Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Those who can not immigrate, do not regret
Hallo everyone
I have been in Canada so far for almost 6 months. I can not say that I regret immigrating because life in my
home country is really horrible, but my short experience in Canada is so harsh and really depressive. I only wonna
make few points clear for those who are dying to immigrate, just like I was a couple of month ago:
1-Life here is extremely expensive ,,,and I am not speaking about luxury stuff,,,even basic stuff like
food and cloth is so expensive that you will not be able to afford it sometimes.
2-Finding a job in your field after arrival is almost impossible even if there are many job adds. Hundreds
apply for each add and the human resource management here is so sophisticated that selection is
very hard to pass...let alone reach the interview stage.
3-If you are thinking about studying to get Canadian education you should be aware that studying here involves an
incredible amount of reading and assignments ,,,and grading is just,,, most probably you will never be able to study full time
and work at the same time,,,,and you would not want to study part time becuase this takes forever to finish.
4-Social assistance is minimal,,,,I am schocked that they do not even give what is enough for survival ,,,a family
of 3 will get only around 1200 monthly ,,,,and this will barely pay the rent and bills,,,maybe 200 left for food and
everything else!!
5-Theoritically health is covered by government insurance, but when it comes to reality you will find many issues
not covered,,,like ambulance and medicine costs ,,,,most horrific are the dental costs,,,if you have a dental
problem and you are not working, you are in a crisis.
6-minimum wage jobs like in retail will barely cover living costs,,,one parent working will not be able to support
his family earning minimum wage.
7-Canadians are the most patient and submissive creatures on earth. They take things as they are and never complain or
challenge rules even when the system is obviously wrong. Consequently they do not accept foreigners complaining about
their country too.

It hurts like hell to live unemployed in Canada because you are always trying to save money by buying cheap products and services which are very bad quality and you do not have even the right to complain because customer service is really poor on such products as well….you feel lack of respect sometimes.

I never felt so poor and helpless in my life.

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER 01-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 25-07-2014 visa Issued 21-07-2014
LANDED..........
8th Nov 2014
:eek:
All I can say...Don't lose your hope...!!!

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Discard all these negativity. I landed in Canada in Jan'13, and got a job as Data Analyst in TD Bank within 6 months. My wife is a Doctor, which as everyone knows is one of the toughest career paths to choose in this country. But she opted for a different route by securing admission for Masters in Bioethics program at Univ of Toronto, a specialized program for healthcare professionals. Now she has the option to apply for residency after 2 years, or stabilize herself as a Bioethicist. Agree, the first 6 months were really tough. But guys you need to have patience to succeed in Canada. No doubt, the job market is competitive. But there are ways to get around. As the wise man say, don't wait for things to happen....make things happen!!

mygp0913

Sep 5, 2013
hopeful4 said:
Those who can not immigrate, do not regret
Hallo everyone
I have been in Canada so far for almost 6 months. I can not say that I regret immigrating because life in my
home country is really horrible, but my short experience in Canada is so harsh and really depressive. I only wonna
make few points clear for those who are dying to immigrate, just like I was a couple of month ago:
1-Life here is extremely expensive ,,,and I am not speaking about luxury stuff,,,even basic stuff like
food and cloth is so expensive that you will not be able to afford it sometimes.
2-Finding a job in your field after arrival is almost impossible even if there are many job adds. Hundreds
apply for each add and the human resource management here is so sophisticated that selection is
very hard to pass...let alone reach the interview stage.

3-If you are thinking about studying to get Canadian education you should be aware that studying here involves an
incredible amount of reading and assignments ,,,and grading is just,,, most probably you will never be able to study full time
and work at the same time,,,,and you would not want to study part time becuase this takes forever to finish.
4-Social assistance is minimal,,,,I am schocked that they do not even give what is enough for survival ,,,a
family
of 3 will get only around 1200 monthly ,,,,and this will barely pay the rent and bills,,,maybe 200 left for food and
everything else!!
5-Theoritically health is covered by government insurance, but when it comes to reality you will find many issues
not covered,,,like ambulance and medicine costs ,,,,most horrific are the dental costs,,,if you have a dental

problem and you are not working, you are in a crisis.
6-minimum wage jobs like in retail will barely cover living costs,,,one parent working will not be able to support
his family earning minimum wage.
7-Canadians are the
most patient and submissive creatures on earth. They take things as they are and never complain or

challenge rules even when the system is obviously wrong. Consequently they do not accept foreigners complaining about
their country too.

It hurts like hell to live unemployed in Canada because you are always trying to save money by buying
cheap products and services which are very bad quality and you do not have even the right to complain because customer service is really poor on such products as well....you feel lack of respect sometimes.

I never felt so poor and helpless in my life.
Hi, where in Canada did you stay or are you still in canada?

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER 01-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 25-07-2014 visa Issued 21-07-2014
LANDED..........
8th Nov 2014
Well said. +1 for u.

HeisenbergCanada said:
Discard all these negativity. I landed in Canada in Jan'13, and got a job as Data Analyst in TD Bank within 6 months. My wife is a Doctor, which as everyone knows is one of the toughest career paths to choose in this country. But she opted for a different route by securing admission for Masters in Bioethics program at Univ of Toronto, a specialized program for healthcare professionals. Now she has the option to apply for residency after 2 years, or stabilize herself as a Bioethicist. Agree, the first 6 months were really tough. But guys you need to have patience to succeed in Canada. No doubt, the job market is competitive. But there are ways to get around. As the wise man say, don't wait for things to happen....make things happen!!