IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
When does ECAS get updated to match MyCIC? I don't have access to MyCIC I can only get screen shots from my solicitor but my ECAS has not updated since June 2nd but MyCIC has chaned t6o BG in progress??

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey Popey778,

There is no clear pattern in different updates on myCIC and ECAS. Personally speaking my application never went to application in progress in ECAS and it just went to decision made all together. With that having said, my MYCIC still is the same - stuck at background check in progress etc.

From what i believe, its upto the immigration officer to update at both places or not. Some of them go by the books and update at both places in sync other do not. So, dont worry about people speaking about changes/updates on their profiles. When it happens, it happens all of a sudden and all the best to you.. !!

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
gary.bhanot said:
Hey Popey778,

There is no clear pattern in different updates on myCIC and ECAS. Personally speaking my application never went to application in progress in ECAS and it just went to decision made all together. With that having said, my MYCIC still is the same - stuck at background check in progress etc.

From what i believe, its upto the immigration officer to update at both places or not. Some of them go by the books and update at both places in sync other do not. So, dont worry about people speaking about changes/updates on their profiles. When it happens, it happens all of a sudden and all the best to you.. !!
Hey Gary, my case is very similar to yours.
ECAS changed to Decision Made last Friday, but MyCIC still shows Background Check In Progress and Final Decision Not Started.
How long did it take for you to get PPR after your ECAS changed to Decision Made?

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey Esantos,

Congrats first of all. You wont believe this, but i actually got PPR request first and then after few hours on the same day my ECAS was changed straight from Application received to Decision made. I had checked my ECAS at 4pm before leaving from work and there was nothing, I got home and then i got email from CIC and then i saw my ECAS no changes at all and then i got my PPR request and the ECAS was updated after couple of hours.

Thats why i said, its entirely upto the immigration officer. Everyone seems to have a different style of working and updating things. I sent my passport this monday, so i might get it this week.

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
Alright guys. I just got off the phone with CIC and the agent was very nice this time and offered to check my application status.

So it has been APPROVED!! :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Approved! OMG! I couldn't be happier! ;D

She said that now I just have to wait for the email from the immigration officer requesting my passport.

PS. The application was approved on June 24.

Favoured01

Jun 2, 2015
esantos said:
Alright guys. I just got off the phone with CIC and the agent was very nice this time and offered to check my application status.

She said that now I just have to wait for the email from the immigration officer requesting my passport.

Congratulations Esantos. I hope i get mine soon too.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
esantos said:

Congrats esantos!!!!

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
esantos said:

Congratulations!

I think those people who are in a similar situation can now assume a couple of things: they probably have been approved and they should phone CIC to put their minds at rest.

I can't believe the previous agent wouldn't help you... do these people not realise how much stress everyone's under?

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
esantos said:

Congrats esantos! Much deserved celebrations are in order :)

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
Thank you guys,

Can't really say enough thank you for the support I've got from EE profile creation to this point. It is not over yet but now I can see the light ::)

My take on this is that CIC agents do have the ability of checking your file, some of them don't do it just because they want to play by the book and "only check once 6 months/18months have passed.." but some are great and very helpful. It was worth it keep trying and calling them many times a day until I got one agent that wanted to help

UK2C

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
uncle_smile said:
ECAS updates to Decision Made, will call to confirm next morning
Hi, I saw your BG check is: no need at this time? What about before? is it in process?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
esantos said:

MANY CONGRATS Esantos!!!!!!! ;D ;D I hope you will get the precious email today. All the best for the rest of your processing.