+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who got AOR in MAY lets network here>>>>>>>>>

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salseiro said:
Thank you buddy! I wish you the speediest resolution to all of the issues that you have been facing as of late. Cheers!
Thank you for the kind thoughts, Salseiro.

rgainza, ETE, pzeigler1986 and others--CONGRATS! Wishing you all the best of luck moving forward as well.

Questions for folks on this thread who have had to submit additional documents via myCIC:

- How long does it generally take for them to look at what's been uploaded?
- Does the status of the pertinent field change to indicate that they've accepted what was submitted?

Grateful for any insights!

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After filling Schedule A request on the 13th My Ecas is showing 5 line for the obvious reasons.

Now yesterday my CIC showed no Background check is needed at this time and when i logged in this morning I saw the application is in Update mode and when went inside the application, saw that Background check went back to InProgress.

Seems like something is happening but don't know what?

Anyways Congratulations to the people who received PPR in last couple of days!

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Hi guys,
Just received a mail from CIC about an update . do not know if this is what ppl refer to ghost mail . also saw my bg check turned to in progress . fingers crossed

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajit90 said:
Hi guys,
Just received a mail from CIC about an update . do not know if this is what ppl refer to ghost mail . also saw my bg check turned to in progress . fingers crossed
That's it! You're almost there. You should hear something very soon. Good luck!

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
That's it! You're almost there. You should hear something very soon. Good luck!
Same thing happened to me yesterday. BG check went into Not needed at this time and then back to in progress this morning.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akhuttan said:
Same thing happened to me yesterday. BG check went into Not needed at this time and then back to in progress this morning.
Sending good thoughts your way. Hope you get positive news soon.

Salseiro

Mar 12, 2015
JB007 said:
MANY MANY Congratulations GUYS!

I just called CIC to ask how much time it would take for them to issue me the same instructions from my home country, a very rude agent who was perturbed how I even got to call him since I'm outside of Canada, said " So if you're outside Canada, you first need to come back to get your copr issued". I mean... seriously. I explained about the e-mail I had received and that I had done the needful to send an e-mail for change of VO. He sais "OK, It could take upto 6 weeks". A moment ago he did not even know such a thing is possible :). Ok, so finally I used my beautiful French, at which he was shocked and asked me to have a good day. Guys, let's get set for a lot of struggle :)

P.S: Could anyone please advice me on how long the change of VO takes on an average. My fiance is arrives next month and we were hoping to travel back together on the 20th of November :)

Thank you so much guys
What the agent said can't be true for one simple reason: the CIC letter mentions specifically that you have 30 days to take all the steps stipulated therein. If it took CIC 6 weeks to hand over your case to the local VO you would run out of time even before you would have the opportunity to submit your passport and photos.

In fact, I wrote to the local Canadian embassy, which has been a lot more helpful and prompt whenever I had an inquiry than CIC itself, and they told me to submit the passports right away, as accompanied by the photos and height/eye color info, to the nearest Canadian Visa Application Center (CVAC). Then, the documents are sent to the Visa and Immigration Section with the Embassy, which will do the rest.

MYRAN

Aug 3, 2015
JB007 said:
PPR - Oct 13 :)

Got to send an e-mail for change of VO...
Does anyone know the number where it can be faxed? Thank you guys. It's a BIG moment. Praying for the best for all of us here.
WOOOOW! COngrats! Atleast one of us got it. Have a wonderful life in canada :)

arch_e

May 11, 2015
I just received an email from cic saying your application has been updated. Logged into mycic the application status says updated but no changes inside whatsoever. Ecas still in process .. any ideas? Is this the ghost mail people often talk about ? I'm May 22 Aorer from April 17 draw.

chipmunk222

Oct 9, 2015
arch_e said:
I just received an email from cic saying your application has been updated. Logged into mycic the application status says updated but no changes inside whatsoever. Ecas still in process .. any ideas? Is this the ghost mail people often talk about ? I'm May 22 Aorer from April 17 draw.
yes looks like ghost email, your ecas should change within next few days to DM.

zeeman90

Mar 5, 2015
Hi Folks,

I just received the very anticipated "PPR". My timelines are below and I would like to wish everyone goodluck. I know words don't matter when your heart is in your mouth, but trust me its just a matter of time.

Invite: Mid April
AOR: May 20th
ECAS In Progress: August 19th
CIC Background in Progress: August 20th
ECAS Decision Made: October 8
PPR: October 15th

Another thing that was consistent in my case was that I always got a ghost email a day before an update to CIC, also ECAS updated on Thursday and PPR came on Thursday (Its not relevant but at least thats what happened in my case). Also my CIC still has most of the things in progress so dont worry about it too much.

-Z

arch_e

May 11, 2015
zeeman90 said:
Hi Folks,

I just received the very anticipated "PPR". My timelines are below and I would like to wish everyone goodluck. I know words don't matter when your heart is in your mouth, but trust me its just a matter of time.

Invite: Mid April
AOR: May 20th
ECAS In Progress: August 19th
CIC Background in Progress: August 20th
ECAS Decision Made: October 8
PPR: October 15th

Another thing that was consistent in my case was that I always got a ghost email a day before an update to CIC, also ECAS updated on Thursday and PPR came on Thursday (Its not relevant but at least thats what happened in my case). Also my CIC still has most of the things in progress so dont worry about it too much.

-Z
Cheers Zeeman.. so were you requested any additional docs like Schedule A before DM ?