 85.5% = 6436 applications that CPC-Ottawa has to process. It was also mentioned in the report that there were 655 applications approved. So let's say around 436 of the approved applications are from inland (pure guess on my part), there were still around 6000 in progress applications at CPC-Ottawa. (data as of July06) Looks like we *Might* be waiting for longer than we hope.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015.asp

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
just want to ask:

What do they do in the BACKGROUND CHECK?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
etkuo said:
Bad news (maybe) for us inland applicants. According to the newly published EE Mid-Year report by CIC, 85.5% of ITAs (11047 ITAs) are for inland applicants. On a separate paragraph they said there are 7528 applications received. So 7528 x 85.5% = 6436 applications that CPC-Ottawa has to process. It was also mentioned in the report that there were 655 applications approved. So let's say around 436 of the approved applications are from inland (pure guess on my part), there were still around 6000 in progress applications at CPC-Ottawa. (data as of July06) Looks like we *Might* be waiting for longer than we hope.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015.asp
If they are serious about the 6 month timeline, I suspect we'll start to see them accelerating the rate at which they process people. Throw out anyone with anything slightly wrong, then approve everyone left.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
pochfaye0704 said:
just want to ask:

What do they do in the BACKGROUND CHECK?
Largely, they look in computer databases. They have access to quite a few of them, and will do a search by name and approximate birthdate. If anything comes up (or looks odd), they can call the police departments in question and ask them. If appropriate, records can be requested from courts. There are also (depending on the country) risk-based metrics for people, as well as databases used for investigations. For example, if your name and address was associated with smuggling by Canada Post and turned over to an investigator, they can potentially see that.

They can also look at records associated with your passport (generally by number). Depending on the country of origin and destination and their level of access, they may be able to see some or all of your entries and exits to various countries. If the dates don't match up, you're going to have a bad time.

Largely, for people outside the US and Canada, they rely on looking at the police certificate to see if it looks good. For people in the US and Canada, there is much more information available.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
kateg said:
If they are serious about the 6 month timeline, I suspect we'll start to see them accelerating the rate at which they process people. Throw out anyone with anything slightly wrong, then approve everyone left.
I agree with kateg. Actually, I think this report is good news for us. While there will be of course some applications that will take more than six months, CIC definitely doesn't want to have to include with the next report a paragraph that has to explain why less than 10% of applications didn't get processed within six months. After all, they have a minister to report to and that minister has to win an election this fall. This report will also be read by politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Long story short, there should be a firework of decisions for our cases in the upcoming 6-8 weeks. I know that seems quite long but actually I'm more relaxed now that I see the report. Think like this: The reason you haven't heard anything yet isn't that something is wrong with your application (as people previously assumed). Instead your application is just "normal" and not one of the "lucky quickies" :)

Think positive! :)