katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I (and, really, most people) never received that second AOR. I don't really know what is up with that, as it's supposed to go out once your application is deemed complete. On the other hand, many people report getting the BOWP with just the first AOR.

I am on implied status now, and will be until I land next Friday. As my partner has one more year of his current degree left, I applied back in June to renew my current open work permit, and he applied to renew his student visa, just in case our PR application was denied. He got the student visa a few weeks ago, but when I called to enquire about the status of the work permit, CIC told me they are backed up on open work permits and I wouldn't hear until mid-October. That's fine with me - once I land, I will withdraw my application and I hope I get my $255 back! My point is that the application will put you on implied status when your current visa runs out, and you very well may have a decision on your PR before you even get the BOWP! Good luck for a speedy decision on your PR!
Thanks Dobes,I hope things will go smoothly.congrats for your PR, I'm sure a heavy weight was lifted from your shoulders :)

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Congrats!! Please could you post your timeline including ITA date?
ITA - 20 March
Aor - 16 May
Medical passed - 9 or 10 June
Background check - in progress 9 or 10 June
Ecas - 3 Lines - in process 13 or 14 Aug
RPRF - 10 sep

vecooo

Aug 12, 2015
Finally got mail to pay RPRF now it's easy to bread .
Aor May 17
In process august 20
Inland
FST

Waiting this nightmare to be over

Flash555

Aug 23, 2015
RPRF Finally.... ;D

ITA: April 17
Application submitted & AOR: May 13
Medical Passed : May 14
Background check : Not Started
Final Decision : Not Started

ECAS "Application Received" --- "In Process": Aug 21
RPRF Sep 10

hrj2011

Sep 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got a request for RPRF. Normally, for past cases, how long did it take from RPRF to the next step? Any idea? My work permit's expiring soon and I am just trying to plan accordingly.

My timeline:

Inland FSW Applicant
ITA: April 10
Application submitted & AOR: May 16
ECAS Changed from "Application Received" to "In Process" (3 lines): Aug 14
RPRF Sep 10

Will appreciate any data points. Thanks!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akhuttan said:
Just Got an email to pay the RPRF.

Time line
AOR - 25th May 2015
In Process - 17th August 2015
RPRF - 10th September 2015

What happens after this?
Either Decision Made on ECAS, followed by PPR, or PPR. Possibility of another request - RCMP, Schedule A, before those things, but that's unlikely. You most likely only have a couple more steps. Congratulations!

tm1986

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to see so many people getting RPRF. I paid it upfront so no such update for me. In hindsight I should not have paid it upfront. Atleast i would have gotten an update on what stage my application is by getting the RPRF request.

Also I think the concept of applications being approved by their ITA date is not accurate. If that was the case i would have got a decision on my application by now since i got my ITA on March 21st. Also it makes no sense because your application will truly enter the processing queue based on when you application is considered complete and not when you get invited to apply. Just my 2 cents on this.

Sitting on 118 days since AOR and 26 days since ECAS moved to in-process.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tm1986 said:
Good to see so many people getting RPRF. I paid it upfront so no such update for me. In hindsight I should not have paid it upfront. Atleast i would have gotten an update on what stage my application is by getting the RPRF request.

Also I think the concept of applications being approved by their ITA date is not accurate. If that was the case i would have got a decision on my application by now since i got my ITA on March 21st. Also it makes no sense because your application will truly enter the processing queue based on when you application is considered complete and not when you get invited to apply. Just my 2 cents on this.

Sitting on 118 days since AOR and 26 days since ECAS moved to in-process.
They are going by ITA date. Obviously you haven't received any decision now because they're not true with the March ITA's.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
They are going by ITA date. Obviously you haven't received any decision now because they're not true with the March ITA's.
ITA date makes sense to me. We are asked to wait until getting an ITA before getting medicals, which are valid for only one year. We obviously have to get those medicals before submitting applications and getting AOR. So CIC might very well want applications to be decided on within 5 months of ITA, leaving another month for PPR, change of visa office where necessary, and CoPR - leaving only 6 months for outlanders to land in Canada while the medical is still valid.

It just makes sense then, to prioritize by ITA. What DOESN'T make sense is why it seems that some June and even July applicants are reaching PPR before April and May ones. So back to the drawing board?

kadukans

Aug 22, 2015
vecooo said:
Finally got mail to pay RPRF now it's easy to bread .
Aor May 17
In process august 20
Inland
FST

Waiting this nightmare to be over
[/quot

congrats vecco... hope your ppr just one week away..
R u family class or single aplicant? my timeline is almost same as yours and is FST.
Did they ask any additional documents?

tm1986

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
ITA date makes sense to me. We are asked to wait until getting an ITA before getting medicals, which are valid for only one year. We obviously have to get those medicals before submitting applications and getting AOR. So CIC might very well want applications to be decided on within 5 months of ITA, leaving another month for PPR, change of visa office where necessary, and CoPR - leaving only 6 months for outlanders to land in Canada while the medical is still valid.

It just makes sense then, to prioritize by ITA. What DOESN'T make sense is why it seems that some June and even July applicants are reaching PPR before April and May ones. So back to the drawing board?
Exactly!!! There is no way of figuring out a pattern here. Every application is different and requires different processing times. Also it is dependent on how fast the VO is in processing applications assigned to him/her not on the ITA date. True they might be processing it in batches of ITA dates but as Dobes said in that case people from June and July should not be getting PPRs yet.

mrazzak

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02, 09, 17-06-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
LANDED..........
24-10-2015
tm1986 said:
Exactly!!! There is no way of figuring out a pattern here. Every application is different and requires different processing times. Also it is dependent on how fast the VO is in processing applications assigned to him/her not on the ITA date. True they might be processing it in batches of ITA dates but as Dobes said in that case people from June and July should not be getting PPRs yet.
My application is in process for last two months and as I paid the RPRF upfront, I am not sure if the application moved or not.

AOR - May 9th
ECAS in process - July 7 or 9th

u2cc

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
1 May
mrazzak said:
My application is in process for last two months and as I paid the RPRF upfront, I am not sure if the application moved or not.

AOR - May 9th
ECAS in process - July 7 or 9th
When is your ITA? Any additional doc request?