+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This issue of application refused because of Education assessment!

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am beginning to get worried as I have read about 5 posts this week alone about cancelled applications because of education assessment even when people have their ECAs updated.

Does CIC require both ( if two degrees) qualifications assessed even when you are claiming points for one?

Are people not "checking for completeness" after completing their forms?

Why is CIC not asking for additional documents if they require, rather than cancelling applications?

I want to believe that all the people who had their applications cancelled are not from the same visa office so it must be a CIC thing.

A lot of work goes into collating documents and I think it is unfair to cancel an application , this has left me with too many questions about the EE system.

Any ideas?

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=680&t=6

The above link which was modified in February 2015 says "If you were educated in Canada, you do not need one"

Its not clear to be honest...

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibyt said:
Hi guys,

I am beginning to get worried as I have read about 5 posts this week alone about cancelled applications because of education assessment even when people have their ECAs updated.

Does CIC require both ( if two degrees) qualifications assessed even when you are claiming points for one?

Are people not "checking for completeness" after completing their forms?

Why is CIC not asking for additional documents if they require, rather than cancelling applications?

I want to believe that all the people who had their applications cancelled are not from the same visa office so it must be a CIC thing.

A lot of work goes into collating documents and I think it is unfair to cancel an application , this has left me with too many questions about the EE system.

Any ideas?
The problem with Masters is that if you only have your Masters degree assessed. You will get the proper points for Education but in the "SKILLS TRANSFERABILITY" they will put you under "two or more Educational credentials of 2 years or Longer"( as you will also have a Bachelors degree).
This is where the problem starts in EXPRESS ENTRY, if you DO NOT have assessment for your Bachelors degree, your application will be deemed as incomplete!

Same is the case for ppl who finished their MASTERS in CANADA but did the Bachelors from their HOME country. IN this case ONE will not require ECA for the CANADIAN degree but THE FOREIGN BACHELORS needs the SKILL ASSESSMENT.

Hope that makes some sense.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
I am also confused about ECA.

I have Bachelors (2years) + PG Diploma (1year) + Masters (2years) + Accounting Diploma (6months).

Should i send all these education documents to WES for ECA?

Would it be in the category of "Two or more diploma/degree, one being 3 years or more" ?

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haceeb said:
I am also confused about ECA.

I have Bachelors (2years) + PG Diploma (1year) + Masters (2years) + Accounting Diploma (6months).

Should i send all these education documents to WES for ECA?

Would it be in the category of "Two or more diploma/degree, one being 3 years or more" ?
Your Bachelors is 2 years?
none of your degrees/diplomas are over 3 years .... so I am afraid that you might not fall under this category.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
opindersinghbuttar said:
Your Bachelors is 2 years?
none of your degrees/diplomas are over 3 years .... so I am afraid that you might not fall under this category.
A friend who has 2 yr bachelor + 2 yr masters was assessed as 3 yr canadian bachelors.

Three years or more is in canadian equivalance and not related to home country degree duration

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
opindersinghbuttar said:
The problem with Masters is that if you only have your Masters degree assessed. You will get the proper points for Education but in the "SKILLS TRANSFERABILITY" they will put you under "two or more Educational credentials of 2 years or Longer"( as you will also have a Bachelors degree).
This is where the problem starts in EXPRESS ENTRY, if you DO NOT have assessment for your Bachelors degree, your application will be deemed as incomplete!

Same is the case for ppl who finished their MASTERS in CANADA but did the Bachelors from their HOME country. IN this case ONE will not require ECA for the CANADIAN degree but THE FOREIGN BACHELORS needs the SKILL ASSESSMENT.

Based on what source you are giving this info...I spoke to a lawyer only regarding this..and he said that "The master's credential is higher than “two or more post-secondary education credentials”. You received 50 points under skill transferability for doing the masters"

also if you see the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

you will see masters is above "two or more post-secondary program credentials"

also this is official cic tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

all they ask for highest degree and do not ask if you have an additional degree ? hope this helps

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
i agree with curious_123...

is there any person with Canadian Masters who was rejected for no ECA??

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
dukhi said:
i agree with curious_123...

is there any person with Canadian Masters who was rejected for no ECA??
I have the same question. I am eligible under CEC. Bachelor's from India and Masters from Canada

However, when I see the CEC checklist there is no mention of ECA.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I exactly found out the reason why we do NOT need 2 ECA but need only for the highest degree (in case of one being Bachelor and other Master). The answer is in CRS grid itself.

There are two places where you score points for education

a) One is Level of Education

b) Other is skills transferability

(ignoring others such as spousal as that will follow same pattern)

a) To score in Level of Education, whatever degree you have (for example Master's) get ECA for that and get points.

b) If you check Level of Education, it is divided into 8 levels (high school, secondary, one-year program , two-year program, bachelor's, Two or more certificates, master's and PHD). Now going to skills transferability, under education level 1 and 2 are clubbed together, level 3,4 and 5 are clubbed together and 6,7 and 8 are clubbed together (although I believe CLB is a typo - see left most column under education). This basically means anyone above "Two or more certificates" which is at level 6, will get maximum points.

So with only Master degree, one can score points on Level of Education and skills transferability without need of evaluating Bachelor as it satisfies the grid. And I definitely believe that is the reason why I got maximum points for Master's degree and full points in skills transferability even after saying "No" to Bachelor ECA question. Also the reason why when auto data was transferred from my EE profile to my PR application the system deleted Bachelor's row and kept only Master's row as it was basically redundant information.

Hope this clears some doubt.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Can anyone who applied with a Canadian master but a bachelors degree from another country (without an ECA) confirm if they passed their education check?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
opindersinghbuttar said:

I agree with this and would never tell a friend not to the ECA for the foreign Bachelors.

Even though the score is given for the Masters, the Bachelors must be up to Canadian standard for you to have been accepted into the Masters programme.

So getting the ECA for the Bachelors makes sense, even with a Canadian Masters.

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
YamPower said:
I agree with this and would never tell a friend not to the ECA for the foreign Bachelors.

Even though the score is given for the Masters, the Bachelors must be up to Canadian standard for you to have been accepted into the Masters programme.

So getting the ECA for the Bachelors makes sense, even with a Canadian Masters.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

In the above site, they state:

"If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA."

So, doesn't this prove that people with a Canadian Mastes/diploma/certificate, need not obtain an ECA for their foreign credentials?

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
purohit said:
I exactly found out the reason why we do NOT need 2 ECA but need only for the highest degree (in case of one being Bachelor and other Master). The answer is in CRS grid itself.

There are two places where you score points for education

a) One is Level of Education

b) Other is skills transferability

(ignoring others such as spousal as that will follow same pattern)

a) To score in Level of Education, whatever degree you have (for example Master's) get ECA for that and get points.

b) If you check Level of Education, it is divided into 8 levels (high school, secondary, one-year program , two-year program, bachelor's, Two or more certificates, master's and PHD). Now going to skills transferability, under education level 1 and 2 are clubbed together, level 3,4 and 5 are clubbed together and 6,7 and 8 are clubbed together (although I believe CLB is a typo - see left most column under education). This basically means anyone above "Two or more certificates" which is at level 6, will get maximum points.

So with only Master degree, one can score points on Level of Education and skills transferability without need of evaluating Bachelor as it satisfies the grid. And I definitely believe that is the reason why I got maximum points for Master's degree and full points in skills transferability even after saying "No" to Bachelor ECA question. Also the reason why when auto data was transferred from my EE profile to my PR application the system deleted Bachelor's row and kept only Master's row as it was basically redundant information.

Hope this clears some doubt.
Perfect.

Thanks for the information.