Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
rgainza said:
Hey guys,

The strangest thing just happened to me.
Logged in mycic to check my application and instead of SUBMITTED said UPDATED. Once I clicked, everything in the STATUS tab was the same (latest update MEDICALS PASSED and other things IN PROGRESS); ECAS was the same (IN PROCESS).

Logged out and then logged back in again, and then the status for the application was again SUBMITTED.

This thing is making me crazy, I even took a picture to make sure it was not my mind playing games (LOL), but has it happened to any of you??????????????????????
rgainza said:
hey ive had same yesterday...after couple hours i got ghost mail.. but i didnt see any changes...:):):)

AidinF

Mar 6, 2015
Hi all y'all!

I'm a March ITAer and a May 13th AORer, with Meds provided in advance and passed in June. CEC category. Just got what appears to be the infamous ghost email. Fingers and toes crossed.

Send your collective positive thoughts! :D and I'll return the favor when you get your ghost emails! haha.

One more question: How long do they give you to provide your passport? because I'll be travelling Oct 9 and will be back Oct 11th. If it's like any other document, it'd be 7 days right? and I'll be travelling within that period.. so hopefully they give you a couple of weeks at least?

Good luck to all of us!
Aidin

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hi folks,

For those of us who their PR application has been returned due to CEC cap story in 2014, should we answer Yes or No yo the question asking about if you already applied for permanent residency?

I already submitted my application and I said No since the section asks for a File Number which I have never been issued. But I read some stories here and there that it might be better to say Yes and give an explanation. I was thinking to send CSE to clarify my situation but I was not sure of it is really necessary?

If you have had similar situation and already got you PPR your input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

AidinF

Mar 6, 2015
AAA2133 said:
Hi folks,

For those of us who their PR application has been returned due to CEC cap story in 2014, should we answer Yes or No yo the question asking about if you already applied for permanent residency?

I already submitted my application and I said No since the section asks for a File Number which I have never been issued. But I read some stories here and there that it might be better to say Yes and give an explanation. I was thinking to send CSE to clarify my situation but I was not sure of it is really necessary?

If you have had similar situation and already got you PPR your input is much appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm one of those, and I think I answered "no". Because what they're looking for is to see why you were rejected before, and to see if the condition persists. So First of all, I don't think answering yes will give them the relevant info they're looking for.

Second, is that we never received an AOR. So no application was "received", which is pretty much like never having applied.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
AidinF said:
I'm one of those, and I think I answered "no". Because what they're looking for is to see why you were rejected before, and to see if the condition persists. So First of all, I don't think answering yes will give them the relevant info they're looking for.

Second, is that we never received an AOR. So no application was "received", which is pretty much like never having applied.
Thanks. It was also my understanding filling the forms.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the call center agent told my consultant today that it can take up to 3 weeks until CIC will communicate the decision to us. I really don't get it, why would I have to wait so much? Or is it just the agent who didn't want to be helpful? Is this realistic, another 3 weeks of waiting? Of course she didn't disclose the decision either.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
katja2684 said:
the call center agent told my consultant today that it can take up to 3 weeks until CIC will communicate the decision to us. I really don't get it, why would I have to wait so much? Or is it just the agent who didn't want to be helpful? Is this realistic, another 3 weeks of waiting? Of course she didn't disclose the decision either.
Hi katja, your timeline is same as mine. I called CIC on monday and was told that the app is in process.
Tuesday I was told it was approve and wait for PPR.
I haven't recieved anything yet.
I guess have to wait.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
Hi katja, your timeline is same as mine. I called CIC on monday and was told that the app is in process.
Tuesday I was told it was approve and wait for PPR.
I haven't recieved anything yet.
I guess have to wait.
At least they told you what the decision was :) yeah waiting is our middle name :(

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AidinF said:
Hi all y'all!

I'm a March ITAer and a May 13th AORer, with Meds provided in advance and passed in June. CEC category. Just got what appears to be the infamous ghost email. Fingers and toes crossed.

Send your collective positive thoughts! :D and I'll return the favor when you get your ghost emails! haha.

One more question: How long do they give you to provide your passport? because I'll be travelling Oct 9 and will be back Oct 11th. If it's like any other document, it'd be 7 days right? and I'll be travelling within that period.. so hopefully they give you a couple of weeks at least?

Good luck to all of us!
Aidin
You're one of the slowest CEC applicants I've seen - a lot get processed within 3 months and I've seen quite a few get processed within two months - so much more faster than FSW :(

AidinF

Mar 6, 2015
pziegler1986 said:
You're one of the slowest CEC applicants I've seen - a lot get processed within 3 months and I've seen quite a few get processed within two months - so much more faster than FSW :(
Yeah, I know. They asked for documents twice, perhaps that has something to do with it? First time was for my passport (or perhaps my birth certificate, because I had already provided my passport, so I gave them all.. passport all pages, birth certificate with translation and national identity card etc) Second time was for a Schedule A, as I had left out 2 months at the beginning of the time period.. which is silly. anyway.

Maybe doc requests slow it down? I'm hoping that's the case, and not their finding an issue with it ... that'd be scary!!

Thanks
Aidin

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
Congratulations! If I may ask, when did you get your meds done? Anya's obervation re: CIC processing files according to med dates makes a lot of sense.
Thanks!
I did my medical on April 16.

nodet

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I saw an update on MYCIC just few minutes ago! but no ghost Email nor ECAS change. Ecas is still in progress.
ITA 27 march
AOR MAY 25th
ECAS in progress 14th August
FSW inland
What does it mean? would it be a rejection?!!