Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
arch_e said:
I just received an email from cic saying your application has been updated. Logged into mycic the application status says updated but no changes inside whatsoever. Ecas still in process .. any ideas? Is this the ghost mail people often talk about ? I'm May 22 Aorer from April 17 draw.
Hey arch_e
Did ur bg check change ? We have similar timelines

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Deccan said:
That's it! You're almost there. You should hear something very soon. Good luck!
Thanks deccan and good luck to u 2 :)

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
Sending good thoughts your way. Hope you get positive news soon.
Hopefully I will see something good, soon has a different meaning in CIC's book!lol

What i dont understand is why the status of my BG was in not needed at this time yesterday and why it changed back to in Progress???

Another thing is that will I go to DM state before getting a PPR or straight PPR, is it different for in-land or out land candidates?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MYRAN said:
MAY 13 AOR, no DM or PPR yet ECAS IN PROCESS ONLY :(
Hang in there, MYRAN. I know this is easier said than done given how zombie-like I've become over the past few days.

Based on posts from active forumites, it looks like there's a handful of us May folks still waiting with bated breath--if it is of some solace.

Good luck!

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akhuttan said:
Hopefully I will see something good, soon has a different meaning in CIC's book!lol

What i dont understand is why the status of my BG was in not needed at this time yesterday and why it changed back to in Progress???

Another thing is that will I go to DM state before getting a PPR or straight PPR, is it different for in-land or out land candidates?
I remember reading in a different thread a few days back about a similar BG status change (banck and forth) for someone else. Sorry, can't seem to trace the link.

And as far as what order of status updates CIC will follow, your guess is as good as anybody else's. CIC is consistently inconsistent, no?!

nyer

Jul 20, 2015
Guys and gals, got PPR last night. I'm a little confused about the next steps though. I'm based in New York, so I'm not sure if I can send the documents to the consulate here or do I have to send my passport to Ottawa? I'm not a US Citizen so I'm a little worried about sending my passport outside the country. As always, any guidance is much appreciated. This forum has been of great help. Thanks in advance.

arch_e

May 11, 2015
Hey ajit n myran
I dont check mycic that often but as of an hour ago its In Progress and have always been In progress ever since i have checked mycic.. they are surely working on pushing the May applications. Did you get requested any additional docs or ghost emails or anything?

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
dublinfunk said:
Congrats Kukuy,

What is the next step? After I received the PPR email request earlier, I replied to request to have my application transferred to the Local Visa Office, what happens next? How long is the timeframe?
It depends on the LVO really. What happens next is that you get a second PPR letter but this time from your LVO. The wording and some of the requirements you saw in the one from Ottawa may differ from the second one. You should be conservative and cover all your bases by trying to fulfill the requirements on both letters.

It took CIC 17 calendar days to send the second PPR. I sent the email right after getting ppr and followed up a week or so after. I did send a CSE the day before a got the new PPR but I can't know for sure if that was the reason they started working on my case. In general, most members changing to LVO have reported an avg wait of 8-10 days. Mine was a little over that time frame but it just goes to show that we can't ever be sure with CIC. But rest assure that you will get your proper PPR and subsequent PR status sooner rather than later.

My very best wishes... And besides the email, send a CSE as well :)

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Deccan, Myran and other dear fellow forum members, I wish you hear ASAP. Sending you the best of wishes!

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Salseiro said:
What the agent said can't be true for one simple reason: the CIC letter mentions specifically that you have 30 days to take all the steps stipulated therein. If it took CIC 6 weeks to hand over your case to the local VO you would run out of time even before you would have the opportunity to submit your passport and photos.

In fact, I wrote to the local Canadian embassy, which has been a lot more helpful and prompt whenever I had an inquiry than CIC itself, and they told me to submit the passports right away, as accompanied by the photos and height/eye color info, to the nearest Canadian Visa Application Center (CVAC). Then, the documents are sent to the Visa and Immigration Section with the Embassy, which will do the rest.
THANK YOU! This is some great piece of information! Can't thank you enough for taking out the time to write a detailed response :) Cheers!

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
GUys... Please let me know your thoughts... Is this heading in the right direction??
Specially those who got PPR last few days can help...

1. Got Schedule A request - 14th Oct
2. MyCIC Said - Your action required. - 14th Oct
3. Logged again later in the day - MyCIC Said "Update".
4. BG changed from "In Progress" to "Not needed at this time"
5. Got a ghost email - 15th Oct.
6. MyCIC Said - Updated - But no visual update. - 15th
7. Submitted Schedule A - Document status changed to Provided - 15th Oct
8. MyCIC currently says Submitted. - 15th Oct.
9. ECAS says same 3 lines. We received.... we started processing.... Got med results..

Is this going in the right direction or pattern??

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
Deccan said:
Good to hear from you, EricCartman. Did you hear anything about your CSE? Wishing you much luck.
Thanks dear. I'm staying positive and praying for better luck this time.
My CSE was a no in reopening my application.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess :)

All the best and praying for your PPR to come soon my friend

rgainza

Aug 14, 2015
Someone from Spain?

The MYCIC link that informs if you need VISA or not for the landing seems to be broken.
Someone from Spain who can confirm if VISA is needed? I have not needed one so far, but do not know if it is different to do the landing.