12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
Hi All,
I have a question about landing process. I am still waiting for my PPR request (in Canada), but I already have plans to visit India in Dec 2015.
If I do get PPR and get my passport stamped before that, can i do landing process while re-entering Canada in Dec 2015 provided I have 1 year validity of visa stamp?

Also, i assume i dont need TRV in that case, right? just wanted to confirm my understanding here..
I am planning to do this because I am not sure if I will receive PR card in time.

Thanks!

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dev.gavande said:
Hi All,
I have a question about landing process. I am still waiting for my PPR request (in Canada), but I already have plans to visit India in Dec 2015.
If I do get PPR and get my passport stamped before that, can i do landing process while re-entering Canada in Dec 2015 provided I have 1 year validity of visa stamp?

Also, i assume i dont need TRV in that case, right? just wanted to confirm my understanding here..
I am planning to do this because I am not sure if I will receive PR card in time.

Thanks!

I don't see why you can't do it, as long as you have the passport stamped.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
dev.gavande said:
Hi All,

Thanks!
Once your case is approved, remember that your CoPR validity will be the expiry date of your or your dependent(s) medical results whomever's date is first to be expired. You may land before the expiry of the CoPR not the PR stamp. You don't need a TRV once you have the valid CoPR and PR stamp and you can do this on your return trip. Good Luck!!

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
Thanks all for replies! Yes, i expect the medical expiry date to be COPR validity which is in April of next year.
So, i believe we should be good.

Thanks for clearing my doubt. I am still waiting for PPR though :)

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
I had the same question, as I am thinking of taking a couple of weeks off work and go to Brazil and do the formalities on my way back to here.

Thanks for bringing it up dev.gavande and good look on your PR! :D

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
dev.gavande said:
Hi All,

Thanks!
I have a similar situation.. My partner and I have to travel in September for 3 weeks as well since we are getting married in our home country! I'm worried that the PPR may come close to travel dates and cause a problem. We have two months left before our scheduled travel and no sign of any movement or decision on our application :( So many applications were being processed in less than 3 months when we applied and we hoped ours would be processed soon as well, obviously not the case with our VO :( I'm really hoping for our ppr request this month so that we can truly enjoy our wedding celebrations :(

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have a question for those who were asked to submit RCMP - how long did it take since you submitted the RCMP report until you see another progress (whether asking for another document or receiving passport request). I was asked to submit RCMP for my partner which he did and luckily we got it after 3 business days - my dilemma is that we are traveling on the 12th of July and will not be back until August 17th so I wonder if I will submit the RCMP CIC will request passports while we are away. I want to be in the safe side and not send it until close to our return, we already have till August 30th to submit it, but at the same time wanna move the process fast.

Any thoughts or insights will be greatly appreciated

Popey778

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CEC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2105
IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
Hi daw422,
Think your right mate, this thread has been slow lately! Checked my ECAS today, still nothing to show, BG check in progress.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
daw422 said:
This tread is sinking. No updates??? no thoughts??
No updates for me. Last one that showed any changes was on May 28th when my medical passed and bg checked changed to in progress. I got ones of those emails saying there was an update on May 31st, but nothing had actually changed.
I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew they had accepted all my docs. If I'm going to get rejected for something that's missing, I'd rather have it happen sooner than later!

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
AshesNdust said:
No updates for me. Last one that showed any changes was on May 28th when my medical passed and bg checked changed to in progress. I got ones of those emails saying there was an update on May 31st, but nothing had actually changed.
I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew they had accepted all my docs. If I'm going to get rejected for something that's missing, I'd rather have it happen sooner than later!
Same concern, with my PGWP expiring in August it is very stressful, worst case I hope that at least I get my BOWP approved.
My ECAS was updated June 16 but nothing really changed same 3 lines Application Received. Hope to see some positive changes soon.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
26th June : Background changed to "Not needed at this time"

26th June: Requested Relationship Assessment questionnaire and proof of marriage (hard copy to be sent in Ottawa center) (I was given 60 days)

July 7th: Send the documents

I really VO looks into my documents sooner and not wait for 60 days...