+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This issue of application refused because of Education assessment!

Thirdeye47

May 4, 2015
Is a ECA required for a associate degree in computer science. I realize this is out of the context of this post, but I would be very happy if someone would let me know.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
opindersinghbuttar said:
The problem with Masters is that if you only have your Masters degree assessed. You will get the proper points for Education but in the "SKILLS TRANSFERABILITY" they will put you under "two or more Educational credentials of 2 years or Longer"( as you will also have a Bachelors degree).
This is where the problem starts in EXPRESS ENTRY, if you DO NOT have assessment for your Bachelors degree, your application will be deemed as incomplete!

Same is the case for ppl who finished their MASTERS in CANADA but did the Bachelors from their HOME country. IN this case ONE will not require ECA for the CANADIAN degree but THE FOREIGN BACHELORS needs the SKILL ASSESSMENT.

Hope that makes some sense.

I asked two individuals that got cancelled applications, one did both his qualifications and the other had just bachelors so your explanation does not support the issue of cancelled application.

warhound

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
This is what CIC responded via email. As always.. lots of mumbo jumbo without addressing the exact question and circumstance.

Dear Client,

In order to be assigned points for education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, Express Entry candidates’ education credentials must either be a Canadian educational credential or they must have a valid educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) for the non-Canadian education credential. In addition, some candidates may require an ECA in order to meet the requirements of at least one of the programs included in Express Entry. When a client has more than one educational credential then the client will choose which education credential is to be assessed. For more information ECAs please go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
warhound said:
This is what CIC responded via email. As always.. lots of mumbo jumbo without addressing the exact question and circumstance.

Dear Client,

In order to be assigned points for education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, Express Entry candidates' education credentials must either be a Canadian educational credential or they must have a valid educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) for the non-Canadian education credential. In addition, some candidates may require an ECA in order to meet the requirements of at least one of the programs included in Express Entry. When a client has more than one educational credential then the client will choose which education credential is to be assessed. For more information ECAs please go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
lolz..back to the square one... :D

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Thirdeye47 said:
Is a ECA required for a associate degree in computer science. I realize this is out of the context of this post, but I would be very happy if someone would let me know.
If it was completed at a non-Canadian university/college, you need ECA.

However, what isn't 100% clear is if you still need ECA for the lower degree if you did a higher degree (in your case Bachelors or above) in Canada.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
YamPower said:
If it was completed at a non-Canadian university/college, you need ECA.

However, what isn't 100% clear is if you still need ECA for the lower degree if you did a higher degree (in your case Bachelors or above) in Canada.
yeah thats the confusing part....

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warhound said:

Dear Client,

In order to be assigned points for education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, Express Entry candidates' education credentials must either be a Canadian educational credential or they must have a valid educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) for the non-Canadian education credential. In addition, some candidates may require an ECA in order to meet the requirements of at least one of the programs included in Express Entry. When a client has more than one educational credential then the client will choose which education credential is to be assessed. For more information ECAs please go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
They do not like to be held responsible for their responses, do they?

How about just saying ECA should be done for "highest qualification"

I just hope the few cancelled applications was a glitch in the system.

chdboy25

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
dukhi said:
The whole system is so vague and open ended with no call center help...
and the silly thing is they don't ask for explanation and reject the application at first instance. Ideal response will be to ask for bachelor ECA also if they need it..but rejecting a application is little harsh..

Waleed Mostafa

Feb 18, 2013
what about entry to practice professional degree .. are they equivalent to Master degree in education score and transferability score . Even you have bachelor degree in medicine or pharmacy will the applicant receive 50 point in transferability for education although it is one degree bachelor .. ???

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
For the question:

Has X had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate? (It must have been from an agency approved by CIC.)

If you did not earn a Canadian diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential.
"Diploma" means a diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship certificate. "Degree" means a University degree. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must have been awarded by a Canadian educational institution recognized by a Canadian province or territory. If you have obtained an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for this study, you should respond "No" to this question. You will be asked about your ECA later.
"Post-secondary" means education taken following high school, like college, university, or trade school.
A "first professional degree" prepares a person for a certain profession. People need to be licensed to practice in the profession. The degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy. Examples:
• First professional degree in: Medicine (Doctor of Medicine), Veterinary Medicine, or Dentistry
• Doctor of Dental Surgery degree
• Doctor of Medicine, Chiropractic, Optometry, Podiatry, or Veterinary Medicine degree
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
• Bachelor of Law
• Juris Doctor

Note the text in bold.
So I guess, we need to mention only our Canadian Masters and remove the foreign degree/diplomas in your PR application.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok i have read some posts and curious to ask about my status

I fall under FSW and got my ECA assessed by WES and they have given me masters. I have also done one year diploma from Canada which i mentioned in my EE profile. When i sent my ECA documents for masters i didn't send my bachelors documents as WED did not need at that time.

I have masters for FSW and Canadian diploma which i have to mention, so what about this case?

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
Ok i have read some posts and curious to ask about my status

I fall under FSW and got my ECA assessed by WES and they have given me masters. I have also done one year diploma from Canada which i mentioned in my EE profile. When i sent my ECA documents for masters i didn't send my bachelors documents as WED did not need at that time.

I have masters for FSW and Canadian diploma which i have to mention, so what about this case?
ECA is required only if highest degree is from outside Canada. This information is clearly mentioned in express entry profile page. Just click on the 'help' sign near to the question regarding ECA when adding education details in profile.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gibinv said:
ECA is required only if highest degree is from outside Canada. This information is clearly mentioned in express entry profile page. Just click on the 'help' sign near to the question regarding ECA when adding education details in profile.
asao i can't use my ECA that is masters from India if i have done diploma from Canada?